Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

ModelChanger

Post New Thread Reply   

havoc615
Old 06-28-2005 , 23:27  
Reply With Quote #41

Well you can use your own models, just read the documentation. However, I do think the source should be released too, there is a lot of posibilites that could come from this.

Also, I doubt theres any possibility, but it would be really nice if it was like the old days where a model was 1-2 files and much smaller I guess all those poor souls with DSL will have to wait
Send a message via AIM to havoc615
sslice
Old 06-29-2005 , 02:04  
Reply With Quote #42

The model files aren't very large at all.
Old 06-29-2005 , 05:30  
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Duke
ssslice had been working on a plugin very similar to this one. We've decided to work together on one plugin. He is working on a linux compile right now.
let linux server admins enjoy same plugin as windows guys, so please release linux version asap, even if still has that bug.
10x.
havoc615
Old 06-29-2005 , 08:52  
Reply With Quote #44

Are you kidding? the team pack is almost 30 MB, and the admin model is 15MB, however it does look like some stuff is done twice. Maybe you only have to download half, but even then it's still very large.
sniper_strike
Old 06-29-2005 , 11:50  
Reply With Quote #45

how do i use my own models

66.150.188.42:27015
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2005 , 12:22  
Reply With Quote #46

I didn't make any of those custom model skins (except the T/CT white admin one). Some of the skins seem large to me also (5 MB? That doesn't seem necessary for a player skin). I think they are not compressed at all. If you bzip the files on your sv_downloadurl, they will probably be much smaller.

The readme (available in the zip or on the web page) has info on defining the custom models that are used by the plugin.

Also, I added a tutorial to the plugin's web page on recompiling the standard model to use custom skins. Some custom models won't work when they unless they are used to overwrite the stock T or CT models. For those models, follow the same steps in the tutorial to compile the custom model to a new folder location.
vt4tje
Old 06-29-2005 , 16:02   help
Reply With Quote #47

i down't know why but i don't have the

.ini file can some1 copy the things that should stand in the ini file to here i can then create 1 myself.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2005 , 16:40  
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
4. Add this line:
addons\metamod\bin\modch_mm
to the metaplugins.ini file (.../cstrike/addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini)
Note: if you don't have that file, go back to step 1.
Just create a new text file and paste that line into it. Then rename it as metaplugins.ini
KocK GoBlin
Old 06-29-2005 , 17:52  
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Duke
Also, I added a tutorial to the plugin's web page on recompiling the standard model to use custom skins. Some custom models won't work when they unless they are used to overwrite the stock T or CT models. For those models, follow the same steps in the tutorial to compile the custom model to a new folder location.
Thank you.
havoc615
Old 06-29-2005 , 19:24  
Reply With Quote #50

Any ideas on this compression idea? I would love to use the full team pack, but I can't efficently get everyone to download them.