Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

SirLamer
Old 03-30-2010 , 21:57   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #461

Oh nevermind, I think I confused people and their cases.

Vinic, I can look at your issue. PM me connection info. Include the URL to the Jukebox admin page, login credentials for an admin account and FTP access info for the web server.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source
vinic
Old 03-31-2010 , 00:26   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #462

I figured it out. For some reason there was a default settings.php file in the root directory with the real, proper one in "include/". For some reason that false one was superseding the other, and only on browse.php and upload.php.
SirLamer
Old 03-31-2010 , 13:51   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #463

Thanks for letting me know. I have reviewed the last few release bundles and settings.php is not in the root folder in any of them, so you must have put it there yourself by accident.

vinic
Old 03-31-2010 , 17:12   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #464

Yeah I don't know what I did there.

Love this plugin.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-31-2010 , 22:56   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #465

Code:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'XXXXXXXX'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/jukebox/include/login/database.php on line 24
Access denied for user 'r3dw3r3w'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
I think theres something wrong with databasing since the _ Doesn't register, it just gives off the first part. (IE if the database where hypersite_jukebox, it would only register hypersite instead since it'd be like 'hypersite@localhost' in the message.

how do you fix this? ._.

-r3d
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-04-2010 , 06:49   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #466

nvm, i reuploaded and redid everything. Works again. ^_^
SirLamer
Old 04-05-2010 , 03:01   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #467

Sorry I missed your issue. I'm glad you got it fixed.

Here's an update for what I have planned for the next major release. It will be a big one, adding several requested features. For key major feature will be added:
  • Playback looping - Users will be able to make their current playback selection automatically repeat. This was requested by users who like to have their favorite "power song" play over and over while they frag away.
  • Playlist creation - Users will be able to prepare playlists to save to the server and listen to on later visits. This way users can prepare multiple sets to listen to for different moods. Admins will be able to prepare playlists for a public library.
  • Automatically play music on server join and on map change - A long requested feature, Jukebox will be able to play tracks (or playlists) from a specially identified selection on first join as well as during map change. It will operate in a couple different modes. This could be used for a variety of things, including a theme song, audio blog, server announcements, or just simple entertainment during transition times.

Here are some maybes, depending on how long the above additions take:
  • Menu-based controls of the query settings currently only available via command line. This is important to create accessibility and awareness of these hidden features.
  • Menu-based eavesdropping, including a snapshot view of who is listening to what at any moment. Additionally, some privacy options may have to be added.

If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to let me know.

DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2010 , 03:15   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #468

That all looks really good, all features that users want. I have 1 more idea.

Can you add a welcome sound feature. Specify a sound file, it doesnt have to be in the library, make it play when users join the server, maybe after they see the MOTD, add a setting for users to turn the welcome sound on and off.

TerroriZe
Old 04-05-2010 , 07:13   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #469

wow you got the playlist creation workin? cant wait for the next update
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-05-2010 , 11:40   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #470

here's some ideas if you want, some might be stupid or impossible but hey im puttin some out there. ^_^

1. Make it so you can play sounds to certain people like when you type in !jb -player and it gives a list of players, you click one then the window pops up and you choose a song and it plays for them. Might be useful. :]

2. I like sound effects since they make my server interesting, me and my friends micspam on it like random sounds, can you make it so you can like bind to key buttons plays and also make it optional to not say anything about playing it. Might be a thought. ^_^

3. My friend was thinking of adding a mode where an admin could play a song under a certain name and it'd say to the server the DJ is playing this song. (For instance, i play a song and i make in a .cfg file my steamid is like DJ Wolf then it's say when i /jb -all, DJ Wolf is playing "SONG NAME". Dunno if this'd be useful but just another thought.

Ill get back to you with other ideas when i think of any. :]

-r3d