Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Daylight Changer

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   General Purpose        Approver:   BAILOPAN (72)
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-20-2004 , 08:34   Daylight Changer
Reply With Quote #1

This is a updated version of Daylight changer by Downtown1. I converted it to AMXX 0.15 and up and also added a new cvar. The new cvar controlls if the daylight changing happens or not.

Documentation:

Daylight Changer is a plugin that sits on your server. Every hour it darkens or lightens the map by time of day. At around noon it should be light, at around 11 it should be almost pitch black.

Cvars:
* sv_daylight - <1 = on| 0 = off> Controlls if daylight changer takes effect. MAY require to be saved in the server.cfg file and the map changed.

Future ideas:
Add printing of change[?]("Changing the lighting by hour")
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (day_changer.sma - 4382 views - 1.3 KB)
would seriously disturb the relations of some
of the former inhabitants." - Charles Darwin
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2004 , 11:27  
Reply With Quote #2

I am glad to see some of the fun toys coming back here with updates... Seeing the amx_f*ck stuff when things started really had me wondering where Mod X was going. This will be one in my toolbin when I convert for sure. I already have a running list

Vic/DT
Old 03-20-2004 , 11:31  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTap
I am glad to see some of the fun toys coming back here with updates... Seeing the amx_f*ck stuff when things started really had me wondering where Mod X was going. This will be one in my toolbin when I convert for sure. I already have a running list

Vic/DT
Good to hear.

I used Daylight Changer but got annoyed that I couldnt just change it on or off without pausing it so I added a cvar to this already great plugin.
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
MagicShot
Old 03-20-2004 , 23:19   Yay!!
Reply With Quote #4

Yay,
Someone finally realse a verion with a cvar lol
not hard to do but still its the point!!

Thanx!! Red
Send a message via MSN to MagicShot Send a message via Yahoo to MagicShot
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2004 , 23:26  
Reply With Quote #5

is szLights the same as SetlLights? whats the diffrence setLights is gone O_o.
Old 03-21-2004 , 00:05  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
I used Daylight Changer but got annoyed that I couldnt just change it on or off without pausing it so I added a cvar to this already great plugin.
Downtown1 is a seriously talented guy... he is unfortunately also an unresponsive dipshit... you have seen here in other threads... HE WANTS WANTS WANTS... but has given back little. He doesn't support ANYTHING he writes... What he did concerning Spacedudes WC3 I wont ever forget... but with Dopefish (What I personsally use) and Pimp Daddy (Have indirectly supported via InsaneJustice.com) making GOOD supported version... I can forgive... Throwing a plugin out there but not supporting it for others doesn't help the community... just MAKING IT, dont really mean alot... it has to have options and flexibility.

Vic/DT
Old 03-21-2004 , 00:24  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyAccess
is szLights the same as SetlLights? whats the diffrence setLights is gone O_o.
szLights holds the light amount. set_lights is the new version of the SetLights function. Hope that clears it up

Quote:
Quote:
Downtown1 is a seriously talented guy... he is unfortunately also an unresponsive dipshit... you have seen here in other threads... HE WANTS WANTS WANTS... but has given back little. He doesn't support ANYTHING he writes... What he did concerning Spacedudes WC3 I wont ever forgive... but with Dopefish (What I personsally use) and Pimp Daddy (Have indirectly supported via InsaneJustice.com) making GOOD supported version... I can forgive... Throwing a plugin out there but not supporting it for others doesn't help the community... just MAKING IT, dont really mean alot... it has to have options and flexibility.

Vic/DT
Making, supporting, fixing, upgrading, and just overall keeping active with your plugins makes the plugin better. Making a plugin and then droping it to never support or change things is just the same as making a plugin that crashes the server everytime its on there.
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2004 , 13:51  
Reply With Quote #8

Hey Red... how about some documentation here... it says it's running on my server but there is not a thing telling anyone anything about using this plugin...

Vic/DT

It may work... but I'd have to know what the settings are first
Old 03-26-2004 , 13:56  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Hey Red... how about some documentation here... it says it's running on my server but there is not a thing telling anyone anything about using this plugin...

Vic/DT

It may work... but I'd have to know what the settings are first
Will do, I'll add info to the top. Sorry about that. Also, should I add a print_chat for when it changes? Like "Changing the lighting by hour..." and it changes the lighting?

This plugin works when tested on 0.15 of AMXX, may not or may have been broken with 0.16
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2004 , 14:08   Re: Daylight Changer
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by "[RED-Designs

Cvars:
* sv_dc - <on|off> Controlls if daylight changer takes effect. MAY require to be saved in the server.cfg file and the map changed.
This wont be good... if it cannot be turned on and off on the fly it will severely restrict my usage of it...

] sv_dc on
Unknown command: sv_dc

Vic/DT

Added to server.cfg as well and nothing shows it as on or off... ideas ?