Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Custom Icon on HUD (Sprites)

Post New Thread Reply   

hleV
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2010 , 14:03   Re: Custom Icon on HUD (Sprites)
Reply With Quote #31

If it's in google, it must be here too? People come here rather than search in google for plugins and ways to do AMXX stuff.
Old 04-11-2010 , 14:19   Re: Custom Icon on HUD (Sprites)
Reply With Quote #32

Only thing you are not allowed to do is to release plugins with slowhack code inside.
By common sense, people here do not support slowhack requests.
But every one knows about client_cmd commands.

In another hand, you can via google find how to make a real bomb, i'm not sure you gonna link such sites here.
I know this would be OT here, but you can say same with cheats.

- my plugins -
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-11-2010 , 14:52   Re: Custom Icon on HUD (Sprites)
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hleV View Post
If it's in google, it must be here too? People come here rather than search in google for plugins and ways to do AMXX stuff.
There is nothing wrong to talk about knowledge. It's up to people to do what they want afterwards and has nothing to do with you if they don't respect the rules on this forum.
Old 04-11-2010 , 15:27   Re: Custom Icon on HUD (Sprites)
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
There is nothing wrong to talk about knowledge. It's up to people to do what they want afterwards and has nothing to do with you if they don't respect the rules on this forum.
I'll make it simple. If you don't care if they slowhack, then fine, spoil it (as you did).
I don't want people to slowhack, that's why I sent a PM instead of posting it in forum.

While it's not a bad thing to explain how to do stuff people shouldn't do, it's better to not do that, unless, as I mentioned before, you don't care.
Old 04-11-2010 , 16:01   Re: Custom Icon on HUD (Sprites)
Reply With Quote #35

You don't understand what I mean. When someone uses client_cmd() to mess with client cvars, you have always someone who will tell you it's bad, against the rules etc, basically always someone to teach you about that. There we are talking about only on the knowledge point of view to know and understand how it's possible to create file on the client. Remember I thought it was not possible. My point is : there is nothing wrong to talk about such things and the purpose is not to encourage people using it. And If people are using it, you will see always someone, like you, to teach them it should not be used. That's not I don't care, it just has nothing to do with that. That's all.

Last edited by Arkshine; 04-11-2010 at 16:12.
hleV
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2010 , 16:56   Re: Custom Icon on HUD (Sprites)
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
You don't understand what I mean.
You're completely correct. I didn't understand anything in your latest post.

Why talk about something you don't want people to know? WHY?
Nothing personal, but I honestly think that you should have avoided showing people the way to slowhack that many didn't know yet.
Old 04-11-2010 , 17:43   Re: Custom Icon on HUD (Sprites)
Reply With Quote #37

Look, you say you don't want people to know but still you have sent me a PM. It makes no sense. It doesn't matter who I am, you just have not followed what you believe. Anyway, hiding is idiot because there are already references to these cvars on this forum before this thread. Also, when you search on google you find sooo many examples. (I've never searched myself, too lazy, but it's ridiculous how it's easy to find when you search). Just because you don't see much thread about that there doesn't mean that people don't know about these cvars. I've answered because some people wanted to know. It's important to share the knowledge, nothing more. What do people is not your problem, you are not a god who can decide what people must do or not, and you can't do nothing anyway. Instead of doing pointless actions, you better teach why people should not do that by explaining properly when you will see someone using such methods there.
Old 04-11-2010 , 18:13   Re: Custom Icon on HUD (Sprites)
Reply With Quote #38

I've sent PM to you because I'm pretty sure that you won't slowhack. It matters.

When person asks you how to do something he shouldn't do, you show him a way and then tell him that he shouldn't do that? I doubt it.

It's the same as giving a code of binding client's keys. Would you do that because it's already somewhere in these forums (so by your logic it's nothing bad to repeat it) or you'd rather tell that it's slowhacking and not allowed here?

What you did was wrong for a person who doesn't want people to slowhack, no matter how you look at it.

Last edited by hleV; 04-11-2010 at 18:17.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-11-2010 , 19:15   Re: Custom Icon on HUD (Sprites)
Reply With Quote #39

Again, when you search there or google, you can see from a long time ago that's not a secret you can create file on client. From this point, hiding is just idiot because you will have always someone who will create a thread like this one asking how to do thing on client, and you will have a day when someone will give the right answer. And you can't do nothing about that. Following you, it's the same as Orpheu ; just because it is able to do questionable thing, we should avoid to talk about it or use it, etc ? It's really ridiculous. Orpheu, like motdfile/motd_write are just tools. It's up to them to use such tools freely like they want, though when you are on this forum you are under some rules and you may not write anything you want. Which is funny in your reaction is you say I'm wrong when I've just quoted the tool used, I did not say you should use that nor showing a full example on what the author of this thread should do to have custom icons (which include to know how create icons, putting the right text in hud.txt, etc. ), without speaking if it's really doable. It was just a matter of knowledge on how it's possible. It was not an answer to this thread but to the people who wanted to know the tool used by curiosity or/and for the sake of the knowledge. Knowing the tool doesn't imply he can use it, it requires some knowledge. I lol'd.

Last edited by Arkshine; 04-11-2010 at 19:34. Reason: s
hleV
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2010 , 06:22   Re: Custom Icon on HUD (Sprites)
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
From this point, hiding is just idiot because you will have always someone who will create a thread like this one asking how to do thing on client, and you will have a day when someone will give the right answer.
And that someone has to be you? Moderators close threads about slowhacking for a reason, you know.

If you don't want people to slowhack, don't show them a hint of how to do that. Now after you shown it, probably more people will change players' file content.

If people used search, they wouldn't create threads about stuff. So it's a good thing not to tell them a thing about how to slowhack. Many don't use search, so they probably won't find out the way as long as you don't provide it.

It's not idiotic to hide the way to slowhack the same as it's not idiotic to close the thread about it (and delete the post probably).

You didn't know the way to edit client's files, right? Now you know. So many other people (not necessary that many, but still). Good job.

Last edited by hleV; 04-12-2010 at 06:25.