Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)

Post New Thread Reply   

Eraa
Old 09-20-2010 , 11:09   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #241

I believe a window in the room on the right is open
Old 09-20-2010 , 12:35   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #242

yeah, its open, but unless someone rewrites their own plugin to force a path on map load, instead of as it is now, it is pretty much unusable unless with good friends. (because it causes invisible walls and abrupt item loading which makes people think admin is changing stuff on the fly)
Capolan
Old 09-20-2010 , 13:40   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #243

Hey everyone out here - question for you all.

I'm playing with this plugin on co-op, and the random map pick doesn't work it seems. an example of "not working" -- Dead Center, 2nd map. come out of the safe room and everything looks "standard" (as if there was no plugin) but there are invisible walls everywhere the models would be. If i then force to HARD all the models show up.

This essentially means 2 things: 1. the maps are near unplayable unless there is an admin there to force a path. 2. It seems we have to always force "HARD" - and thus, the variety and randomness is not there, which in a way ruins the intended effect (the "dont know which one we'll get kind of mystery)

now - is anyone else having issues like this, or can anyone help me out point me in the right direction or is this just "how it is" -- i can live with it, i just want to know my options.
GanjaStar
Old 09-20-2010 , 15:21   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capolan View Post
Hey everyone out here - question for you all.

I'm playing with this plugin on co-op, and the random map pick doesn't work it seems. an example of "not working" -- Dead Center, 2nd map. come out of the safe room and everything looks "standard" (as if there was no plugin) but there are invisible walls everywhere the models would be. If i then force to HARD all the models show up.

This essentially means 2 things: 1. the maps are near unplayable unless there is an admin there to force a path. 2. It seems we have to always force "HARD" - and thus, the variety and randomness is not there, which in a way ruins the intended effect (the "dont know which one we'll get kind of mystery)

now - is anyone else having issues like this, or can anyone help me out point me in the right direction or is this just "how it is" -- i can live with it, i just want to know my options.

l4d2_routing_gamemodes - default "versus,teamversus,mutation12"

thats default, did you add coop to that line?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 09-20-2010 , 16:39   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #245

It does not cause invisible walls if you code the config properly - see c1m3 for example. And c5m2 i think.
Eraa
Old 09-20-2010 , 20:47   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #246

Simple question : How to close first door on c4m1 befor the survivor leave start zone atm ?
Old 09-21-2010 , 04:13   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
l4d2_routing_gamemodes - default "versus,teamversus,mutation12"

thats default, did you add coop to that line?
Yes i added coop and mutation8 (aka ironman)

here's the line from the SP that is used.

cvarRoutingGamemodes = CreateConVar("l4d2_routing_gamemodes", "versus,teamversus,mutation12,mutation8,coop" , " What gamemodes the Plugin is supposed to be active in ", FCVAR_PLUGIN|FCVAR_NOTIFY);

is there somewhere else besides the plugin that this information would go? - I could be totally missing something here, if I am - please let me know. I made an assumption that this change in the sp that was then used to compile the smx -- would be "enough" but that could be totally incorrect and there could be another place i'm not looking or haven't made a change.

as I said - if i force path it works, just no random.

Last edited by Capolan; 09-21-2010 at 04:16. Reason: added information
Capolan
Old 09-21-2010 , 04:43   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
It does not cause invisible walls if you code the config properly - see c1m3 for example. And c5m2 i think.

I'm using the map configs that i pulled off here. this isn't a problem with the maps it seems, more that the randomizer isn't "on" -- now, this isn't a problem with the code - i've done something wrong, i'm just looking for some help diagnosing it.

i just did a quick test on dead center map 2.

out of the safe room - invisible walls everywhere objects are in the paths (nothing forced)

I then:
force easy - invisible walls dissappear
then
force med - mesh gate appears
then
force hard - bus appears.

I have screenshots of this if anyone wishes to see them.

easy, med, and hard are all working. the problem seems to be that none of these are being selected, which puts it in an odd sort of "half-way" state where no objects show up but the route is still blocked as if the object was there.

Last edited by Capolan; 09-21-2010 at 05:04.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2010 , 06:00   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #249

You know, POSTING the config you want fixed would be a blast.
Capolan
Old 09-22-2010 , 01:17   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
You know, POSTING the config you want fixed would be a blast.
When you say CFG here - do you mean the map cfg where the objects are placed and such - i.e. the files that are on here created by you and Untalented and others, or is that called something else? -- i just want to make sure that i'm thinking of the same thing that everyone else is.

if map config means that...

I'm not sure it's a map cfg problem? - I know you made the plugin for vs. - and my using it as coop - is is possible that in coop it doesn't randomize because it wasn't made for coop (I don't know the answer, i'm asking...)

i just want to use the plugin for coop and ironman mutation as I don't play vs. ever really.

I played a few rounds of vs. tonight to test the plugin, and the randomizer works just fine - no problems what so ever. This leads me to think that the problem is with coop as it was never intended to work with coop?

Is there any other place I have to enable the gamemode other than in the original SP file - is there a plugin cfg that I need to create, or that is created at the time the plugin is run? (i didn't see one..)

Last edited by Capolan; 09-22-2010 at 04:01.