Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

lmModule 1.1 BETA (a location reporter/marker plugin.)

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:          Approver:   Johnny got his gun (102)
kulfaangaren!
Old 05-25-2004 , 21:48   lmModule 1.1 BETA (a location reporter/marker plugin.)
Reply With Quote #1

Description:
lmModule is a location reporter/marker plugin that lets a server admin mark polygon areas in maps and give them a text description. These polygon areas and descriptions can be saved to files and will be loaded every time that specific map is loaded on the server. The saved location mark files can be traded between server admins so that each admin does not have to "reinvent the wheel", I highly encourage this...it is a way for admins who are not coders to help the community by releasing location mark packs. THE PLUGIN IS MOD INDEPENDANT. It was written for Hostile Intent (http://www.planethalflife.com/hostileintent/) but as of version 1.1 it works with all mods that AMX Mod X supports even those (like NS and DoD) that has their own similar systems. This system requires NO changes to the mod or it's files.
The marking/editing of the polygon areas are all done ingame, no offline editing of configuration files are nescessary (even though it is possible due to the easy human readable file format.).
The users can later access the descriptions by adding the tag "%pos" in a say_team message:

say_team "Reporting In @ %pos"

...could for example be seen as...

(TEAM) Kulfaangaren![OwP]: Reporting In @ Hotel reception, right side

Revision history:

04/05/22 - 1.0 BETA: Initial public release.
04/05/28 - 1.1 BETA: Fixed sprite problem to make the plugin mod independant.

// Fredrik
Attached Files
File Type: zip lmmodule_1.1.zip (10.9 KB, 564 views)
Send a message via MSN to kulfaangaren!
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2004 , 21:54  
Reply With Quote #2

hmm sounds real intersting actually, kinda like a lazy guys comm system... I love it so all the clients have to do is type in Reporting In @ %pos in team say and it reports to rest of team mates their position, the name of that position predetermined by the server admin..
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2004 , 22:48  
Reply With Quote #3

pretty cool but O_o freaky
Old 05-25-2004 , 23:29  
Reply With Quote #4

Hostile Intent , ey. I wrote a "Admin Weapons" Plugin for that. They interviewed that mod on Half-Life Radio.
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2004 , 23:34  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girthesniper
Hostile Intent , ey. I wrote a "Admin Weapons" Plugin for that. They interviewed that mod on Half-Life Radio.
Offtopic
Old 05-25-2004 , 23:37  
Reply With Quote #6

what else is new, btw wanted to know is setting of the areas ingame or out i.e. by hand in cfg file?
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2004 , 02:38  
Reply With Quote #7

IF this is for hostile intent but it works for CS? because right now you have it listed as ALL under the Modifacation Tab.

EDIT

I see thier is no "Hostile Intent" selector , Bailopan should add one

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2004 , 03:31  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Hostile Intent (http://www.planethalflife.com/hostileintent) and any other mod that could benefit from this kind of functionality.
So... I think "all mods" is fine as long as it could work (and is supported :-)) on more mods.

Btw I had some loose thoughts about making something like this. But I probably intended to mark existing features in a map and do something "closest to"-checks to find out locations. Oh well.

Maybe you should add a cmd for clients so that they can bind it to a button, and when they see an enemy, they press the button and bang they tell everyone where the enemy is. That would be useful?
kulfaangaren!
Old 05-26-2004 , 06:39   Re: kingpin on lmModule...
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin
hmm sounds real intersting actually, kinda like a lazy guys comm system... I love it so all the clients have to do is type in Reporting In @ %pos in team say and it reports to rest of team mates their position, the name of that position predetermined by the server admin..
Thank you, I love it too

Acctually the "Reporting In @ %pos" was just an example, you could write "Foo %pos Bar" and it would report:

(TEAM) Kulfaangaren![OwP]: Foo Conference room 3 bomb objective Bar.

The important part is the "%pos" string which is substituted for the by the admin predetermined description.

Enjoy!

// Fredrik
kulfaangaren!
Old 05-26-2004 , 06:49   Re: kingpin on editing ingame or i cfg file...
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin
what else is new, btw wanted to know is setting of the areas ingame or out i.e. by hand in cfg file?
Everything is done ingame with a menu.

You switch the menu on with the command lmMenu and after that it stays active until you close it (offcourse this blocks the use of all number keys while it is active but that is a price I'm willing to pay, after all I only have to press 0 to close the menu.)

The fileformat is an easy human readable format so you can tweak the locations offline too. The format for the polygon areas looks like this:

Code:
POLY "<description>" {
 <number of vertices in the polygon>
 <xcoord #1> <xcoord #2> ... <xcoord #N>
 <ycoord #1> <ycoord #2> ... <ycoord #N>
 <zcoord #1> <zcoord #2> ... <zcoord #N>
 <z-axis min value>
 <z-axis max value>
}
Atm. the max number of vertices in a polygon is set to 20 (a #define at the top of the source file.) but that can easily be changed.

// Fredrik