SuperNade

Post New Thread Reply   

Rolnaaba
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2007 , 16:47   Re: SuperNade
Reply With Quote #11

Thanks cheap I will try that, I didnt know that the grenades thought 0.o

Thanks cheap using ur method now.

Last edited by Rolnaaba; 06-08-2007 at 18:21.
sytremelaker
Old 06-04-2007 , 02:20   Re: SuperNade
Reply With Quote #12

Just making sure, the gernade in this plugin counts as gernade kills right? Gonna try to run this with pRED's BF2 Rank Mod, so just wondering.

By the way, looking forward to that CTF plugin you got in your sig
Send a message via AIM to sytremelaker
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2007 , 12:39   Re: SuperNade
Reply With Quote #13

I think you don't realize what you are doing. You checking for grenade model even tough you have fm_cs_get_grenade_type() function that is used to avoid such unreliable method of model check.
demon9206
BANNED
Old 06-06-2007 , 23:50   Re: SuperNade
Reply With Quote #14

i think its a great plugin, gonna use it in my fun server, thanks alot!
Send a message via AIM to demon9206 Send a message via MSN to demon9206 Send a message via Yahoo to demon9206
Rolnaaba
Veteran Member
Old 06-08-2007 , 18:23   Re: SuperNade
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEN View Post
I think you don't realize what you are doing. You checking for grenade model even tough you have fm_cs_get_grenade_type() function that is used to avoid such unreliable method of model check.
I am sorry I was leaving for summer camp, and I didnt really get a chance to fully expand on Cheap's code. I will ge on the editing, I am currently renovating this plugin. I will post new version soon, but I cant right now because I have to get off internet...I hate dialup :/
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2007 , 14:25   Re: SuperNade
Reply With Quote #16

[UPDATE] RENOVATED the plugin made a lot of changes, take a look now version 3.0
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2007 , 13:33   Re: SuperNade
Reply With Quote #17

Why not use register_message / set_msg_block insted of superceding FM_Message* / FM_Write* to block your message?
Rolnaaba
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2007 , 15:20   Re: SuperNade
Reply With Quote #18

gaben mod creators chose not to use that native, i figured this method was more stable?
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2007 , 02:17   Re: SuperNade
Reply With Quote #19

Not really. It just was written when register_message / set_msg_block was in the engine module so Basic Master didn't wanted to rely on obsolete module. Now it isn't the case.
Rolnaaba
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2007 , 09:29   Re: SuperNade
Reply With Quote #20

ok I will edit it then.

[EDIT] never used these functions before but here is what I came up with, correct me if I am wrong.
highlighted the changes in do damge func.
Code:
new gKiller = 0; new gVictim = 0; public plugin_init() {     //...     register_message(get_user_msgid("DeathMsg"), "Block_DeathMsg"); } public DoExtraDamage(id, attacker) {     new xtra_dmg = get_pcvar_num(pcvar[CDMG]);     new health = pev(id, pev_health);     set_pev(id, pev_health, float(health-xtra_dmg));         if((health-xtra_dmg) <= 0) {            gBlockDeathMsg = 1;                 user_kill(id, 1);                 gKiller = attacker;         gVictim = id;                 // Update killers scorboard with new info         message_begin(MSG_ALL, get_user_msgid("ScoreInfo"))         write_byte(attacker)         write_short(get_user_frags(attacker))         write_short(get_user_deaths(attacker))         write_short(0)         write_short(get_user_team(attacker))         message_end()                 // Update victims scoreboard with correct info         message_begin(MSG_ALL, get_user_msgid("ScoreInfo"))         write_byte(id)         write_short(get_user_frags(id))         write_short(get_user_deaths(id))         write_short(0)         write_short(get_user_team(id))         message_end()     } } public Block_DeathMsg(msg_id, msg_dest, entid) {     if(gBlockDeathMsg) {         //As of AMX Mod X 1.5, the middle parameter of set_* no longer does anything.         set_msg_arg_int(1, 1, gKiller);         set_msg_arg_int(2, 1, gVictim);         set_msg_arg_int(3, 1, 0);         set_msg_arg_string(4, "grenade");                 gBlockDeathMsg = 0;                 return PLUGIN_CONTINUE;     }     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE; }

Last edited by Rolnaaba; 06-12-2007 at 09:45.