Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    An updated version of BeMerasmus
    Old 05-25-2013 , 12:28   [TF2]Be Merasmus
    Reply With Quote #1

Description:

An updated version of https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=199578 which ive had mostly "done" since January, so I'm deciding to post it as it now has most of the things Merasmus can do written into the plugin.

Info:

An update version of the other Be Merasmus plugin. This plugin has:
    • Correct kill icons
    • Teleportation
    • Bomb Throwing
    • Bombinomicon Attack
    • Merasmus events
    • Can attack both teams as player is moved to spectator while Merasmus
    • Particles!
    • Healthbar
    Controls:

attack1 = melee attack
    attack2 = staff magic
    attack3(currently) = adds 50 "bombs" to you
    reload = bominomicon attack
    sm_merasmus_menu = menu for teleportation and firing the merasmus leave event

Cvars:

sm_bemerasmus_version ; Version Cvar.
    sm_merasmus_hp, 7500, Sets the health the player playing Merasmus will have
    sm_merasmus_bar, 0, Use HealthBar for Merasmus <0=off/1=on>?

Commands:

sm_bemerasmus <player> : turn <player> into merasmus
    sm_meras <player> : same as above
    sm_merasmus_menu : explained in controls section

Installation:

Place BeMerasmus.smx into the addons/sourcemod/plugins/ folder.

Requires:
    • tf2items
    • sdkhooks
    • sdktools

Teleport setup:

For the teleports, this plugin requires a config file that stores the teleport locations and names, this file needs to be named after the map you want to setup, if you dont do this teleporting wont work

The file goes here addons/sourcemod/configs/BeMerasmus/<mapname>.cfg .

I have attached an example file for ctf_2fort.

Credits:

-----------------------CREDITS TO:-----------------------
    [TF2] Temp. Be the Merasmus! --- Starman4xz
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=199578

[ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin --- wildturkey
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=194963

[TF2] Horsemann Healthbar - 1.3.2, Updated 2012-08-16 --- Powerlord
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=188543

[TF2] Have Some Piss! (Jarate!) --- DarthNinja
    http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=135519

For Some Particle Effects --- FoxMulder
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...66&postcount=2

Versions:
    2.0, Initial release;
    2.1, Hopefully fixed errors described in posts 2-7;
    Attached Files
    File Type: cfg ctf_2fort.cfg (331 Bytes, 2454 views)
    File Type: smx BeMerasmus.smx (22.6 KB, 4613 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (BeMerasmus.sp - 1889 views - 37.5 KB)

Last edited by Mitch; 05-31-2013 at 20:34.
    Oshizu
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-25-2013 , 14:33   Re: [TF2]Be Merasmus
    Reply With Quote #2

Found Three Issues:
    - Team Doesn't seem to change
    - When At Secound attempt to be merasmus after his death i've tried to use command it changed team and crashed server
    - When player dies and becomes normal player. He got still merasmus trail and invisible all except wearables for few secounds
    Old 05-25-2013 , 15:22   Re: [TF2]Be Merasmus
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oshizu View Post
    Found Three Issues:
    - Team Doesn't seem to change
    - When At Secound attempt to be merasmus after his death i've tried to use command it changed team and crashed server
    - When player dies and becomes normal player. He got still merasmus trail and invisible all except wearables for few secounds
    A few things just to help me check out these issues,
    - where were you looking for the team change, on the hud or the scoreboard, because the hud doesnt have a spectator version so sometimes its just a mix of the red and blue huds, but on the scoreboard it should show you as a spectator
    - I havent had this issue as of posting this reply, will have to see if others report it as well, but ill look for a reason as of why that might happen.
    - What are your respawn times set to, because the particle when you die is parented to the player for 7 seconds after the player_death event
    Oshizu
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-25-2013 , 17:59   Re: [TF2]Be Merasmus
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    A few things just to help me check out these issues,
    - where were you looking for the team change, on the hud or the scoreboard, because the hud doesnt have a spectator version so sometimes its just a mix of the red and blue huds, but on the scoreboard it should show you as a spectator
    - I havent had this issue as of posting this reply, will have to see if others report it as well, but ill look for a reason as of why that might happen.
    - What are your respawn times set to, because the particle when you die is parented to the player for 7 seconds after the player_death event
    - I had still same team on scoreboard could attack only people from enemy team and my name color was still my team one. I think some error happend in code and it caused lower actions example setentprop m_iteamnum to not happen
    - <NO REPLY>
    - I got instant respawn server.
    Old 05-26-2013 , 18:17   Re: [TF2]Be Merasmus
    Reply With Quote #5

