Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

MOTDgd Advertisements (3.0.2 2020/01/04) ** Added 'rewards' (works with CSGO) **

Post New Thread Reply   

StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2013 , 01:22   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.3 - 13/07/13)
Reply With Quote #71

Might I suggest a CVar that if turned on, makes the plugin call the MOTD command on a client, so that when they're done viewing the Ad, they are taken to the server's real MOTD? That would be excellent, and would give this a major edge over Pinion.
Ixel
Old 07-16-2013 , 03:14   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.3 - 13/07/13)
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerMan780 View Post
Might I suggest a CVar that if turned on, makes the plugin call the MOTD command on a client, so that when they're done viewing the Ad, they are taken to the server's real MOTD? That would be excellent, and would give this a major edge over Pinion.
Excellent suggestion! I will get it done today.
eric0279
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2013 , 08:27   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.3 - 13/07/13)
Reply With Quote #73

Hello,

I want to understand why some players in the motd displays nothing.

in server.cfg, I enabled:
sm_cvar motd_enabled 1

and there is no cvar that allows players to block motd so I'm not sure why the plugin does not work properly.

This is not the only motdplayer pinion and have the same problem for L4D2.
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2013 , 16:14   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.3 - 13/07/13)
Reply With Quote #74

I'd love a sound-only based advertisement option.

No motd/video popup, just radio-like sound playing every x minutes.
Ixel
Old 07-19-2013 , 17:59   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.3 - 13/07/13)
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
I'd love a sound-only based advertisement option.

No motd/video popup, just radio-like sound playing every x minutes.
Unfortunately I haven't found an ad partner which offers such an option, yet, if one even exists. The closest option you have is to either:
- Use it on Quickplay/Matchmaker TF2 servers, which prevent the MOTD being shown more than once but can still play it
- Don't use the forced timer within the plugin, allowing the player to close the MOTD immediately whilst the remaining sound plays
- Disable the cvar which causes the MOTD to re-appear every 30 minutes by default (review).

In regards to everything else, I will be releasing 1.6.4 in the next few days which should hopefully help support L4D/L4D2 better (workaround unless someone has an idea as to why the MOTD doesn't always show up in that game), along with upcoming settings on the website for specifying MOTD related settings (such as where to redirect to after the ad has finished).
ReZy
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-24-2013 , 01:51   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.3 - 13/07/13)
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric0279 View Post
Hello,

I want to understand why some players in the motd displays nothing.

in server.cfg, I enabled:
sm_cvar motd_enabled 1

and there is no cvar that allows players to block motd so I'm not sure why the plugin does not work properly.

This is not the only motdplayer pinion and have the same problem for L4D2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixel View Post
Games tested as working, or partially working:
- Counter-Strike: Source (fully working)
- Day of Defeat Source (fully working)
- Left 4 Dead (partially working)
- Left 4 Dead 2 (partially working)
- Team Fortress 2 (fully working)
L4D2 Partially working
Also there is immunity for MotdGD.

Last edited by ReZy; 07-24-2013 at 01:52.
eric0279
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-24-2013 , 06:06   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.3 - 13/07/13)
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Also there is immunity for MotdGD.
disabled.
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2013 , 18:52   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.3 - 13/07/13)
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixel View Post
Unfortunately I haven't found an ad partner which offers such an option, yet, if one even exists. The closest option you have is to either:
- Use it on Quickplay/Matchmaker TF2 servers, which prevent the MOTD being shown more than once but can still play it
- Don't use the forced timer within the plugin, allowing the player to close the MOTD immediately whilst the remaining sound plays
- Disable the cvar which causes the MOTD to re-appear every 30 minutes by default (review).

In regards to everything else, I will be releasing 1.6.4 in the next few days which should hopefully help support L4D/L4D2 better (workaround unless someone has an idea as to why the MOTD doesn't always show up in that game), along with upcoming settings on the website for specifying MOTD related settings (such as where to redirect to after the ad has finished).
Please don't use the Pinion way of doing things making it so the redirect to the Real MOTD is done through the site... unless you plan to allow to pass PHP GET Vars for things like server name, name/steamid of client, etc like Dynamic MOTD.

I'm currently using Dynamic MOTD, but due to the current MOTDgd version, it gets overridden before anyone gets a chance to see it. Once someone types MOTD in chat or in the console, it can be viewed though, so I was hoping that simply having it so that the MOTD command is executed for a client once they click OK after finishing an Ad. Keeping compatibility with other MOTD Plugins.

Last edited by StrikerMan780; 07-28-2013 at 18:53.
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-29-2013 , 01:43   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.3 - 13/07/13)
Reply With Quote #79

Hello Ixel, today 07/29/13, I lost all my money I got during the last 15 days, simply disappeared, now is $0.00, where my money went?

I did not request the payment, and i have a payment still pending, However I lost all the money accumulated during the past two weeks!!!

Last edited by StayOx; 09-25-2013 at 23:28.
Ixel
Old 07-29-2013 , 10:00   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.3 - 13/07/13)
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerMan780 View Post
Please don't use the Pinion way of doing things making it so the redirect to the Real MOTD is done through the site... unless you plan to allow to pass PHP GET Vars for things like server name, name/steamid of client, etc like Dynamic MOTD.

I'm currently using Dynamic MOTD, but due to the current MOTDgd version, it gets overridden before anyone gets a chance to see it. Once someone types MOTD in chat or in the console, it can be viewed though, so I was hoping that simply having it so that the MOTD command is executed for a client once they click OK after finishing an Ad. Keeping compatibility with other MOTD Plugins.
Noted. I'll see about doing this through the plugin instead then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayOx View Post
Hello Ixel, today 07/29/13, I lost all my money I got during the last 15 days, simply disappeared, now is $0.00, where my money went?

I did not request the payment, and i have a payment still pending, However I lost all the money accumulated during the past two weeks!!!

My SteamProfile
This problem has been resolved early this morning, with an email sent out to all members on the mailing list to clarify that. You should find your balance fully restored. This was caused by an old cron job transferring the pending balance to the available balance. This action is no longer required as automatic withdrawal requests are now made on the 15th of every month.

Could a member confirm here that their balance is restored, just so new potential members know that I've resolved this. Thanks.