Admin Dll w/ Weapons Restrictions and Voting and Ranks/hpk

dacaid
Old 12-17-2004 , 10:55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itcheh
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleFart
[UPDATED]1.0.0.10 12/17/2004
Redid say Commands to using the new player_say event provided by valve.
Added ReservedSlot cvar def=0 set to 1 and it will kick the first found non admin
when the server fills to MaxPlayers.
I added a mechinism to retain players information for a while after they
disconnect, so that when the guy tks someone or whatever and quits before you can
ban them, now the ban command will search through disconnected players who have
from the last half hour or so and get there steamid and still allow you to ban then.
If after JoeSmoe tks and quits, do a chat or console @ban joe 1440 and if no one currently
connected matchs the targetlookup, it will then search the disconnected players
and find him and ban him for 1440 minutes...0 for permanant.
No more having to look through the logs or console to find a steamid.
this can be turned off via cvar EnableKeepInMem def=1 0 to disable.

I really do not know how researved slots work. So I added one anyway.
If the server fills up, it will search through the players list and
pick the first non admin it finds and kick them.
if this isnt how a reserved slot works let me know.
Reserved Slots:
If i have a 20 player server, I set it to 2 reserved slots. It freely allows 18 players to join, If a 19th attempts to join it checks if they are admin for the server, or if they are in the reserved slot list, if not, it kicks them with a message of Reserved Slot. But if they are on the list it will let them in.

Quote:
On reserved slots, I don't know how it should work, but here's how I've been determining who to kick when manually making room for my admins.

Kick order:
1. Spectators
2. Highest ping
3. Lowest kills

Maybe you can use that algorithm if the engine allows you to access those data fields.

This is an awful way to choose who to kick, this way it'll kick server's friends that maybe suck or have a high ping

Reserved slots are made to change server status to full for anyone except admins

Once admin is inside, he has to choose who he ll kick if he wants to free the reserved slot he took...

I moderate my saying about the awful way, this is a good way for a l33t server who has no friends that arent admins
dacaid
Old 12-17-2004 , 10:58  

Yesterday after updating to 1.0.0.9 i lost my admin rights

I checked admins.txt and i was still inside.
Then i checked admins.txt from beetlefart package and i saw that not only steam IDs were inside (check yourself to understand)

I had to put 1 after each ID to get the rights back

I didnt see it documented... maybe i missed a post, are there admin lvls now?

[EDIT] ok i found it, maybe you should add this to your first post? I now you're busy but this thread is now 30 pages long and many visitors might bother you with that
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-17-2004 , 11:01  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaid
This is an awful way to choose who to kick, this way it'll kick server's friends that maybe suck or have a high ping

Reserved slots are made to change server status to full for anyone except admins

Once admin is inside, he has to choose who he ll kick if he wants to free the reserved slot he took...

I moderate my saying about the awful way, this is a good way for a l33t server who has no friends that arent admins
That sounds more like the correct way of doing a reserved slot..
Thats why I didnt want to do one... I dont want the server to just to kick someone anyone its full.
If I can find or figure a way to tell the engine to report maxplayers differently on a status request then I guess I could do something like that...
but I have no idea where to even begin on something like that.
dacaid
Old 12-17-2004 , 11:07  

Quote:
disconnect, so that when the guy tks someone or whatever and quits before you can
from the last half hour or so and get there steamid and still allow you to ban then.
If after JoeSmoe tks and quits, do a chat or console @ban joe 1440 and if no one currently
sweeeet

tell me how you work on the plugin? Do you have a list of things you might want on your server or you just try things as you discover the SDK ?
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-17-2004 , 11:23  

Quote:
Quote:
sweeeet

tell me how you work on the plugin? Do you have a list of things you might want on your server or you just try things as you discover the SDK ?

Mostly I did the things that I want on my server...
Im doing it all to for my server, and my clans other servers,
and we all benifit.
The retaining people in memory for a while after they leave is a very sweet thing indeed...
Before the sdk came out I made a program that got the logs from the
server and responded to say messages and did appriate commands if from an admin...That spoiled me to now only want to use say commands.
One day a jerk was TKing ppl and I kicked him and he came right back in
and said sorry. Then at round start he turned and TK;d me immediately
and he quit.
So thats when I added the storing of people in memory for a while after they leave. Ive had to use it a half dozen times or so since..
And its nice!!
Ice-B
Old 12-17-2004 , 12:04  

I would like to thank BeetleFart for this great plugin. I wish I could do such a thing. We use it on our server and it saves us a lot of time. If now a graphically menu will released for that, then I wouldn´t know if I sourcemod still need. ;)
cHoSeN oNe
Old 12-17-2004 , 13:14  

Great work on the plugin indeed. I definitley can't wait for the source is released so I can learn how this engine works. Keep up the excellent work BettleFart!!!11
sbbytor
Old 12-17-2004 , 13:32  

Exactly how do you add a reseve slot. I can't find the area in my server wher I put the line to add a reserve slot.

Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks Beetle
Bytor
wazoo
Old 12-17-2004 , 13:51   stats php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schieni
Great work....
One question:
Is there a coder who can make a php-script, which displays the ranking on the clan-website? That would be great!
Most use PsychoStats. www.psychostats.com
I use PsychoStats and PsychoNuke at www.psychonuke.com
my site http://68.214.95.13

-Wazoo
Blood-Sport CS 1.6 68.214.95.13:27015
Blood-Sport Source 68.214.95.13:27016
wazoo
Old 12-17-2004 , 14:06  

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itcheh
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleFart
[UPDATED]1.0.0.10 12/17/2004
Redid say Commands to using the new player_say event provided by valve.
Added ReservedSlot cvar def=0 set to 1 and it will kick the first found non admin
when the server fills to MaxPlayers.

I really do not know how researved slots work. So I added one anyway.
If the server fills up, it will search through the players list and
pick the first non admin it finds and kick them.
if this isnt how a reserved slot works let me know.
Reserved Slots:
If i have a 20 player server, I set it to 2 reserved slots. It freely allows 18 players to join, If a 19th attempts to join it checks if they are admin for the server, or if they are in the reserved slot list, if not, it kicks them with a message of Reserved Slot. But if they are on the list it will let them in.

Quote:
On reserved slots, I don't know how it should work, but here's how I've been determining who to kick when manually making room for my admins.

Kick order:
1. Spectators
2. Highest ping
3. Lowest kills

Maybe you can use that algorithm if the engine allows you to access those data fields.

Amx reserve slots.

For example:

you would set your maxplayer to 12. Then you would set your amx config with 2 reserves. 10 normal players could play and it wouuld show on the serverlist only 10 player server but reality it would be 12. If you log in and you are not in the admin.cfg then you would be kicked from the server with a message saying only reserve slots are available, only if the server is full. Now if you are an admin then you are able to join.

I would recommend that you never want to kick any one off the server just so an admin could play.

Hope this helps,
-Wazoo
Blood-Sport CS 1.6 68.214.95.13:27015
Blood-Sport Source 68.214.95.13:27016