Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Fart + Fire = ?
    Old 04-27-2010 , 01:10   [L4D2] Super Boomer
    Reply With Quote #1

Make Boomer do a super charged rocket jump.

I got this inspiration from ztar's lethal weapon plugin. Credit goes to ztar for his particle code. Also added support for game instructor hints (code snippet was based from DJ_WEST's Witch Control Plugin)

Features
    • Super charged rocket jump
    • NEW: Special Attack (When attack button is pressed, boomer descends faster)
    • Particle Effects while charging and upon activation of the charge
    • NEW: Boomer can move while puking
    Requirements
    • This plugin requires SDKHooks v1.3 or above
    CVARS

General
    • sm_superboomer_version - Plugin Version
    • sm_sb_debug (0 = Disable / 1 = Enable / 2 = Enable for Admins Only) - Enable/Disable Debug Mode.
    • sm_sb_chargetime - Number of seconds to wait before activating (Max : 60s, Default values is 5 seconds)
    • sm_sb_chargeexpire - Number of seconds before charge expires (Max: 60s, Default value is 1.5secs)
    • sm_sb_effects (0 = Disable / 1 = Enable) - Enable/Disable Particle Effects (Depreceated)
    • sm_sb_explode (0 = Disable / 1 = Enable) - Make boomer explode upon impact (Default is 0)
    • sm_sb_gravity - The gravity to set for the jump boost (Default gravity is set to 0.06.)
    • sm_sb_hint - (0 = Disable, 1 = Chat, 2 = Game Instructor Hint, 3 = Both) Set which type of hints should be displayed for users
    • sm_sb_specialattack (0 = Disable / 1 = Enable) - Enable/Disable Speed Drop
    • sm_sb_pukemove **NEW** (0 = Disable, 1 = Enable) - Allow boomer to move while puking
    CVARS for customizing Particle/Sound effects

Warning: Do not bother modifying these cvars unless you want to customize you're own particle/sound effects. Some particles can be quite heavy and sometimes causes clients to crash.
    • sm_sb_pathpe_charge - Path of particle effect for Boomer Charge
    • sm_sb_pathpe_jump - Path of particle effect for Boomer Jump
    • sm_sb_pathpe_land - Path of particle effect for Boomer Land
    • sm_sb_pathse_charge - Path for sound effect when charging
    • sm_sb_pathse_fail - Path for sound effect on charge fail
    • sm_sb_pathse_jump - Path for sound effect on initial jump
    • sm_sb_pathse_land - Path for sound effect on landing
    • sm_sb_pathse_ready - Path for sound effect on charge readiness indication
    • sm_sb_pathse_special - Path for sound effect on special attack ability
    • sm_sb_pathse_warcry - Path for sound effect for WAR CRY
    CVARS For Enabling/Disabling Particle/Sound Effects
    • sm_sb_pecharge - (0 = Disable, 1 = Enabled) Enable/Disable Particle Effects when Charging
    • sm_sb_pejump - (0 = Disable, 1 = Enabled) Enable/Disable Particle Effects when Jumping
    • sm_sb_peland - (0 = Disable, 1 = Enabled) Enable/Disable Particle Effects when Landing
    • sm_sb_secharge - (0 = Disable, 1 = Enabled) Enable/Disable Sound Effects when Charging
    • sm_sb_sefail - (0 = Disable, 1 = Enabled) Enable/Disable Sound Effects after a failed charged attempt
    • sm_sb_sejump - (0 = Disable, 1 = Enabled) Enable/Disable Sound Effects when Jumping
    • sm_sb_seland - (0 = Disable, 1 = Enabled) Enable/Disable Sound Effects when Landing
    • sm_sb_sespecatk - (0 = Disable, 1 = Enabled) Enable/Disable Sound Effects for Special Speed Attack Ability
    • sm_sb_sewarcry - (0 = Disable, 1 = Enabled) Enable/Disable Sound Effects for War Cry (Occurs during the jump)
    How to Use
    • Crouch for N seconds (this is defined by the cvar) then jump upon activation. Proper timing of the jump is crucial to make a successful super rocket jump.
    • To make boomer rocket jump to the desired direction, just hold down the DIRECTIONAL KEYS (W-A-S-D) prior to the jumping.
    • While on mid-air, press the ATTACK (By default, that is your left mouse button) key to descend faster to the ground
    • If any of you are curious on what to put on the particle effects cvars, I will try to compile a list of all particle effects in Left 4 Dead 2...but for the meantime, you can use the particle browser through the "Left 4 Dead 2 (Tools Mode)" under "Left 4 Dead 2 Authoring Tools". Just take note that you will need the Authoring tools installed for you to access the particle browser.
    Version History
      • Added new CVAR to allow boomer to move while puking.
      • Fixed bug when players were able to spam the particle effects by pressing spacebar multiple times while rocket jump is in-effect.
      • Renamed version CVAR from sm_sb_version to sm_superboomer_version in order to make it more 'less generic'
      • Fixed bug (I hope) where player speed would somehow increase all throughout the game (Post#40)
      • Fixed bug in timer resetting the charge in certain occasions
      • Added new cvar to enable/disable "speed dropping"
      • Fixed invalid entity index error
      • Added a new CVAR to enable/disable the "War Cry" sound effect (by default that is ellis screaming). This update is in reference to Post#33
      • MAJOR UPDATE
      • Improved Ground Hit Detection (Thanks to psychonic for the tip)
      • Added Auto Configuration (/cfg/sourcemod/l4d2_superboomer.cfg)
      • Added SPECIAL Ability while on mid-air (Boomer can descend faster when ATTACK key is pressed)
      • Added 20 new CVARS to support full customization (See updated CVAR list)
      • Bug Fix - Fixed bug in speed boost being taken advantage by players when boomer is charged and has not activated the jump. (Post#18)
      • Bug Fix - Fixed error thrown in log during client disconnect (Post#23)
      • Added new cvar for exploding upon impact
      • Bug Fix - Fixed issue during player transition having the same ability.
      • Removed - "ground shaking" effect while charging
    • 0.1 - Initial Release
    To restore the settings similar to how it was on 0.3...You can modify the following cvars below:

