[CS:S/CS:GO] Teambalance

Post New Thread Reply   

altex
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2010 , 08:09   Re: Teambalance
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Haze View Post
When somebody gets killed, and your plugin swaps them to the other team, instead of just respawning instantly again, could you delay the respawn for 3 seconds (so the player stays dead for three seconds before respawning).
This plugin does not respawn player at all. It just switches team for player. Nothing more. I think there is another plugin that respawns player on your server

Quote:
Then in this three seconds, show a fullscreen overlay, like a picture that covers the entire screen, telling the player that he's been swapped to the other side, so he won't start blasting his own teammates ;)
Can you give me an example of the overlay? Do you mean MOTD window with url? If you mean url then it is not so good idea beacuse of unpredictible delay that happens sometimes when motd is displaying.

I think good idea is to anounce player in chat with message like "you have been moved to opposite team" or something.

But the main reason why it not so usefull is that when this plugin moves player to opposite team it shows menu with skin selection. So player can not start to attack teammates because when he select skin he understand that he is changed the team.

If you use deathmatch:sm as a dm plugin then he even does not respawn before he selects skin.
Old 02-08-2010 , 08:29   Re: Teambalance
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by altex View Post
This plugin does not respawn player at all. It just switches team for player. Nothing more. I think there is another plugin that respawns player on your server
My bad, I knew that the DM plugin respawned players, I just thought you'd be able to put the player on "hold" for a few seconds before swapping him.

Quote:
Can you give me an example of the overlay? Do you mean MOTD window with url? If you mean url then it is not so good idea beacuse of unpredictible delay that happens sometimes when motd is displaying.
Best thing I can do is give you a piece of code:
Code:
ClientCommand(client, "r_screenoverlay effects/tp_eyefx/tpeye.vmt");
This will give you an effect overlay like your on drugs or something. The vmt itself is located in the default source GFC's, so you can just put that in a small test plugin and see what I mean.

Code:
ClientCommand(client, "r_screenoverlay 0");
This will restore your screen back to normal.

The only thing you'd need to do is create two new vmt's and vtf's with a nice picture on it with a message he's been swapped.

Quote:
I think good idea is to anounce player in chat with message like "you have been moved to opposite team" or something.
Really bad idea. For some reason every plugin developer does this, with a result that noone will ever look at chat again (not in any of my servers at least), since it's always polluted with these kind of messages. On top of that hlstats keeps polluting the chat on every kill as well... That's why I suggested the overlay.

Quote:
But the main reason why it not so usefull is that when this plugin moves player to opposite team it shows menu with skin selection. So player can not start to attack teammates because when he select skin he understand that he is changed the team.

If you use deathmatch:sm as a dm plugin then he even does not respawn before he selects skin.
I didn't even notice that that late, haha. Makes me ask another question, is it possible to put in a cvar to let people bypass this, and give them a random skin?

Hope I'm not starting to get on your nerves yet!
altex
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2010 , 08:47   Re: Teambalance
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
My bad, I knew that the DM plugin respawned players, I just thought you'd be able to put the player on "hold" for a few seconds before swapping him.

It's a good idea for dm plugin, not balance plugin i think. So i've added this request in todo list for dm plugin

Best thing I can do is give you a piece of code:
Code:
ClientCommand(client, "r_screenoverlay effects/tp_eyefx/tpeye.vmt");
This will give you an effect overlay like your on drugs or something. The vmt itself is located in the default source GFC's, so you can just put that in a small test plugin and see what I mean.

Code:
ClientCommand(client, "r_screenoverlay 0");
This will restore your screen back to normal.

Thanks! I did not see anything like this in other plugins. So i'll check it out.

The only thing you'd need to do is create two new vmt's and vtf's with a nice picture on it with a message he's been swapped.

Really bad idea. For some reason every plugin developer does this, with a result that noone will ever look at chat again (not in any of my servers at least), since it's always polluted with these kind of messages. On top of that hlstats keeps polluting the chat on every kill as well... That's why I suggested the overlay.

As far as i know most of plugins support cvar variables to disable spamming in chat with this kind of messages. But i agree, it is not so good idea.

I didn't even notice that that late, haha.

It's very strange, so please check it once again, maybe there is a bug.

Makes me ask another question, is it possible to put in a cvar to let people bypass this, and give them a random skin?

I was trying to, but with no success. The menu with skin selection still appeares.

Hope I'm not starting to get on your nerves yet!

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
Old 02-08-2010 , 09:00   Re: Teambalance
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
It's very strange, so please check it once again, maybe there is a bug.
Nah I meant I didn't notice it because I was tired, it is actually there ;)
altex
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2010 , 09:09   Re: Teambalance
Reply With Quote #15

haha
Old 02-17-2010 , 15:36   Re: Teambalance
Reply With Quote #16

Trying to use this with a GG DM Server but it just keeps switching people non-stop even when teams are fine. Helps?
altex
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2010 , 03:52   Re: Teambalance
Reply With Quote #17

What do you mean "when teams are fine"?
Old 02-18-2010 , 09:21   Re: Teambalance
Reply With Quote #18

if teams are 7 CT and 6 T it wants to keep switching people back and forth, almost like a loop.
altex
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2010 , 09:25   Re: Teambalance
Reply With Quote #19

I do not think it is possible. So can you give me your server's address or record a demo?
Old 02-18-2010 , 10:09   Re: Teambalance
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwoody View Post
Trying to use this with a GG DM Server but it just keeps switching people non-stop even when teams are fine. Helps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwoody View Post
if teams are 7 CT and 6 T it wants to keep switching people back and forth, almost like a loop.
Whats your mp_limitteams set to?

If its only 1, that would explain the switches.