0% 

[L4D] Item Buy System

Post New Thread Reply   

(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-23-2009 , 19:33   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlemur View Post
I have points_reset set to 1, and the points still seem to carry over each map.
Hmm... I'll have to see why that occurs.

Edit:

Are you setting it from the CFG?

Last edited by (-DR-)GrammerNatzi; 07-23-2009 at 19:35.
spiderlemur
Old 07-23-2009 , 19:45   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #162

Yes. I also just joined a game with 129 points, and I never earned that much in an earlier game.
Send a message via AIM to spiderlemur
bioderm
Old 07-23-2009 , 19:53   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlemur View Post
I have points_reset set to 1, and the points still seem to carry over each map.

Me neither.
delirium_trigger
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-23-2009 , 21:20   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #164

Reset works fine for me.

It would also be nice if you could do 3 things to make it better:

1) Announce to the client when the Admin has given that person points or any item as a gift

2) More upgrades such as the ones in the Survivor Upgrades Plugin (Incendiary ammo, Hollow Point Ammo, Self Revive, Knife)

3) Remove the spamming message that confirms you earn points for killing regular infected.

I really enjoy this plugin. Oh there is 1 more problem I forgot to mention. In Local Hosting, the plugin works fine. However, when I host a Dedicated Server. Nobody is able to buy anything. It just does nothing when somebody chooses the item.
webtax
Old 07-23-2009 , 21:53   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #165

it is posible to make a configuration variable to choose wheter i want points available for only infected, only survivors, or both?

i want to leave points system on only for infected, and not for survivors.

also i add to the request that can disable the message display when you get points, i wish to disable it alltogheter eand only leave the !usepoints advertisement every once a few minutes

Last edited by webtax; 07-23-2009 at 22:12.
lordburny
Old 07-24-2009 , 11:18   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #166

I'd like to have an option to reset points after a campaign was played, please ^^. If points_reset set to 1, doesn't matter if server.cfg or L4Dpoints.cfg is used points carry on.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-24-2009 , 15:43   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium_trigger View Post
Reset works fine for me.

It would also be nice if you could do 3 things to make it better:

1) Announce to the client when the Admin has given that person points or any item as a gift

2) More upgrades such as the ones in the Survivor Upgrades Plugin (Incendiary ammo, Hollow Point Ammo, Self Revive, Knife)

3) Remove the spamming message that confirms you earn points for killing regular infected.

I really enjoy this plugin. Oh there is 1 more problem I forgot to mention. In Local Hosting, the plugin works fine. However, when I host a Dedicated Server. Nobody is able to buy anything. It just does nothing when somebody chooses the item.
  1. Sure. That'd require a lot of code, though, for something very minor.
  2. I was thinking about that, but I think being able to buy the upgrades would break the game. The random give-away right now works like a charm.
  3. I'll make a convar for that.
  4. I don't know anybody that has that problem. It probably isn't the plug-in's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webtax View Post
it is posible to make a configuration variable to choose wheter i want points available for only infected, only survivors, or both?

i want to leave points system on only for infected, and not for survivors.

also i add to the request that can disable the message display when you get points, i wish to disable it alltogheter eand only leave the !usepoints advertisement every once a few minutes
  1. I'll try and make something for that.
  2. Ok, I'll make something for that, too.

Last edited by (-DR-)GrammerNatzi; 07-24-2009 at 17:40.
delirium_trigger
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-24-2009 , 16:25   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-DR-)GrammerNatzi View Post
  1. Sure. That'd require a lot of code, though, for something very minor.
  2. I was thinking about that, but I think something like that would break the game.
  3. I'll make a convar for that.
  4. I don't know anybody that has that problem. It probably isn't the plug-in's fault.
It won't break the game. I used a Plugin that had all that Exploding Ammo, Incendiary Ammo, Knife, Self Revive, Self Climb, Boomer Vomit Sight, Boomer Raincoat (Immune once for a vomit), and more and it works like a charm. No problems what so ever. Inlcluding that into this plugin would make it the best upgrade plugin of all time.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-24-2009 , 17:40   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium_trigger View Post
It won't break the game. I used a Plugin that had all that Exploding Ammo, Incendiary Ammo, Knife, Self Revive, Self Climb, Boomer Vomit Sight, Boomer Raincoat (Immune once for a vomit), and more and it works like a charm. No problems what so ever. Inlcluding that into this plugin would make it the best upgrade plugin of all time.
No, what I meant was, that survivor upgrades having the upgrades being bought using points would break the game. I think the random give-away thing it has right now is perfect. I forgot to type that I think it would break the game if you could buy the upgrades.

Anyway, I added my own version of incendiary ammo that doesn't use his code to my plug-in. I'm thinking about adding more like that soon. I balanced it by not allowing specials to be ignited and making it so that you only have it for 30 seconds (time can be changed).

Last edited by (-DR-)GrammerNatzi; 07-24-2009 at 18:11.
spiderlemur
Old 07-24-2009 , 18:06   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #170

Any insight on why I can't reset the points every map? A few other people are having the same problem too I see.

Edit: Is there an easy way to dump the points after each campaign until you work on a fix?

Last edited by spiderlemur; 07-24-2009 at 18:09.
Send a message via AIM to spiderlemur