sm_sb_gravity 0.1 //Restore the gravity to it's original value
    sm_sb_chargetime 10 //The number of seconds to wait before being fully charged
    sm_sb_peland 0 //Disable the particle effects emitted after a completed rocket jump
    sm_sb_sefail 0 //Disable the sound effect after a failed charge attempt
    sm_sb_sewarcry 0 //Disable the war cry sound effect
    sm_sb_sespecatk 0 //Disable the special attack sound effect

DEMO Video (outdated since 0.3)
    Note : Sorry for the bad quality...I'll try to upload a better one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hz27dihruM

Updated DEMO Video (thanks blackalegator)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12v_nHkcZT4

Note: This is my first time posting a plugin in this forum. So if you encounter any issues with this plugin, please do let me know.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_superboomer.sp - 2287 views - 33.1 KB)
    File Type: smx l4d2_superboomer.smx (17.3 KB, 2985 views)

Last edited by thresh0ld; 10-22-2012 at 01:09. Reason: Re-compiled plugin
    chris1701
    Old 04-27-2010 , 02:47   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
    Reply With Quote #2

that means when you did the rocket jump and you will die after touching the ground? Is it for versus mode?
    thresh0ld
    Old 04-27-2010 , 03:23   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris1701 View Post
    that means when you did the rocket jump and you will die after touching the ground?
    Sorry..I didn't explain very well. This plug-in is only meant for the charged rocket jump. On the demo video, I used the Infected Self-Detonate plug-in by ne0cha0s. The boomer explosion after hitting the ground was invoked manually and the ignition was not caused by this plug-in.

Quote:
    ...Is it for versus mode?
    I didn't put any restrictions for what game mode this will be enabled on...Although I did only test this on versus mode, but I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work on other modes.

Last edited by thresh0ld; 04-27-2010 at 03:45.
    chris1701
    Old 04-27-2010 , 03:25   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
    Reply With Quote #4

Is this plugin useful for bot?
    thresh0ld
    Old 04-27-2010 , 03:34   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Is this plugin useful for bot?
    This can only be used by a human player.....
    IronWarrior
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-27-2010 , 06:29   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
    Reply With Quote #6

This is so awesome it has blown my mind.

Needless to say how annoying it is to keep failing rocket boomers over and over again.

This be awesome for 10vs10.
    IronWarrior
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-27-2010 , 07:30   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
    Reply With Quote #7

Just got some suggestions after talking to friends about this, what about expanding this concept for other SI, for example a Spitter?

A Spitter could charge up a big old gob of spit that when fired would shake and stumble/knock survivors around when it hits them in the area?

I guess the same ideas could be used for other SI.

I know there is already plugin that does this, but what about adding a option that allows you or not allow Super Boomers do splash damage upon exploding?
    Elektramode
    Old 04-27-2010 , 12:33   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
    Reply With Quote #8

watched the video and looks nice... but i continiously cant find a way to get sourcemod working after the dlc
    thresh0ld
    Old 04-27-2010 , 13:35   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
    Just got some suggestions after talking to friends about this, what about expanding this concept for other SI, for example a Spitter?

A Spitter could charge up a big old gob of spit that when fired would shake and stumble/knock survivors around when it hits them in the area?

I guess the same ideas could be used for other SI.
    I do love the idea of spitter knocking out the survivors! if only I know how to make this possible. I am not too sure on how I could force an animation on a survivor character such as getting "knocked out"...I will have to look into this and see what I can dig up...Thanks for suggesting

Quote:
    I know there is already plugin that does this, but what about adding a option that allows you or not allow Super Boomers do splash damage upon exploding?
    I can integrate this option on the next release...
    Mortiegama
    Old 04-27-2010 , 14:32   Re: [L4D2] Super Boomer
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Just got some suggestions after talking to friends
    That's incredibly easy to implement, you just need to get the client and then kill client. For whatever reason calling kill in the plugin will prevent a Boomer from splashing.