Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Furious-PY
Old 04-15-2007 , 06:15   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

yes i saw the error... i will try restarting... tks

Last edited by Furious-PY; 04-15-2007 at 16:51.
Mikolas
Old 04-18-2007 , 13:06   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Hi, Thanks for the plugin, it works fine between my two servers. However, I have a question concerning whether or not the mod announcements can be displayed in the chat rather then in the huds. I find it to be much more visible then the light blue messages on the top or middle when alive/dead. Particularly when I'm playing, I and many other agree, we never notice any of the MOTDs or HUD messages. So is there a way this particular mod can use the chat to announce the /server mod, or do you know of any other mods that has this particular ability. Thanks again.
lyrick
Old 04-18-2007 , 15:43   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

srry i have this problem... ok announce_auto works in the first map but when the server changed the map doesn't appear again if any1 now why this happend plz TELL ME
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2007 , 16:12   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikolas View Post
Hi, Thanks for the plugin, it works fine between my two servers. However, I have a question concerning whether or not the mod announcements can be displayed in the chat rather then in the huds. I find it to be much more visible then the light blue messages on the top or middle when alive/dead. Particularly when I'm playing, I and many other agree, we never notice any of the MOTDs or HUD messages. So is there a way this particular mod can use the chat to announce the /server mod, or do you know of any other mods that has this particular ability. Thanks again.
the chat has a limited number of lines that are displayed. if you add too many lines (think of people with 8 servers) the first ones can't be seen. nevertheless the chat area has the same problem the hud has: people tend to not pay attention to it very often throughout the game. some people look more at the chat area, some more at the hud messages. if someone is particularly interested in seeing the server information right now he can still use /server and if an admin wants to display the annoucements right now there is redirect_announce_now.
in the end using the chat area is much the same with the disadvantage that you can display fewer lines per announcement and they might be gone fast when people chat or other plugins write there too.
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2007 , 16:47   RC2

neither did i find problems myself in RC1 nor did anyone report more problems until now. if this does not change until weekend i will probably release RC2 on saturday evening (my timezone is UTC+1), currently having the following changelog:
  • added XMLDoc documentation to source code
  • removed client_putinserver() handler and integrated into client_authorized()
  • fixed a bug where always on first startup with ./hlds_run the plugin could not detect the own server
Old 04-18-2007 , 18:07   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I see sir. I understand that it is controversial as to whether or not people would prefer it on the MOTD or the chat. However, could you show me how to put it on the lines, where must I go and what must I do to have it displayed on chat? I'm new at this as you can probably tell, any help is appreciated. Thank you.
AK FTW
Old 04-18-2007 , 18:20   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Hi x0R!

First I want to say, this plugin is great and the beta runs like a top!

Wanted to post re: similar situation to Mikolas. I don't know about his particular situation, but I would really like a one-liner message to appear in the chat every X seconds just to indicate to players about the availability of the /server plugin. It could read as follows:

<SERVER NAME> Welcome to Sublime Servers! If you are interested in transferring to one of our other quality servers, say /server in chat!

Many plugins do this, bank etc. This server is using X plugin. Not looking for the statistics in the chat at all, just some indication as to the existence of the plugin's availability.

If this was not a possibility, is there anyway to create a cvar to control the color of the HUD announcement?

Love the plugin, thanks again!

AK FTW
bas_kam
Old 04-19-2007 , 17:15   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

big tnx for local_address
nice plugin, good coder, well work
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2007 , 17:02   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Hey I have a question, our Warcraft Mod server has a password and I put it in the serverlist.ini, how come it still says that it's the wrong password?

Code:
[Warcraft Mod]
address=66.150.188.236
port=27015
password = ifuckedurmom
publicpassword = 1
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2007 , 05:12   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikolas View Post
I see sir. I understand that it is controversial as to whether or not people would prefer it on the MOTD or the chat. However, could you show me how to put it on the lines, where must I go and what must I do to have it displayed on chat? I'm new at this as you can probably tell, any help is appreciated. Thank you.
when you want to learn coding and try this on your own i will help you by answering your questions while doing it.
what i won't do is writing this code for you. i would open a new case i would have to support over time. imagine i would do this for hundreds others as well, i really don't have the time.
as an alternative you could ask here in the forum in "Suggestions / Requests" if someone could do it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK FTW View Post
Hi x0R!

First I want to say, this plugin is great and the beta runs like a top!

Wanted to post re: similar situation to Mikolas. I don't know about his particular situation, but I would really like a one-liner message to appear in the chat every X seconds just to indicate to players about the availability of the /server plugin. It could read as follows:

<SERVER NAME> Welcome to Sublime Servers! If you are interested in transferring to one of our other quality servers, say /server in chat!

Many plugins do this, bank etc. This server is using X plugin. Not looking for the statistics in the chat at all, just some indication as to the existence of the plugin's availability.

If this was not a possibility, is there anyway to create a cvar to control the color of the HUD announcement?

Love the plugin, thanks again!

AK FTW
other than the aforementioned request yours is making sense a little more. only the line informing about existance of the /server command should be no problem.
but isn't there a way to do this via AMXX? anyway, as this is a very small request i think i will add it to RC2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas_kam View Post
big tnx for local_address
nice plugin, good coder, well work
thanks, thanks, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
Hey I have a question, our Warcraft Mod server has a password and I put it in the serverlist.ini, how come it still says that it's the wrong password?

Code:
[Warcraft Mod]
address=66.150.188.236
port=27015
password = ifuckedurmom
publicpassword = 1
don't put spaces around the equal sign:
password=bla <-- will work
password = bla <-- won't work

the same for all other server options. your publicpassword is not detected as well.