Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Request/Commission - Can't Vote For The Same Map Twice On A Votemap

Post New Thread Reply   

Rainicorn
Old 08-07-2011 , 00:24   Request/Commission - Can't Vote For The Same Map Twice On A Votemap
Reply With Quote #1

I have an unusual request for a plugin that will tie directly into a custom map that I made for my server(s).

My server has no mapcycle, and players instead vote for a new map by breaking boxes in front of signs for the map that they want to play.

If you need an explanation, I have a video of it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF9Zyu1d0qw&hd=1

One of the problems I've encountered with my map is that players will sometimes vote for the same map several times in a row. I would really like to have a plugin that prevents players from voting for the same map until X number of maps have been played in the interim. If they broke a box for a map that had already been played, the plugin would kick in and tell the map not to change.

I have a webserver, so if such a plugin needed to write to a database to function, I could accommodate it. I think it would be very simple to code.

This is something that I would be willing to pay a reasonable price to have coded. It would not need to be unique to my server, so you would be free to sell or use it for other purposes. I actually intend on sharing the finished code with the owner of another TF2 votemap server who inspired me to create my map.

Thanks for looking at and considering my request. =)

Last edited by Rainicorn; 08-07-2011 at 00:28.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-08-2011 , 11:49   Re: Request/Commission - Can't Vote For The Same Map Twice On A Votemap
Reply With Quote #2

The only problem I can see here is that this plugin would only be useful to people who make votemap maps, as the standard SourceMod and TF2 map votes already take this into account.
Old 08-08-2011 , 18:31   Re: Request/Commission - Can't Vote For The Same Map Twice On A Votemap
Reply With Quote #3

Yes, it would be a plugin only of value to people like myself and Axl who run our own custom votemap servers. That is why I am willing to pay to have such a plugin coded for me.
Old 08-09-2011 , 23:27   Re: Request/Commission - Can't Vote For The Same Map Twice On A Votemap
Reply With Quote #4

This thread can be closed now.

The plugin was coded for me in only a few hours by Zephyrus. He finished it so quickly, and made it very simple for me to configure and install. ^_^

The plugin will keep track of the last X number of maps that were played, and prevent the map from being changed to a map appearing in that list. It displays a message to players when the vote fails.

The plugin is very open. Even though it was made specifically for my ponyvote map, any other map/server using changelevel could run it too. I am going to share it with Axl in case he wants to use it.

Zephyrus is a really amazing coder!! I would recommend him to anyone. He is too humble. >3< Thank you Zeph!! <3 <3 <3

Last edited by Rainicorn; 08-09-2011 at 23:31.