Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Old Weapon Drop System (2.1 - 22/08/2022)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Mayor Gamer
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Brings back pre Gun Mettle dropped weapon mechanism!
    Old 01-08-2017 , 14:49   [TF2] Old Weapon Drop System (2.1 - 22/08/2022)
    Reply With Quote #1

[TF2] Old Weapon Drops
    Pre-Gun Mettle!

Description:
    • This plugin brings back the old dropped weapon mechanism before Gun Mettle. For people that don't remember, you could get ammo from dropped weapons until Gun Mettle came out. This plugin brings that feature back into the game, replacing the new system.
    ConVars:
    Quote:
    Spoiler
    Changelog:

Quote:
    Version 2.1:
    - Fixed dropped weapons (ammo packs) not giving metal to Engineers.

Version 2.0:
    - Dropped weapons retain skins, botkillers, and other modifiers.
    - Fixed the issue with building gibs never spawning when the plugin is active.
    - A .cfg file will be generated into cfg/sourcemod with the exact name as the plugin to configurate ConVars.

Version 1.0:
    - Initial Release.
    Special Thanks:
    Pelipoika: Teaching me how to get model names from indexes, metal for CTFAmmoPack and much more stuff. You're a great man :)
    Shadowysn: Updating the plugin to fix bugs and expand functionality.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (oldweaponsystem.sp - 115 views - 7.4 KB)
    File Type: smx oldweaponsystem.smx (7.0 KB, 153 views)
    File Type: cfg oldweaponsystem.cfg (606 Bytes, 122 views)

Last edited by Mayor Gamer; 08-22-2022 at 20:42. Reason: Update to 2.1, reflect 2.0
    404UserNotFound
    BANNED
    Old 01-09-2017 , 14:03   Re: [TF2] Old Weapon Drop System (1.0 - 01/08/17)
    Reply With Quote #2

I did a little test and added #pragma newdecls required to see if any errors popped up when I compiled it. I found a bunch of errors in my own syntax-updated copy of MoreColors As a result of that, I downloaded Bara's MultiColors include, made the appropriate "CPrintToChatAll" > "MC_PrintToChatAll" changes in 4 spots in the plugin, and gave it a compile. Plugin compiled cleanly.

Very nice work. Something I definitely plan on using in the near future once I unfuck my VPS (long story involving wine and xvfb somehow deleting my sudo user account causing bad ownership issues to lock me out of the VPS). I miss the old weapon drop system, but I know some people prefer the new system. I could see myself modifying this to make this a feature for all players, where they can choose what their weapon does when they die (if it just gives ammo or if it can be picked up)

I really should start rating plugin threads too...

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 01-09-2017 at 14:07.
    Mayor Gamer
    Old 01-12-2017 , 21:14   Re: [TF2] Old Weapon Drop System (1.0 - 01/08/17)
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
    I did a little test and added #pragma newdecls required to see if any errors popped up when I compiled it. I found a bunch of errors in my own syntax-updated copy of MoreColors As a result of that, I downloaded Bara's MultiColors include, made the appropriate "CPrintToChatAll" > "MC_PrintToChatAll" changes in 4 spots in the plugin, and gave it a compile. Plugin compiled cleanly.

Very nice work. Something I definitely plan on using in the near future once I unfuck my VPS (long story involving wine and xvfb somehow deleting my sudo user account causing bad ownership issues to lock me out of the VPS). I miss the old weapon drop system, but I know some people prefer the new system. I could see myself modifying this to make this a feature for all players, where they can choose what their weapon does when they die (if it just gives ammo or if it can be picked up)

I really should start rating plugin threads too...
    Wow! Thanks a lot! Really appreciate the feedback. ;)
    404UserNotFound
    BANNED
    Old 01-12-2017 , 23:02   Re: [TF2] Old Weapon Drop System (1.0 - 01/08/17)
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mayor Gamer View Post
    Wow! Thanks a lot! Really appreciate the feedback. ;)
    Not a problem
    Mitchell
    ~lick~
    Old 01-12-2017 , 23:21   Re: [TF2] Old Weapon Drop System (1.0 - 01/08/17)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
    You should put
    #pragma newdecls required
    after the includes, that way it will only look for the newdecls in the actual code, instead of the person's compiling includes.
    just a thought
    404UserNotFound
    BANNED
    Old 01-12-2017 , 23:52   Re: [TF2] Old Weapon Drop System (1.0 - 01/08/17)
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    You should put
    #pragma newdecls required
    after the includes, that way it will only look for the newdecls in the actual code, instead of the person's compiling includes.
    just a thought
    Yeah I happened to do that accidentally, but I've been meaning to go through all the custom includes I've downloaded from here over the years and updating them all to the superior new syntax.

Thanks for having faith in my intelligence

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 01-12-2017 at 23:52.
    Shadowysn
    Old 09-09-2021 , 11:56   Old Weapon Drop System (1.2)
    Reply With Quote #7

Edited version that retains skins, botkillers, etc, via parenting the deactivated original tf_dropped_weapon weapon to the now-invisible tf_ammo_pack weapon.
    Fixed the issue with building gibs never spawning when the plugin is active.

Also removed the <morecolors> dependency that's only there to make the advertising fancier, and replaced the colors with the 4 available colors the default PrintToChat functions can do.

The chat function that advertises to the server in a timer couldn't be disabled by cvar in the old version.
    You don't even get a .cfg file to change the cvars. :V

So now I've converted owds_adverts to a bitflag cvar to control all the adverts:
    owds_adverts [0/3] = Advertise the plugin. 1 = (Advert on map start.) 2 = (Advert when enabling/disabling the plugin) Numbers are combinable.
    Advertisements are disabled by default.

A .cfg file will be generated into cfg/sourcemod with the exact name as the plugin.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (oldweaponsystem.sp - 228 views - 7.0 KB)
    File Type: cfg oldweaponsystem.cfg (606 Bytes, 159 views)

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
    Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
    no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
    -search list-
    Modified Plugins:
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 08-23-2022 at 08:49.
    Mayor Gamer
    Old 08-22-2022 , 20:43   Re: [TF2] Old Weapon Drop System (2.1 - 22/08/2022)
    Reply With Quote #8

Edited post to reflect the 2.0 update, and also performed 2.1.
    Thanks for the fixes Shadowysn!