Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 16.0112)

Post New Thread Reply   

Scipizoa
Old 05-03-2013 , 19:35   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0501)
Reply With Quote #121

can't wait ;p

ZaBaGaBe Gaming Community: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ZBGB
sheng
Old 05-03-2013 , 19:42   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0501)
Reply With Quote #122

Really nice mod.

With Holiday_Punch, you can punch people and make it laugth, the people make griefing and does not let play

sorry for my english grettings from chile.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2013 , 20:07   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0501)
Reply With Quote #123

Thanks! I am aware of the issue with the Holiday Punch. I have already fixed it; the next update will include this fix.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2013 , 21:34   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0501)
Reply With Quote #124

Uploading new version 13.0503. It is attached to this post, has been pushed to the server that Updater downloads from, and will soon replace the version in the first post in this thread. Changes are:
  • Added game check. The plugin will refuse to load if the server is not TF2.

• Massive changes to the weapon blocking system. Cvars include:
    • sm_friendly_blockwep_classes
      This cvar sets what weapon classes ("tf_weapon_minigun" for example) to block. Any Friendly player who attempts to take out a weapon that is on this list will be unable to do so. Set this cvar to 0 to disable, 1 to use the "default" list, or you can enter your own weapons classes, seperated by commas. The default list is:
      Spoiler

• sm_friendly_blockweps
      This cvar sets what weapons to block, through its item definition index. Any Friendly player who attempts to take out a weapon that is on this list will be unable to do so. This cvar is more specific than sm_friendly_blockwep_classes. Set this cvar to 0 to disable, 1 to use the "default" list, or you can enter your own weapon indexes, seperated by commas. The default list is:
      Spoiler

• sm_friendly_blockweps_whitelist
      If a weapon's class is blocked by sm_friendly_blockwep_classes, placing its item definition index here will unblock it from usage. Convenient when you only want a single weapon unblocked from a weapon class with many weapons, such as only unblocking the Phlog while keeping all other Flamethrowers blocked. Set this cvar to 0 to disable, 1 to use the "default" list, or you can enter your own weapon indexes, seperated by commas. The default list is:
      Spoiler

• sm_friendly_blocktaunt
      This cvar sets what weapons to block taunting with. Any Friendly player who attempts to taunt with a weapon on this list will be unable to do so. Set this cvar to 0 to disable, 1 to use the "default" list, or you can enter your own weapon indexes, seperated by commas.
      Spoiler

Please let me know if you run into any issues. Please also consider installing Updater if you haven't already!

Anti-AFK-while-Friendly measures will hopefully come soon, as well as a particle effect to distinguish Friendly players.
Attached Files
File Type: smx friendly.smx (24.5 KB, 79 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (friendly.sp - 92 views - 50.0 KB)

Last edited by ddhoward; 05-04-2013 at 13:07.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2013 , 04:50   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #125

Almost every time I join a populated server, with my plugin installed, the command is always non-public. Only once have I ever seen my own plugin in action, publicly available, on a decently populated server, and that was an old version (maybe 13.0423).

Wondering if there is anything I can do to make the option of keeping it public more desirable for admins.

Last edited by ddhoward; 05-05-2013 at 04:51.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2013 , 16:30   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #126

To make something like this desirable, you have to make it so that people cannot exploit it at all. There has to be some downsides to toggling it on to keep things interesting for players too. also, players should not be able to interfere with combat in any way whatsoever. They are just walking spectators. People can notice them, but they do not get in the way. If they are anything more than that, it will annoy players, admins, etc. we have had this type of thing for around a year now i think... And it works with this model. People use it, but not very much, because they cant do a lot with it on. However, when they need it, it is there for them... Like if they want to talk without being killed, or explre some ares of a map, or use some special mods/featues.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2013 , 17:17   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #127

I am not aware of any way in which this can be exploited, OTHER than the fact that friendly players can still intercept hitscan bullets, and certain projectiles like Mad Milk. They cannot affect combat in ANY other way.

If other exploits exist, someone needs to tell me about them, because I cannot fix them unless I am aware of them.

EDIT: Friendly players are also able to pick up Health kits and Ammo boxes.

Last edited by ddhoward; 05-05-2013 at 17:24.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2013 , 17:26   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #128

All of that can/should be removed, as well as them being able to stand in front of snipers and block their scopes, or block/push teammates with their bodies. All of which is possible (to prevent). This also involves capping flags/objectives/carts/etc.

Last edited by friagram; 05-05-2013 at 17:27.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2013 , 17:38   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
All of that can/should be removed, as well as them being able to stand in front of snipers and block their scopes, or block/push teammates with their bodies. All of which is possible (to prevent). This also involves capping flags/objectives/carts/etc.
I do not know of any way to prevent the interception of Mad Milk-like projectiles and hitscan bullets without also causing the player to not hit map triggers, such as map teleporters. I will inquire about this on the scripting forum later today.

Setting the Alpha cvars to low values will prevent the friendly player from being able to mess with snipers on the same team.

Friendly players can be prevented from pushing teammates through the cvar tf_avoidteammates_pushaway.

I blocked Friendly players from being able to cap points/push carts/capture flags 6 updates ago. Is there some sort of bug or exploit that you have noticed with this, that allows players to get around this block?

Last edited by ddhoward; 05-05-2013 at 18:26.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2013 , 22:02   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #130

I am unable to create a scenario where the objective blocker doesn't work. :\ Is anyone else able to duplicate this supposed bug?

Last edited by ddhoward; 05-06-2013 at 00:38.