Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Aqua Dark
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2012 , 00:28   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Powerlord when you decide to clean up the code think you could also do one that's barebones for deathrun server's? As in no damage text and menus, etc.
Old 07-20-2012 , 00:38   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Btw, are you guys still using sm1.4.4 snapshots or have updated to the official sm1.4.4?
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2012 , 01:18   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

im using the stable "released" 1.4.4
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2012 , 10:17   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I know some people would really like to see the voting for different characters sets next map working..if we are requesting fixes/updates
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2012 , 12:43   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Another issue is killing the current playing theme song if the boss kills themself. Let's say you have a looping theme song that is 120+ seconds long. Player A becomes boss and chooses to "kill" or "explode" , the song will play for the remainder of that time and continue to play into the next bosses' turn. This situation can have more than one theme song playing at the same time. Real chaotic if the map also has music and 2 bosses background music is all 3 playing at the same time

Still, bright side... Freak Fortress 2 is my most popular tf2 server. Greater than prop hunt, saxton hale, pub server, or trade servers...
So I am continually grateful for the team support and development of this gametype

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 07-20-2012 at 12:46.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2012 , 13:07   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otokiru View Post
@Powerlord: If you have a next fix, kindly update the Action:checkFirstHale. Not a major issue, only replaced the spy to scout because somehow the bots will auto-disguise. And removed their weapons incase if any player came out with a new exploit/glitch in the future. Thx.
OK, sure.

Quote:
And since you're gonna do some cleanup, you might want to make these changes as well, (kindda a request).
-event_player_spawn: Added the else CreateTimer(0.1, checkItems, client);
-Split Action:MakeNotBoss into 2 parts. Action:MakeNotBoss and Action:checkItems.

Purpose:
If anyone calls a respawn player in their ability plugin in the middle of the game, it will also check for the players items because currently FF2 ignores the checking of weapons if any player were to respawned in the middle of the game.
I may hold off on that... I eventually plan to change how item replacements work. Specifically, item replacements will be exclusively done in the TF2Items_OnGiveNamedItem forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Dark View Post
Powerlord when you decide to clean up the code think you could also do one that's barebones for deathrun server's? As in no damage text and menus, etc.
To be honest, it's not high on my priority list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
I know some people would really like to see the voting for different characters sets next map working..if we are requesting fixes/updates
I think I know what's wrong with this one; while glancing through the code a few days back, I thought I saw this value being reset in OnMapStart. Which shouldn't be happening, since that stops plugins and the previous vote from overriding it.

Edit: Speaking of which, if anyone is relying on the character set number from the FF2_OnLoadCharacterSet forward, it's very likely to cause your subplugin to do Very Bad Things as of next update. I'll double-check the DeadRun plugin myself to make sure it doesn't use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
Another issue is killing the current playing theme song if the boss kills themself. Let's say you have a looping theme song that is 120+ seconds long. Player A becomes boss and chooses to "kill" or "explode" , the song will play for the remainder of that time and continue to play into the next bosses' turn. This situation can have more than one theme song playing at the same time. Real chaotic if the map also has music and 2 bosses background music is all 3 playing at the same time

Still, bright side... Freak Fortress 2 is my most popular tf2 server. Greater than prop hunt, saxton hale, pub server, or trade servers...
So I am continually grateful for the team support and development of this gametype
Weird, I thought the boss music would end on round end regardless... I'll look into this.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-20-2012 at 14:35.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2012 , 15:23   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Speaking of new FF2 things, here's a new version of ff2_boss_selection that I hope to ship (disabled) with the next version of FF2.

Installation:
Put the .smx in your plugins folder.
Put the .txt in your translations folder (it's the same as the previous version).

Changes:
The old ff2_boss_foradmins cvar is gone now. Instead, it has a ff2_boss command override. A command override gives you much more flexibility... before, you either had this command available to everyone or to anyone who had the generic admin flag. Now, you can assign it to flag "a" (reserve slot holders) or any other flag you want without having to recompile the plugin.

It's also a bit smarter about displaying the boss selection menu to people... it also shows the boss selection menu sooner into the current round instead of waiting 20 seconds.

Oh, and did I mention it fixes the invalid client warning posted a few pages back?

As with everything I've posted recently, it needs testing.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ff2_boss_selection.sp - 198 views - 3.7 KB)
File Type: smx ff2_boss_selection.smx (4.9 KB, 227 views)
File Type: txt ff2_boss_selection.txt (175 Bytes, 209 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-13-2012 at 09:35. Reason: You need the translation file too, added to post.
KniL
Old 07-20-2012 , 22:29   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
i've got report of players crashing on map change. Even saxton, but most of them dont report it since its a client crash. Does not happen to all players though. Its after that mini valve update those issues.
this also happen in my server, and I can confirm that the today update doesn't fix this problem :/
Half of players continuous crashing when map changes

Last edited by KniL; 07-20-2012 at 22:33.
Otokiru
Old 07-21-2012 , 00:41   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KniL View Post
this also happen in my server, and I can confirm that the today update doesn't fix this problem :/
Half of players continuous crashing when map changes
Same goes to my server after Pyro update... clients randomly crashing after mapchange, but I doubt its FF2 issue, i think it's got something to do with either, Custom HUD or HTML MOTD (like pinion ads)...
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-21-2012 , 00:56   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Same goes to my server after Pyro update... clients randomly crashing after mapchange, but I doubt its FF2 issue, i think it's got something to do with either, Custom HUD or HTML MOTD (like pinion ads)...
Actually, I crashed on out my standard server (which has a blank MOTD) with no custom HUD. In fact, everyone crashed out when the map changed from pl_cashworks_final1 to pl_upward.

It may have something to do with custom maps... or the number of entities and things loaded?