Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Health/Armor-Stations | ~ revive the good ol' HL Deathmatch ~

Post New Thread Reply   

P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2007 , 03:31   Re: Health/Armor-Stations | ~ revive the good ol' HL Deathmatch ~
Reply With Quote #41

* Can you change the colour of the glow thingie?
* Are there any other major bugs to be fixed or it's working until you find a new bug sorta?

Last edited by P4rD0nM3; 06-02-2007 at 04:28.
regalis
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2007 , 06:14   Re: Health/Armor-Stations | ~ revive the good ol' HL Deathmatch ~
Reply With Quote #42

If you don't like the colors you can change line 142 and 143
Code:
new const Float:g_colors[][3] = {
    {255.0, 0.0, 0.0}, //red for the Health-Stations
    {0.0, 0.0, 255.0} // blue for the Armor-Stations
}
to a value you prefer ;)

There are some minor fixes in the future to enable the whole model be solid..now its only a little square in the middle of the model which is solid...
This is because of the different angles you can place the Station...the entity have to be aligned in the same angle and thats a bit tricky...
But thats so far no problem ;)

The other thing is that there is a native entity in the HL engine which does the Health/Armor giving itself(func_healtrechager/func_recharge)...at the moment i use "info_target" entity and do the health/armor giving by myself .
The native entities are very tricky to handle...so i think this is so far the final version

greetz regalis
Old 06-07-2007 , 12:27   Re: Health/Armor-Stations | ~ revive the good ol' HL Deathmatch ~
Reply With Quote #43

Tested it several times on my servers. Its was running very for fine 5 days without any problems on our public server. :-)
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2007 , 10:11   Re: Health/Armor-Stations | ~ revive the good ol' HL Deathmatch ~
Reply With Quote #44

No need to create gModelIndex.
regalis
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2007 , 10:34   Re: Health/Armor-Stations | ~ revive the good ol' HL Deathmatch ~
Reply With Quote #45

Thanks for the approval
gModelIndex will be commented out in the next release

greetz regalis
Old 06-11-2007 , 13:04   Re: Health/Armor-Stations | ~ revive the good ol' HL Deathmatch ~
Reply With Quote #46

Congrats, I'm using it on my DeathMatch server. ^_^
BlackMilk
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2007 , 14:58   Re: Health/Armor-Stations | ~ revive the good ol' HL Deathmatch ~
Reply With Quote #47

Is it possible the plugin can be edited to pull models and stuff from HL itself?
Or is that somehow impossible?

(any way I can find to save my visitors from more downloads...)
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2007 , 23:50   Re: Health/Armor-Stations | ~ revive the good ol' HL Deathmatch ~
Reply With Quote #48

It's less then 5 seconds if you have sv_downloadurl enabled.
BlackMilk
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2007 , 02:28   Re: Health/Armor-Stations | ~ revive the good ol' HL Deathmatch ~
Reply With Quote #49

That's not the point.

The point is the number of downloads players go through, isn't it logical that server owners want to save them as much DL's as possible? A lot of top-quality plugins also use models and sounds, and often that's (fortunately) only optional, or possible to use from HL, so removing them or getting them from HL would in fact give one more space. For other plugins and bigger maps.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2007 , 02:41   Re: Health/Armor-Stations | ~ revive the good ol' HL Deathmatch ~
Reply With Quote #50

regalis, if you have some time PM me where I can show you how it will crash a server when you're placing it on a V shaped wall (i.e. caves @ de_airstrip). Or you can do it yourself.