Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    A plugin that can change some cvars that are locked by default in TF2.
    Old 11-07-2007 , 19:28   TF2 Fun Cvar Settings
    Reply With Quote #1

This is a little plugin I made for my server and finally polished up a bit to upload to here. The goal of this plugin is to let you just have some fun while playing a non serious match of TF2. It allows you to change the value of a few locked cvars in TF2. With this plugin you can enable or disable friendly fire, alter the gravity, change the respawn timer, and enable or disable alltalk. (Alltalk isnt a locked cvar, but its useful to allow an admin to turn it on or off for fun games without giving them access to alter other cvars)

All of the commands are added to the admin menu under the Server Commands menu. (If your looking at the sourcecode and wondering why I call it fun_commands, thats because its under a custom menu on my server and I just changed the line that defines fun_commands) You can enable or disable friendly fire and alltalk, as well as select from 5 values for gravity or respawn times.

The commands added with this plugin are below. They all have an access flag of custom 1:
    sm_svgrav <gravity>
    Sets the gravity in the game to <gravity>. 800 is the default value, lower gravity allows you to jump much higher.
    sm_svff <1/0>
    Turns friendly fire on or off. Now you can shoot your team! Some things to note, you cant shoot engy buildings, pyro flames wont hurt team mates, and spys still wont show blood when you shoot them while disguised (but your team mates will)
    sm_svalltalk <1/0>
    Turns alltalk on or off. Can be fun to turn it on when your having a fun match.
    sm_mprst <time>
    Alters the respawn times. Setting this to 0 will give an instant respawn. A value lower than 10 will respawn faster than normal, a value above 10 will respawn slower than normal. The map your playing will also effect how fast you spawn if this is set to anything other than 0. So dont set this to 6 thinking that everybody will allways spawn after 6 seconds, they wont. This seems to also reset to the default value of 10 after a map change.

Hope somebody finds this useful. Let me know if there are any other commands you would like added. Also, please let me know if you find any problems with it.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf2funcvars.sp - 9231 views - 8.7 KB)
    File Type: smx tf2funcvars.smx (5.3 KB, 3158 views)
    imported_Anth0ny
    Old 11-08-2007 , 01:06   Re: TF2 Fun Cvar Settings
    Reply With Quote #2

i think FF will break ballance and game process of TF.
    Send a message via ICQ to imported_Anth0ny
    ferret
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 11-08-2007 , 09:10   Re: TF2 Fun Cvar Settings
    Reply With Quote #3

Nicely done, especially the menu integration.
    Old 11-08-2007 , 12:41   Re: TF2 Fun Cvar Settings
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by imported_Anth0ny View Post
    i think FF will break ballance and game process of TF.
    Yes, all those settings can break the game balance. However a friendly fire on, low grav, instant respawn match of cp_rooftime_alpha with everybody chatting over alltalk is quite fun when you only have 2-8 players on a server.

And oooh, thank you for the approval ferret
    bl4nk
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 11-08-2007 , 12:58   Re: TF2 Fun Cvar Settings
    Reply With Quote #5

One of the servers I have running is (and has been for a while) 24/7 Lazytown with Instant Respawn, increased critical rate, birthday mode, medic overheal to 10x life, and alltalk. There's probably more, but I can't think of it right now. It's full 24/7.
    jferello
    Old 11-08-2007 , 14:37   Re: TF2 Fun Cvar Settings
    Reply With Quote #6

bl4nk, can you share your mod and or mods?
    aRc
    Old 11-08-2007 , 17:41   Re: TF2 Fun Cvar Settings
    Reply With Quote #7

Plugin copied into the plugins folder. sm plugins says it's loaded. It doesn't show up under Server Commands in sm_admin, however. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I needed z/root level admin.

Last edited by aRc; 11-08-2007 at 18:00.
    bl4nk
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 11-08-2007 , 18:12   Re: TF2 Fun Cvar Settings
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jferello View Post
    bl4nk, can you share your mod and or mods?
    I can't share the files, but I'm pretty sure you can do it via SourceMod. Just use sm_cvar and the following commands:

Code:
    Cvar                            Default         Description

tf_birthday                     0               birthday mode
    tf_boost_drain_time             15              time for medic overheal to drain
    tf_caplinear                    1               teams must capture points linearly
    tf_max_health_boost             1.5             modifier of how much health can be overhealed [1.5 = 150%, 50% overheal]
    tf_stalematechangeclasstime     20              time players can change class in stalemate
    mp_capdeteriorate_time          90              time a full capture point takes to deteriorate
    mp_decals                       200             amount of decals
    mp_friendlyfire                 0               friendlyfire
    mp_idledealmethod               1               how to deal with idlers - 1=spec then kick, 2=kick
    mp_idlemaxtime                  3               Time in minutes allowed to be idle
    mp_respawnwavetime              10              time between respawn waves
    mp_stalemate_timelimit          240             time during a stalemate round
    mp_waitingforplayers_time       30              time during waiting for players round
    SaintK
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-12-2007 , 06:02   Re: TF2 Fun Cvar Settings
    Reply With Quote #9

Hi,

Great plugin! Any chance you can add suddendeath timer controle to it aswell?

cheers,
    Wild1234
    Old 11-13-2007 , 21:18   Re: TF2 Fun Cvar Settings
    Reply With Quote #10

shouldnt need any plugin to change the sudden death time. Just use the "mp_stalemate_timelimit" command.

If you want something to allow people without cvar access to be able to edit that specific cvar, just let me know what sourcemod access level you would like it set at and I can put something together real quick for ya.