Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

The One v1.2 w/vampire addon

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Gameplay        Approver:   devicenull (200)
kaddar
Old 07-22-2004 , 00:26   The One v1.2 w/vampire addon
Reply With Quote #1

The idea of "The One" Teamplay plugin is that every time a player dies, all other players on his team gain health based on how many players are still alive on that team. Thus, the first player to die gives less life to all other players than the second to last player. Essentially meaning the last player on a team is incredibly hard to kill because he has gained a lot of life.

Total life that would be gained by the last player if all other players on his team dies for the counter terrorists is equal to amxx_last_ct_health_added. For the terrorists, the number is generated automatically based on amxx_last_ct_health_added. (In other words, if there are more or less terrorists, health is still split fairly).

Vampire addon allows you to set amxx_health_stolen. Defaults to 0 so is by default turned off.

cvar listing:
amxx_default_health - health at the start of a round, defaults to 100
amxx_health_stolen - how much life you gain every kill (positive), defaults to 0
amxx_last_ct_health_added - overall life added to the ct team by their own team members deaths (terrorist team is based on this and number of cts vs number of terrorists, defaults to 100, 0 to turn off

changelog
v1.2
Fixed default health cvar bugs, added amxx_health_stolen

v1.01
Fixed an uneven teams bug, added cvar amxx_default_health, allows admins to set player's life upon entering a round, test it out, let me know if it works, as it's "beta"

This is my first mod
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (theone.sma - 3536 views - 5.6 KB)
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2004 , 00:29  
Reply With Quote #2

hmm interesting concept will try it out tomrow sorry a little late now .
Old 07-22-2004 , 01:07  
Reply With Quote #3

Will test asap

Works fine no problems.

But dont quite understand why when a team player dies is when the health is given....

But it works fine and is a good plugin nonetheless. ;)
Old 07-22-2004 , 01:43  
Reply With Quote #4

It works? Great!

It's supposed to be like the movie "The One", where every time the main character dies, his life energy is transferred to all other alternate demensions where his other forms exist, making those forms more powerful. So thus I extended this into CS by making dead player's life be given to living players.

Gameplay wise, it's supposed to make brutal beatings not so brutal, allowing the lasting players to get a bunch more kills in before they die, of course it always balances out by the fact that both teams gain this life, but this makes games where 5 players kill all players but one much more interesting, allowing for closer games. This'd especially be interesting on fy_iceworld because of games where often an entire team will be killed except for a single player.

If anyone wants to show me this plugin running on their server so I can see how it plays, feel free to aim me, kaddar0.

Maybe I should add a cvar to allow server owners to change default round health? That way, you could start at 50 life and move up, making it faster paced, and making teammate's deaths all the more helpful.
Arucard
Old 07-22-2004 , 02:02  
Reply With Quote #5

Shit when i was playin I was destroying the bots...

But always died with the last dude cuz he just wouldnt die rofl.

I swear one time did 345 damage to a dude and he still had mass health lmao

Fun plugin for practice of aiming.

Id still like to see a plugin that you kill someone, you get health. Die, and the next round u spawn with half health til you kill again.

But thats just a dream of mine

Nice plugin though gj.

And yeah that cvar would be cool.
Old 07-22-2004 , 02:33  
Reply With Quote #6

A vampire-esque plugin? I was thinking of making one like that actually, but I wasn't sure if one was made yet and had to go through the searches to check. Basically, I'd make it so everyone starts with 60 life, and every kill would net you 20 life, so 2 kills would bring you to normal life.

Ahh, the 345 life thing must be a bug, it's a small bug -- noneexistant if teams are even, but if you're playing 1 vs 16 it's a very obvious bug.

Updating it now.

Try version 1.01 and see if you can kill them, also, I added cvar for default health, amxx_default_health. I recommend trying 50.
Arucard
Old 07-22-2004 , 03:17  
Reply With Quote #7

Yeah like a vampire type plugin.

But onto this ill try it...

**edit** It works but it says amxx_default whatever is an unknown command.

Also sometimes when a headshots or someone dies it repeats a kill. Like with statsme says headshot twice. Doesnt register as 2 kills but shows 2 deaths at that very moment.
Old 07-22-2004 , 15:14  
Reply With Quote #8

I found that bug and added vampire mode as requested, should work fine.

I don't know what's causing the double message thing you described, if anyone else knows, let me know and I will fix it.

Try these game modes after play the default "The One" mode!

Vampire Mode
25 default life
25 life per kill
0 team life for deaths

Don't Die Mode
100 default life
15 life per kill
-75 team life for deaths

The Admin Is stupid mode
2 default life
-1 life per a kill

Sacrifice Mode
100 default life
-25 life per a kill
150 team life for deaths
Arucard
Old 07-22-2004 , 18:32  
Reply With Quote #9

Great thanx alot

Works great btw.

Haha this + wc3 = mad plugin issues so use one or the other hehe. (found that out by mistake )
Old 07-23-2004 , 01:09  
Reply With Quote #10

I am guessing wc3 may cause problems with the default health setter feature for, and the message saying what mode is active in this mod could probably be removed if wc3 mod doesn't like it, but I haven't tested it with wc3, so what other things go wrong when combined with it?