Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Respawn System

Post New Thread Reply   

GunSpeed
Old 02-20-2012 , 07:18   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #321

Question, is this plugin safe or complies with quickplayer rules? Many of our players complain about the spawn time :d

Last edited by GunSpeed; 02-20-2012 at 07:25.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2012 , 07:46   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #322

See mailing list (fletcher)

Examples of server modifications that resulted in this policy include: * Running bots and trying to make them appear that they were human players * Running bots and circumventing or modifying the usual mechanisms that the bots are advertised to the server browser * Running with significant gameplay modifications, such as respawn times, without having the proper tags on their server designed to alert quickplay and automated searches about those modifications. We have not taken action against individual servers, but rather against an entire related server group. Hopefully the necessity for this policy is clear. We took two different actions, depending on the severity of modification we found: * Preventing IP addresses from logging a TF gameserver account, which excludes them from quickplay. * Delisting IP addresses from the master server (server browser and Quick Match system) for one month.
Old 03-01-2012 , 15:20   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #323

Is it possible to get this looked into? I would not want users (myself included) of this cool plugin to be going against Valve's policy on this.

Thanks in advance.

lamasniu
Old 03-10-2012 , 14:55   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #324

For those that still want to use this plugin and not go against Valve's Policy of Truth, as it was mentioned in another post by Powerlord. This is what can be done

Set in your server.cfg mp_respawnwavetime 10. Normally the default time Valve sets this at is 10.0 so just changing it to 10 produces the sv_tags to show your server is using changed respawn times. Thus making your server compliment to their request.

Glad that I can still use this.

Last edited by lamasniu; 03-10-2012 at 14:57. Reason: added url of post with the sourcing information.
Roundcat
Old 04-05-2012 , 06:25   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #325

Ok so I have my server.cfg with the following settings:

//Valve Settings on Respawn Time
mp_respawnwavetime 10
mp_disable_respawn_times 1

//instant respawn plugin
sm_respawn_time_enabled "1"
sm_respawn_time_blue "0"
sm_respawn_time_red "0"

Can anyone work out why my respawn time is still about 6 secs? It always cuts to the map camera before respawn... Appreciate anyones help here...

EDIT: Just worked out that I had installed DJ Tsunami's plugins and WoZeR's cvars!!! LOL Testing now.

Last edited by Roundcat; 04-05-2012 at 07:02.
gH0sTy
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-08-2012 , 06:17   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #326

Here's a version that adds/removes "respawntimes" to the sv_tags cvar if the plugin is enabled/disabled.
It will also generate a tf2_respawn.cfg file in cfg/sourcemod folder and will be disabled during arena game mode.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (TF2_Respawn.sp - 524 views - 8.4 KB)
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-15-2012 , 11:59   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by gH0sTy View Post
Here's a version that adds/removes "respawntimes" to the sv_tags cvar if the plugin is enabled/disabled.
It will also generate a tf2_respawn.cfg file in cfg/sourcemod folder and will be disabled during arena game mode.

If this version corrects the issue with Valve and the tags then it should be updated on front post and re-approved - I don't know if in fact it does as you never state but that's my assumption?
throzen
Old 05-07-2012 , 19:22   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #328

Hi guys. I installed this plugin (version 1.06) onto my server, it works fine... sort of. The problem is, my red team respawn time is set to 17 seconds, and when it counts down to like 5/4/3 seconds, if you click, you can instant respawn, bypassing those last few seconds. It's the same for blue team, but less noticeable since the respawn time is much lower. Any solutions?

Thanks
klamm
Old 08-16-2012 , 10:34   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #329

need update!!!
MON@H Rasta
Old 09-23-2012 , 07:11   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #330

need update
Send a message via ICQ to MON@H Rasta Send a message via Skype™ to MON@H Rasta