Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Forum mod

Post New Thread Reply   

Soloist
Old 12-24-2004 , 14:30  
Reply With Quote #31

Can you add/change so that when people are register in a certain usergroup that they will get the admin rather than everyone that registers. Like i have a {GC}Member user group and i want people who are in there to get bcef admin and i dont want to have to add then to mysql db everytime a new person joins that group and i also dont want everyone register on my forum to get admin also.
Send a message via ICQ to Soloist Send a message via AIM to Soloist Send a message via MSN to Soloist Send a message via Yahoo to Soloist
Bryan
Old 12-26-2004 , 17:50  
Reply With Quote #32

omg JGHG thank you sooo much alot of help ill work on adding it now =) thank you! great plugin umm will it work with www.kosclans.com ? that forum it uses invasion power board.
Send a message via AIM to Bryan Send a message via MSN to Bryan
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2004 , 08:14  
Reply With Quote #33

0.4 up.

Quote:
041227 0.4 Added support for IPB.
While reading mail you would sometimes buy weapons etc when pressing the mail menu buttons. Should be fixed. :-)
When installing this for IPB, make sure you didn't change the default prefix "ibf_" for data tables when setting up the forum. Also change the defines accordingly (comment phpbb, uncomment ipb) before compiling. Then set the cvar fm_forum_db to ipb or whatever name your db has.
Then mod your forum. I can't give instructions on how to do this because I only had a closedsource test version of IPB.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2004 , 18:20  
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by {[*G.C*
} Soloist]Can you add/change so that when people are register in a certain usergroup that they will get the admin rather than everyone that registers. Like i have a {GC}Member user group and i want people who are in there to get bcef admin and i dont want to have to add then to mysql db everytime a new person joins that group and i also dont want everyone register on my forum to get admin also.
This seems like a good idea and should be pretty easy to do as groups exist at least in PHPBB and IPB. You would probably create a new group "Game server admins", and add anyone you need to that group. That group gets extra flags. You could possibly have several groups with different admin flag levels if necessary.

Working on this.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2004 , 06:58  
Reply With Quote #35

In the meantime I made an important update for those of you using IPB. I only today discovered that IPB absolutely rocks. :-]

No need to hack into the forum's php code, just use the Custom Profile Field feature:

Quote:
041228 0.4.1 Updated to use IPB's "Custom Profile Field" feature. Just add a field named "STEAMID" (case insensitive)! No need to hack your forum! :-)
Sorry if I got anyone to already hack at your forum. :-}

Using this feature will make you set this plugin up in less than a minute
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2004 , 07:04  
Reply With Quote #36

0.5 up

NEW in 0.5: You can now assign admins to your game server simply by adding a forum user to a forum group! Here's how to set it up:
Create a group in your forum like "Game server admin" (or whatever name), and then register it in server console using 'amx_registergroup "Game server admin" "bcdefghijk"' to automagically add extra admin powers to any forum user being a member of that group. You can create several of these groups, just be sure to register them using the amx_registergroup command.
n0obie4life
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2004 , 07:44  
Reply With Quote #37

hey JGHG...

It would be nice to make your phpbb coding guide Easymod compatiable..
Bryan
Old 12-31-2004 , 13:57  
Reply With Quote #38

after i get every thing updated if u want i can give u access to my account on teh ipb forum and let u see if u can mod it right?
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2005 , 16:24  
Reply With Quote #39

Ok I've looked at EasyMod. It seems good for the enduser (in this case, the forum administrator), but means I'll have to dig through and learn another API before I can make something out of that.

Nonetheless it's a good idea and I will probably have a shot at making something out of that, sooner or later. (Almost) any improvement of phpbb modding sure is welcome.

In the meantime I cannot emphasize enough how much better IPB is made in comparance to PHPBB, at least for this matter. The devs of IPB sure made their homework before making their bulletin board system. Likely the phpBB group didn't have scalability on their mind when starting out. Then again, phpBB is free and open. :-]
Bryan
Old 01-02-2005 , 19:56  
Reply With Quote #40

thanks ill use after i find out how to use mysql , i have one i can add stuff to just not sure how to make add it yet . thx jghg love your work !!