Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

1.76d upgrade causes nvault module problem - specific to linux servers only

Post New Thread Reply   

TheSh@rk
Old 03-29-2007 , 13:17   Re: 1.76d upgrade causes nvault module problem - specific to linux servers only
Reply With Quote #11

The same,
When it will be fixed?
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-29-2007 , 13:18   Re: 1.76d upgrade causes nvault module problem - specific to linux servers only
Reply With Quote #12

You can follow the progress of the bug here:

http://bugs.alliedmods.net/?do=details&task_id=115

Until then try downgrading to v1.76c
i have a hat
Old 03-29-2007 , 16:00   Re: 1.76d upgrade causes nvault module problem - specific to linux servers only
Reply With Quote #13

You know you can use 1.76d and use the nvault module from 1.76c? Does that work?
Send a message via AIM to teame06
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 03-29-2007 , 16:05   Re: 1.76d upgrade causes nvault module problem - specific to linux servers only
Reply With Quote #14

No it doesn't
Only if i use nvault and the amxmodx_mm_i386.so from 1.76c nvault loads. Using any part of the 1.76d package causes bad load on nvault.

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 03-31-2007 , 08:53   Re: 1.76d upgrade causes nvault module problem - specific to linux servers only
Reply With Quote #15

I was testing why my server crashes sometimes with wc3:ft RC5 and tried to start binary logging. So i took the .so for binary logging and installed it. Didn't remembered at this point that the 1.76d doesn't run correctly, but the nvault module loads with the amxmodx_bl_mm_i386.so from 1.76d.
Strange....

sawce
The null pointer exception error and virtual machine bug
Old 03-31-2007 , 09:35   Re: 1.76d upgrade causes nvault module problem - specific to linux servers only
Reply With Quote #16

Do a version check of the BL .so

I'm pretty sure the binary logging .so is only recompiled for major releases. eg: that's 1.76 normal
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 03-31-2007 , 12:54   Re: 1.76d upgrade causes nvault module problem - specific to linux servers only
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawce View Post
Do a version check of the BL .so

I'm pretty sure the binary logging .so is only recompiled for major releases. eg: that's 1.76 normal
Is that a solution to fixing the problem because I don't know what any of that means but I'd like to fix it. lawl.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 04-17-2007 , 03:54   Re: 1.76d upgrade causes nvault module problem - specific to linux servers only
Reply With Quote #18

I must have missed your post SubStream, sorry for the delay.
No it is not a sollution for the problem because binary logging is a ressource killer and is supposted to be only used if you have problems with plugins and want to determy what plugin causes the problem. It creates 20 MB log files every 30 seconds to 1 minute and makes your server laggy.

Still i had the problem that nvault will not load, but now i don't need it anymore, because war3ft doesn't use nvault anymore to save XP.
Still there is a bug that it doesn't load on some linux distributions and i hope for all users that they will fix it.

|PJ| Shorty
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2007 , 17:05   Re: 1.76d upgrade causes nvault module problem - specific to linux servers only
Reply With Quote #19

if you have problems with the nvault 1.76d use the 1.76c, its the same.

see comment from bail
http://bugs.alliedmods.net/?do=details&task_id=115
Send a message via ICQ to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via AIM to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via MSN to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via Yahoo to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via Skype™ to |PJ| Shorty
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 04-17-2007 , 17:26   Re: 1.76d upgrade causes nvault module problem - specific to linux servers only
Reply With Quote #20

If you read the whole post you know that using the nvault from c doesn't fix the problem as none of the nvault modules load with d......