Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Adrenaline Boost

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   v3x (159)
watch
Old 03-02-2006 , 13:50   Adrenaline Boost
Reply With Quote #1

Adrenaline Boost
When a player is low on health he gains an adrenaline boost which makes him move faster.

Theres also a few effects to make it look pwetty such as glow, fvox sound and a green fade on the players screen. Ive added a screenshot just incase you are having trouble picturing it

I don't play a lot of cstrike, was just a idea that popped into my head, it could possibly discourage people from camping on low health though ?

Cvars
amx_adrenaline - 1/0 - enable/disable adrenaline boosts
amx_adrenaline_health 1-100 - the health threshold at which adrenaline is applied (default: 5)

Required Modules
Fun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adrenaline.jpg (58.3 KB, 37262 views)
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (adrenaline.sma - 8358 views - 2.7 KB)
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-02-2006 , 15:57  
Reply With Quote #2

Sound's like a great idea, shame I dont have a CS server or play CS anymore. I'll forward it to my CS buddy though =)
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2006 , 16:47  
Reply With Quote #3

Code:
for (new i = 1; i <= get_maxplayers(); i++)
Replace get_maxplayers() with a global variable like so:
Code:
new g_MaxPlayers; public plugin_init() {   g_MaxPlayers = get_maxplayers(); }
And then put that into the loop instead.

For more info go to: http://wiki.amxmodx.org/index.php/Optimizing_Plugins

Also, you might want to check if the user is connected:
Code:
if(!is_user_connected(i)) continue;
That will skip the current iteration in the loop. Alternatively you can use get_players, as it's more efficient.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Styles
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2006 , 16:50  
Reply With Quote #4

w00t this sounds great! wow i love the idea! +Karma for you!
Send a message via AIM to Styles
watch
Old 03-02-2006 , 17:30  
Reply With Quote #5

thanks, an idea i had was to have a hudmsg that displayed the adrenaline level then slowly decreases along with their glow, speed and fade but i didnt want to overcomplicate it :S

Would something like this would be best then v3x :O?

Code:
new players[32], num, player get_players(players, num) for (new i=0; i<num; i++) {     player = players[i]     if(!is_user_connected(player))         continue     if(g_adrenaline[player])     {         set_user_maxspeed(player, 0.0)         set_user_rendering(player, kRenderFxGlowShell, 0, 0, 0, kRenderNormal, 0)         g_adrenaline[player] = false     } }
Xanimos
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2006 , 17:37  
Reply With Quote #6

Much better.
Send a message via AIM to Xanimos Send a message via MSN to Xanimos
Kraugh
Old 03-02-2006 , 17:56  
Reply With Quote #7

very nice idea. i have a few suggestions.

although configurable, you should change the default adrenaline health limit to 10 or 15, as it is extremely rare for someone to ever be at 5 health or lower and not be dead.

if you want to make it real to life, you should gain a loss of accuracy (loss of fine motor skills) and incorporate some sort of damage buffer.

did you know that in a knife fight, you will most likely not realize that you have been stabbed until after the fight is over? this is because adrenaline stops most (if not all) of your pain receptors. this is the same for any injury (ie: knuckles broken by punching someone). only after the fight has subsided and adrenaline has had ample time to cool down does the pain become apparent. thus, i propose momentary pain neutralization:

users get shot to 10 hp, adrenaline kicks in.
users health is set to 100.
user gets shot for 7 hp.
10-15 seconds later, after the effect has worn off:
original health (10) minus damage taken (7) = new health
user now has 3 hp. if the user took more damage than his original health (10) he would be killed.

my explanation was overcomplicated, but oh well. also, to prevent every single person getting a refill of hp momentarily, add in a 5-10 second delay after your hp drops below the threshold before applying adrenaline.
DataMatrix
Old 03-02-2006 , 22:28  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraugh
very nice idea. i have a few suggestions.

although configurable, you should change the default adrenaline health limit to 10 or 15, as it is extremely rare for someone to ever be at 5 health or lower and not be dead.

if you want to make it real to life, you should gain a loss of accuracy (loss of fine motor skills) and incorporate some sort of damage buffer.

did you know that in a knife fight, you will most likely not realize that you have been stabbed until after the fight is over? this is because adrenaline stops most (if not all) of your pain receptors. this is the same for any injury (ie: knuckles broken by punching someone). only after the fight has subsided and adrenaline has had ample time to cool down does the pain become apparent. thus, i propose momentary pain neutralization:

users get shot to 10 hp, adrenaline kicks in.
users health is set to 100.
user gets shot for 7 hp.
10-15 seconds later, after the effect has worn off:
original health (10) minus damage taken (7) = new health
user now has 3 hp. if the user took more damage than his original health (10) he would be killed.

my explanation was overcomplicated, but oh well. also, to prevent every single person getting a refill of hp momentarily, add in a 5-10 second delay after your hp drops below the threshold before applying adrenaline.
Sorry to say but adrenaline doesn't wear off in 10-15 seconds, nor does it make you super human giving you full health. It causes the acute stress response (a.k.a. fight or flight response), which causes instinct to tell you whether you should fight or run.

I wonder though, why does the screen go green? I've had plenty of adrenaline rushes, and my vision never goes green :/.
Send a message via MSN to DataMatrix
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-02-2006 , 23:30  
Reply With Quote #9

really? My vision ALWAYS goes green when I get an adrenaline pump, then my wounds heal faster and I could take on 3 guys at once. I'm sure this has happened to you. Just think a little harder
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
Kraugh
Old 03-02-2006 , 23:37  
Reply With Quote #10

no, adrenaline does not wear off in 10-15 seconds. however, balance has to come into play somewhere.

no, it does not make you super human, though it does increase muscle strength (not permanently, of course).

no, it does not give you "full health," but this is the best way to represent nullification of pain.

as for your screen going green, it's just an effect to let you know that you have adrenaline on for gameplay sake. although, it could be paralleled to the tunnel vision that occurs.

it does much more than trigger your "fight or flight" response.