Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Logs chat messages from a Source game to a MySQL database.
    Old 04-29-2009 , 17:34   ChatLog v1.3.7 (Extended)
    Reply With Quote #1

SUMMARY
    This plugin is an extended version of ChatLog v1.2.

This version logs also some of the server messages. Currently the logged events are mapnames on beginning and ending of a map, player connections, disconnections and renames. This version also has the UTF-8 issue fixed in the chatlog.php.

CVARS
    sm_chatlogex_id
    - Read usage from original thread.
    sm_chatlogex_filtermode - Read usage from original thread.

EXTENDED CVARS
    sm_chatlogex_db - "default" [default] The database configuration to use for logging this server's chat to.
    sm_chatlogex_cleandays - 7 [default] causes ChatLogEx to clean the database input rows older than set value days. Set to 0 to leave all messages uncleaned.
    sm_chatlogex_srvmsgs - 1 [default] causes ChatLogEx to log server messages. Set to 0 to disable the extended functionality.
    sm_chatlogex_showbotkills - 0 [default] causes ChatLogEx to log messages when a bot got killed by a player. In L4D this value effects the logs of computer controlled special infected (Boomer, Smoker, etc). Does not override sm_chatlogex_srvmsgs.
    sm_chatlogex_showplayercon - 1 [default] causes ChatLogEx to log server messages when player connects or disconnects. Effects the visibility of showing how many players are connected to the server. Does not override sm_chatlogex_srvmsgs.
    sm_chatlogex_mpusemaxclients - 1 [default] max players are taken from MaxClients property. Overrides all other sm_chatlogex_mp* cvars when enabled. This value is displayed on 'players online' messages.
    sm_chatlogex_mpcoop - 4 [default] max players in co-op gamemode. This value is displayed on 'players online' messages.
    sm_chatlogex_mpversus - 8 [default] max players in versus gamemode. This value is displayed on 'players online' messages.
    sm_chatlogex_mpsurvival - 4 [default] max players in survival gamemode. This value is displayed on 'players online' messages.
    sm_chatlogex_mpdefault - 16 [default] max players in other gamemodes (other games than Left4Dead). This value is displayed on 'players online' messages.

EXTENDED COMMANDS
    sm_chatlogex_clean - Flags required: ADMFLAG_ROOT, Usage: sm_chatlogex_clean [days] - cleans chatlog messages older than days given in parameter (default value set by sm_chatlogex_cleandays).

INSTALLATION
    Read instructions for installation from original thread. In addition, this extended version creates a cfg-file in your cfg/sourcemod directory.

CREDITS
    Nephyrin for providing the original version.
    naris for helping me out improving the code.

PLUGIN VERSION HISTORY
    1.3 - Initial release of extended chatlog.
    1.3.1 - Log map names and fixed logging of connecting players.
    1.3.4 - Log "sm_say" and "sm_csay" and player count. Hopefully fixed some small bugs.
    1.3.5 - Error logging cleaned. New cvars: sm_chatlogex_showplayercon, sm_chatlogex_mpusemaxclients.
    1.3.6 - Hopefully fixed the database handle error. Implemented a cleaning mechanism for older messages. Thanks naris!
    1.3.7 - Log player death messages. New cvars: sm_chatlogex_db, sm_chatlogex_showbotkills.

WEB INTERFACE VERSION HISTORY
    1.3 - Initial release of extended chatlog web interface.
    1.3.1 - Fixed some server messages causing failure.
    1.3.2 - Fixed a bug appearing on some PHP configurations.
    1.3.4 - Admin say commands.
    1.3.5 - Fixed HTML characters to show correctly (players were able to send messages like "<script>alert('blah')</script>" and the browser would open a dialog showing "blah".) Thank you dekken for pointing this out!

TODO
    - Fix the database handle and invalid game event handle errors. MEDIUM PRIORITY
    - Extend by logging IP too. LOW PRIORITY
    Help me out here... what do you want there to be?
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sm_csay.PNG
Views:	7362
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	42133  
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip chatlogex_1.3.5.php.zip (61.4 KB, 3614 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (chatlogex.sp - 5640 views - 22.8 KB)

Last edited by muukis; 08-17-2009 at 06:33. Reason: New version
    Chris-_-
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 04-29-2009 , 18:05   Re: ChatLog v1.3 (Extended)
    Reply With Quote #2

Nice.
    muukis
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-02-2009 , 12:24   v1.3.1
    Reply With Quote #3

Small update (v1.3.1):
    Log map names on beginning and ending of a map and fixed the logging of connecting players.

Last edited by muukis; 05-02-2009 at 12:27.
    muukis
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-10-2009 , 10:25   Web interface v1.3.1
    Reply With Quote #4

Some messages from the server contain line breaks, which caused the web interface to fail. It should now be fixed.
    xikkub
    Old 05-12-2009 , 01:31   Re: ChatLog v1.3.1 (Extended)
    Reply With Quote #5

I'm getting spammed with "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mydomain' (10060)"

[EDIT]

Fixed the above, but now I'm getting "Host 'my ip etc etc' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL Server.

Last edited by xikkub; 05-12-2009 at 01:34.
    muukis
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-12-2009 , 06:42   Re: ChatLog v1.3.1 (Extended)
    Reply With Quote #6

For all I know, you must have your MySQL database login access set for a specific IP. For instance, almost all of my connections in my MySQL comes from localhost. Trying to connect the DB from another computer requires the access to be set to that particular IP. I'm sure there is a setting that allows a login to to be used from any IP...

Has your game servers IP changed or has your MySQL host settings changed?

You should contact your service provider and ask them for help. Your error message suggests that the problem is at the MySQL host.
    xikkub
    Old 05-12-2009 , 10:22   Re: ChatLog v1.3.1 (Extended)
    Reply With Quote #7

The server is running on my own machine. I guess I should contact myself and see what is going wrong.
    anon666
    Old 05-12-2009 , 10:24   Re: ChatLog v1.3.1 (Extended)
    Reply With Quote #8

Code:
    [chatlogex.smx] ChatLogEx: Cannot log message, handle hdatabase is not set!
    I replaced the 'database' in the source (1.3.2) to use a custom name, recompiled and I doubled checked through all my database settings (databases.cfg) and they are all fine.

Please advise

edit: nvm the error can be ignored. The chatters are indeed logged

Last edited by anon666; 05-12-2009 at 10:52.
    muukis
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-12-2009 , 10:57   Re: ChatLog v1.3.1 (Extended)
    Reply With Quote #9

Hmmm... Indeed! I have to check on that. I believe that the function opening the database connection is not a "blocking" call and when new map starts, some of the messages fired from OnMapStart event are piped to the DB before the connection is actually ready. The errors are not fatal, so your log is only left out some player connecting messages etc from the OnMapStart event... I think

I'll think of something... soon!

EDIT: It's not about not blocking calls. I'll post an update sometime soon...

Last edited by muukis; 05-12-2009 at 15:24.
    anon666
    Old 05-12-2009 , 11:06   Re: ChatLog v1.3.1 (Extended)
    Reply With Quote #10

Code:
    12/05/2009 23:00:12 Player Saerah connected
    12/05/2009 23:00:13 0/4 players online
    12/05/2009 23:01:40 Map ended (survival:l4d_sv_lighthouse)
    12/05/2009 23:01:47 Map started (survival:l4d_hospital03_sewers)
    12/05/2009 23:01:47 1/4 players online
    It just doesnt log the first player who is connecting right after the server initialization. It works fine for a mapchange(vote). I can live with that. Not a big deal for me