0% 

SMAC Development Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2011 , 12:07   Re: SMAC Development thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glite View Post
I had an idea how SMAC can catch bunnyhop scripts. SMAC need to monitor the pressing of space button and when per one pressing of space performs 2 and more events player_jump it will be script, because you can't jump twice while space is pressed.
From the player's point of view, they are only holding space (+jump), but I'm pretty sure that the "bunnyhop script" is sending the IN_JUMP command at the precise time they hit the floor. Same way the auto-fire works.

Edit: The (lua?) script you PM'd me shows exactly that.
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 09-13-2011 , 12:10   Re: SMAC Development thread

So whats to stop a player changing the "Macro" and using another key? I doubt all hackers/cheaters would use 1 particular key to bind a macro for cheats weather it be bhop hacks or any other.

Glite
Old 09-13-2011 , 12:24   Re: SMAC Development thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinblaster View Post
So whats to stop a player changing the "Macro" and using another key? I doubt all hackers/cheaters would use 1 particular key to bind a macro for cheats weather it be bhop hacks or any other.
This way is to catch noobs, because they always using space not another button, and this is easiest button to hit.

GoD-Tony, yes bhop scripts using same method as lua(this i PM'd you), and method that i suggested, is the easiest way to catch them because you can't jump twice while +jump command are sended. Or the other way while command +jump sended and player performs two jumps(hack/script).(as i know when you roll mouse wheel game sends multiple +jump commands) And the space button will be for macro and lua.
P.S. So, GoD-Tony is it possible to make it for SMAC?

Last edited by Glite; 09-13-2011 at 12:48.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2011 , 13:06   Re: SMAC Development thread

Quote:
you can't jump twice while +jump command are sended.
You can if you're running a modified client to send the jump command at the right time, regardless of when you press jump. That's what is happening in this case.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2011 , 13:06   Re: SMAC Development thread

I hate keyboard/mouse macros....
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2011 , 13:17   Re: SMAC Development thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
I hate keyboard/mouse macros....
Disabling sv_allow_wait_command will render most macros useless.
Glite
Old 09-13-2011 , 13:39   Re: SMAC Development thread

GoD-Tony, have some troubles on aimbot detector with knife. It ignores knife kills, but don't ignore knife attacks and people got banned on warmod server with knife race. I hope you will fix this quickly.
Glite
Old 09-13-2011 , 13:42   Re: SMAC Development thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
Disabling sv_allow_wait_command will render most macros useless.
AutoIT, autohotkey, macro in mouse don't use this command

Quote:
You can if you're running a modified client to send the jump command at the right time, regardless of when you press jump. That's what is happening in this case.
I don't think that people know about this. (i don't know about that) Tell me what is it.
edit. Who have knowledge to make this or rights to get it, and who will use it? I sure that the hackers don't know about this or if they know they will not use it.

Last edited by Glite; 09-13-2011 at 16:26.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2011 , 03:55   Re: SMAC Development thread

Quote:
GoD-Tony, have some troubles on aimbot detector with knife. It ignores knife kills, but don't ignore knife attacks and people got banned on warmod server with knife race. I hope you will fix this quickly.
The aimbot module only checks when a player is killed. Can you clarify on how it is working incorrectly in this case?

Quote:
I don't think that people know about this. (i don't know about that) Tell me what is it.
edit. Who have knowledge to make this or rights to get it, and who will use it? I sure that the hackers don't know about this or if they know they will not use it.
By "modified clients" I meant people using third-party programs or addons. The lua script does what I described. We're going in circles here, but the fact is the method you described to catch these programs wouldn't work for reasons I already explained.

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 09-14-2011 at 08:21.
Glite
Old 09-14-2011 , 08:29   Re: SMAC Development thread

Quote:
The aimbot module only checks when a player is killed. Can you clarify on how it is working incorrectly in this case?
I tested it myself with admin. When i attakcing with knife and strongly shake the screen it got detected and when admin attacking it detect too.

Quote:
By "modified clients" I meant people using third-party programs or addons. The lua script does what I described.
May be you don't understand what i saying. "modified clients" it's only Lua and bhop hacks! And the problem that the +jump can be sended it's not yours or mine problem, it's problem of people that using lua and bhop hacks and got banned. In legit clients you can't jump more than once while +jump are sended. I think it's fresh idea builded on how bhop hacks and lua bhop are working. And maybe It's only one method to catch scripts and bhop hacks.

Last edited by Glite; 09-14-2011 at 08:46.
Closed Thread