The sm_meras command, I think that's already used in Spawn Merasmus.
    prom3th3an
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 05-31-2013 , 06:28   Re: [TF2]Be Merasmus
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    This just happened to me. Used the sm_bemerasmus command, worked fine and was killed, tried to use it a minute later, the server crashed straight after the model was changed and the sound file played.

Variables:
    No Teleport File for the Map
    HP Set to 15000
    HP Bar turned on.

==================================
    NOT RELATED

Quote:
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:201: [SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:201: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "BeMerasmus.smx":
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:201: [SM] [0] Line 299, BeMerasmus.sp::Command_Merasmus()

L 05/31/2013 - 20:21:42: [SM] Native "GetPlayerWeaponSlot" reported: Entity index 401 is not a valid client
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:21:42: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "BeMerasmus.smx":
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:21:42: [SM] [0] Line 1421, BeMerasmus.sp::OnMerasmusDamaged()
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:21:42: [SM] Native "GetPlayerWeaponSlot" reported: Entity index 401 is not a valid client
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:21:42: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "BeMerasmus.smx":
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:21:43: [SM] Native "GetPlayerWeaponSlot" reported: Entity index 401 is not a valid client
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:21:43: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "BeMerasmus.smx":
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:21:43: [SM] [0] Line 1421, BeMerasmus.sp::OnMerasmusDamaged()
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:21:43: [SM] Native "GetPlayerWeaponSlot" reported: Entity index 401 is not a valid client
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:21:43: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "BeMerasmus.smx":
    L 05/31/2013 - 20:21:43: [SM] [0] Line 1421, BeMerasmus.sp::OnMerasmusDamaged()
    The latter errors I believe were caused by self inflicted damage from the bominomicon attack.

Last edited by prom3th3an; 05-31-2013 at 06:36.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 05-31-2013 , 09:51   Re: [TF2]Be Merasmus
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by prom3th3an View Post
    This just happened to me. Used the sm_bemerasmus command, worked fine and was killed, tried to use it a minute later, the server crashed straight after the model was changed and the sound file played.

Variables:
    No Teleport File for the Map
    HP Set to 15000
    HP Bar turned on.

NOT RELATED

The latter errors I believe were caused by self inflicted damage from the bominomicon attack.
    Yeah, attacker really needs a range check and be ignored if it isn't between 1 and MaxClients.
    Old 05-31-2013 , 20:35   Re: [TF2]Be Merasmus
    Reply With Quote #8

I uploaded a new version to the main post which should have fixed the above errors.
    NameUser
    Old 05-31-2013 , 23:52   Re: [TF2]Be Merasmus
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    I uploaded a new version to the main post which should have fixed the above errors.
    When I activated the command, my server immediately died. Nothing so far in the logs.

Last edited by NameUser; 05-31-2013 at 23:53.
    Send a message via Skype™ to NameUser
    CuriousG
    Old 06-01-2013 , 20:17   Re: [TF2]Be Merasmus
    Reply With Quote #10

Ok, few more issues. When you become Merasmus as a scout, you have double jump ability. Not sure if that's intended. When you use the bominomicon attack and call up the menu, it says "You must be Merasmus to use this command" or something like that.

The sm_meras command is already used in the Spawn Merasmus plugin so you may want to use another alias.

It appears I'm only able to attack blue regardless of what team I join. The only thing that affects red is the magic attacks. Staff and bominomicon attacks doesn't affect red. If I join as blue bominomicon don't hurt me but if I join as red I'm affected by my own bombs.

After being defeated, still shows the trail effect for a few seconds (instant spawn) and class that became Meramus still retains speed (e.g Heavy) until you die again.

For those that want to create your own teleporter spawn coordinates, if you are using Merasmus Spawner https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1826858 you can type in sm_getcoords to start building your points

Last edited by CuriousG; 06-01-2013 at 22:01.