SM Damage

Post New Thread Reply   

IcEWoLF
Old 04-27-2009 , 18:21   Re: SM Damage
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT_88 View Post
You misunderstand something.
This plugin doesn't show the damage, this plugin modifies the damage...

Try these ones:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=63759
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=763425
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=565312
Hmmm, is this a must have plugin with the damage plugin you made?
If I don't modify the damage, is that considered CSS default damage?
SWAT_88
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-28-2009 , 14:08   Re: SM Damage
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcEWoLF View Post
Hmmm, is this a must have plugin with the damage plugin you made?
If I don't modify the damage, is that considered CSS default damage?
Simply said, if you want to modify the damage, use my plugin.
If you want to show the damage, use the other plugins.
If you want both, use both.
Old 05-03-2009 , 01:45   Re: SM Damage
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximReapage View Post
Here's an interesting one for you...in Left4Dead, the plugin works, but only against human-playable characters IE bots and special infected minus the witch. Is there any way you can make it so that the damage mod will also be good against both the witch and the common infected?
I've modified the plug-in to work for the common infected mobs and the witch, as well as modified some of the workings to avoid some Left 4 Dead specific oddities: For example, when fighting the tank with the plug-in activated, and you did more damage to it from a single attack than what the tank had total, this line would be evoked:

SetEntityHealth(client,0);

However it would cause it to just sort of drop dead with no death animation, and the screen would continue shaking for some time after it died, I commented the line out which has the effect of disabling the extra damage whenever your damage is above what the victim's health is which fixes the problem but carries with it that you can't use extraordinarily high multipliers, otherwise it will have no effect on "player" type characters. (The common infected and witch don't apply to this, they'll take the extra walloping just fine if you decide for some reason you want to have a multiplier of 1,000)

The other change I've made is that it detects friendly fire, upon which the function ends and the teammate will only take regular damage, I suppose this could be made into a cvar option but I didn't really look into it.

These changes are very Left 4 Dead specific, so I suppose you can consider this version of the plug-in specific for Left 4 Dead use.

I'm nowhere near being a coder, and admittedly it's a pretty hacked up job so if someone with more experience can check it and see if it can be made to work better or more efficiently, it'd be much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_damage_l4d.sp - 642 views - 8.0 KB)
File Type: smx sm_damage_l4d.smx (7.3 KB, 254 views)
SWAT_88
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-03-2009 , 09:10   Re: SM Damage
Reply With Quote #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
I've modified the plug-in to work for the common infected mobs and the witch, as well as modified some of the workings to avoid some Left 4 Dead specific oddities: For example, when fighting the tank with the plug-in activated, and you did more damage to it from a single attack than what the tank had total, this line would be evoked:

SetEntityHealth(client,0);

However it would cause it to just sort of drop dead with no death animation, and the screen would continue shaking for some time after it died, I commented the line out which has the effect of disabling the extra damage whenever your damage is above what the victim's health is which fixes the problem but carries with it that you can't use extraordinarily high multipliers, otherwise it will have no effect on "player" type characters. (The common infected and witch don't apply to this, they'll take the extra walloping just fine if you decide for some reason you want to have a multiplier of 1,000)

The other change I've made is that it detects friendly fire, upon which the function ends and the teammate will only take regular damage, I suppose this could be made into a cvar option but I didn't really look into it.

These changes are very Left 4 Dead specific, so I suppose you can consider this version of the plug-in specific for Left 4 Dead use.

I'm nowhere near being a coder, and admittedly it's a pretty hacked up job so if someone with more experience can check it and see if it can be made to work better or more efficiently, it'd be much appreciated.
I looked at the code, everything looks fine.

Thank you mate. +Karma
I will add your modification in my first post.
Old 05-04-2009 , 04:19   Re: SM Damage
Reply With Quote #95

D=

FF disabled?....but that was the most fun part!

I kid. A cvar would be nice, though....it's occassionally fun to /damage @me 100 and surprise my teammates with a one-hit-wonder every now and again just to keep 'em on their toes.
Send a message via AIM to MaximReapage
Vulkan
Old 05-04-2009 , 16:43   Re: SM Damage
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximReapage View Post
D=

FF disabled?....but that was the most fun part!

I kid. A cvar would be nice, though....it's occassionally fun to /damage @me 100 and surprise my teammates with a one-hit-wonder every now and again just to keep 'em on their toes.
Heh, that's something I'm guilty of doing from time to time to deliberate TKers before kick banning them, I'll look into it as well as into a couple of bugs I've ran into with the witch.

Edit: Ok, done. The cvar is sm_damage_ff which defaults to 0, set it to 1 and the extra damage will also apply to your teammates.

After looking the script over, I found a pretty glaring error in how I wrote the action: Damage to the NPC entities was being set to what their total health would be after getting shot, which ironically resulted in them taking less damage the higher your multiplier was, and outright killing them in one shot if your multiplier was set very low... Don't try to write scripts at 4 am in the morning I guess. Anyway, it should all be working well now. If you manage to find any weirdness, please go ahead and post it here.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_damage_l4d.sp - 498 views - 8.2 KB)
File Type: smx sm_damage_l4d.smx (7.3 KB, 204 views)

Last edited by Vulkan; 05-04-2009 at 18:17.
MaximReapage
Old 05-05-2009 , 00:36   Re: SM Damage
Reply With Quote #97

Danka sir. You win 1000 internets and karma.
MaximReapage
Old 05-05-2009 , 00:55   Re: SM Damage
Reply With Quote #98

Hmmm upon testing, there seems to be a minor problem. The damage now ONLY works against the witch, common zombies, and one or two teammates. In the new version, it stopped working again as far as damaging playable characters and special infected other than the witch.
Vulkan
Old 05-05-2009 , 02:13   Re: SM Damage
Reply With Quote #99

That's odd, I didn't make any changes to the action that handles playable character damage... The one thing that occurs to me is perhaps you might have changed maps and the settings were reset? You have to set everything again when the server changes maps.

I'll have a look tomorrow, there might have been an oversight somewhere.
SWAT_88
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-06-2009 , 16:07   Re: SM Damage
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
That's odd, I didn't make any changes to the action that handles playable character damage... The one thing that occurs to me is perhaps you might have changed maps and the settings were reset? You have to set everything again when the server changes maps.

I'll have a look tomorrow, there might have been an oversight somewhere.
OK, tell me the results, afterwards I'm going to add the working version.

Good Luck.