Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Adds/Fixes missing medkits, guns and melee weapons, and add additional ones for teams larger than 4 players in versus
    Old 02-11-2011 , 21:00   [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
    Reply With Quote #1

This is a very straightforward, simple yet useful plugin. All it does it check the number of medkits at the start area or saferoom, and add additional medkits and weapons where needed. I add enough to make sure everyone gets one.

Assumptions:
    1. If no medkits are found, I assume no weapons exist either, so I add both
    2. I add tier one weapons for the first two maps, and tier 2 after

I am sure there are 50 different ways to make this more sophisticated, but it has done the job well for us in our 8 on 8 versus games.

Thanks to N3wton for the spawn melee weapons function, with the semi-random locations.

VERSION History:

• Added ConVar "l4d2_SimpleSupply_SupplyWeapons" to control if weapons are spawned as well as medkits. Default is 1 (ON), 0 is off.

• Fixed distance error on No Mercy finale
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_bwa_simplesupply.sp - 7526 views - 9.2 KB)

Last edited by seattle_ice; 05-30-2011 at 15:05. Reason: New Version
    seattle_ice
    Old 02-11-2011 , 22:58   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
    Reply With Quote #2

I have found that it works very well for us, except for the finales. If anyone has an idea about why the game acts differently on the finales, I would like to hear it.

Edit: I have found the problem was simply that some finales had other medkits very close by, so my search was incorrect.

Last edited by seattle_ice; 02-12-2011 at 14:50.
    Jay Dogg
    Old 02-15-2011 , 16:34   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
    Reply With Quote #3

sounds great but where do I download? No link on this thread? Please fix so I can test out
    seattle_ice
    Old 02-17-2011 , 15:20   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jay Dogg View Post
    sounds great but where do I download? No link on this thread? Please fix so I can test out
    Sorry, must have bungled the last upload.

I don't know that it has been tested for the very beginning of a campaign. We usually experienced missing medkits for the second half of a VS round, and anytime we had more than 4 players. Let me know how it goes.
    Jay Dogg
    Old 02-17-2011 , 19:09   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
    Reply With Quote #5

Seems to work so far on my normal 8 players vs server at very beginning of a campaign, so if I use this on my 6 player coop server will it add extra health kits for players if they are on?

Thanks so much have been looking for a fix for that bug for a while.
    seattle_ice
    Old 02-17-2011 , 19:29   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jay Dogg View Post
    Seems to work so far on my normal 8 players vs server at very beginning of a campaign, so if I use this on my 6 player coop server will it add extra health kits for players if they are on?

Thanks so much have been looking for a fix for that bug for a while.
    The default behavior for co-op is that any extra bots over 4 are spawned with health packs, IIRC.

If it is was requested by enough people, I might get into the more complicated task of calculating the health pack count at the end of the previous round and matching them up.
    ArthurCid
    Old 02-18-2011 , 16:43   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
    Reply With Quote #7

We play this and other plugins from you on our clan servers every night and it has added new life to a game that had gotten somewhat tired. Awesome work Iceman.
    seattle_ice
    Old 05-30-2011 , 15:03   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
    Reply With Quote #8

New convar added to allow turning the weapons spawning on/off. This was added by request.

Check first post for description and details.
    RavenDan29
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-30-2011 , 18:07   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
    Reply With Quote #9

Doesnt seem to work on windows based servers
    Old 05-30-2011 , 20:12   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RavenDan29 View Post
    Doesnt seem to work on windows based servers
    It is currently running quite well on a number of them. Can you give me a better description of the server and what is not working about it?