Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Enables "Hunter Training Map" to be run on a dedicated server and allows "Live Fire Course" settings on any map.
    Old 04-16-2010 , 10:24   [L4D2 & L4D] Hunter Training Map Multiplayer Enabler
    Reply With Quote #1

My map, Hunter Training, has seen enormous success on L4D, and nearly as much success on L4D2. On L4D2, however, playing HTM on a dedicated server has not been possible, because HTM needs certain cheats enabled to play, and L4D2 dedicated servers have cheats locked off.

This plugin fixes that problem, by removing the cheat flag from the cvars HTM needs, making it possible to use them without needing sv_cheats 1.

You do not need this plugin to play multiplayer on L4D dedicated servers, however, I recommend getting it anyway, as it will make your server much less able to be highjacked, as it will not enable all cheats, but merely those listed below.

Admins can automatically turn this plugin on and change the settings to those of the Live Fire Course on any map with "htm_training_start". "htm_training_start" will also change the game mode to versus even on a L4D2 server and will cause survivors to automatically teleport back to the beginning of the map when they enter the end safe room.

cvars affected:
    god - needed to keep hunters from killing the survivors, who have no way to heal in the map

noclip - needed to pull hunters off the Survivors on the pounce Challenges (works as it does with sv_cheats on)

nb_stop - needed to keep the survivors from moving around and shooting during the Challenge courses

vs_max_team_switches - not really needed, but it helps to be able to switch between the two teams

sb_all_bot_team / sb_all_bot_game - needed to keep the game from quitting when there are no humans on the survivor team

z_spawn - needed for the hunter auto-spawn system (z_spawn can not be used to spawn tanks or witches with the plugin)

director_no_death_check - needed for the Live Fire Course to keep the game from ending if all the survivors somehow manage to die

z_hunter_health - needed for the Live Fire Course to give the hunter 6000 health

give - needed for the Live Fire Course to keep the hunter at 6000 health (can only be used to give health)

(The two cvars above make the hunter impossible to kill except from a headshot or the kill command.)

kill - useful on Live Fire Course when a player is made to be the tank

warp_far_survivor_here - useful to practice pouncing a particular spot.

respawn - respawns yourself if you are a dead survivor, takes you to beginning of map. (requires gamedata file)

respawn_all - respawns all survivors at the beginning of the map. (requires gamedata file)
    (Credit goes to AtomicStryker and doku for the respawn code.)

How it works:
    l4d2_htm_mp_enabler - the plugin version

l4d2_htm_mp_enable - toggles cheats

htm_training_start - manually start training

With l4d2_htm_mp_enable set to 1, the above listed cvars are modified to allow changing/using them without needing sv_cheats 1 and sv_cheats will be set to 0 if it isn't already. Set to 0 resets those cvars to again need sv_cheats 1.

HTM v.3.1 and above will automatically set l4d2_htm_mp_enable to 1 at startup- whether you start on the Challenge run or the Live Fire Course.

Usage:
    Place this plugin in your sourcemod plugins folder.
    Place the "htm_mp_enabler.gamedata.txt" file in the gamedata folder. (Only needed for respawn functionality. (This includes the auto-teleport to start.))

By doing this, whenever HTM is loaded, the cheats it needs will be enabled, and whenever any other map is loaded, the plugin will disable them, preventing abuse that could happen otherwise.

Changelog:
    1.0 - Initial version
    1.1 - Removed all unnecessary variables.
    1.2 - Add hook for noclip to make it actually work - merely removing its cheat flag wasn't enough.
    1.3 - Added "kill" to the cheat enable list, restricted "give" to "give health", restricted "z_spawn" to exclude tanks and witches, made enabled noclip function like normal, fixed minor bug that causes servers to bork on map change.
    1.3.1 - Added check to restriction on give and z_spawn to only restrict when "l4d2_htm_mp_enable" = 1.
    2.0 - Added manual start of Live Fire Course settings to admins for any map and removed need to manually reset anything on map change.
    2.5 - Add "respawn", "respawn_all", updated "htm_training_start" to also change game mode to versus and teleport bots back to start when they get to the end of the map. Requires "htm_mp_enabler.gamedata.txt" to be in gamedata folder for respawning to function.
    2.5.1 - Minor fix to problem caused by "The Sacrifice" DLC for L4D2.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2htm-multiplayer-enabler.sp - 19514 views - 6.7 KB)
    File Type: txt htm_mp_enabler.gamedata.txt (1.1 KB, 7543 views)

Last edited by eyeonus; 12-27-2010 at 20:00. Reason: Some description editing to make the OP easier to read.
    thejuice027
    Old 04-16-2010 , 11:40   Re: [L4D2 & L4D] Hunter Training Map Multiplayer Enabler
    Reply With Quote #2

How about a link to your hunter traning maps. I hate playing hunter in L4D2 because you just can't jump as good as you can in L4D.
    Old 04-16-2010 , 11:42   Re: [L4D2 & L4D] Hunter Training Map Multiplayer Enabler
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thejuice027 View Post
    How about a link to your hunter traning maps. I hate playing hunter in L4D2 because you just can't jump as good as you can in L4D.
    The official Hunter Training Map site: L4D map DB

Oh, and yes you can. I've played HTM in both L4D and L4D2 (even if only because I have to make sure my map is doing what I want it to), and the only differences between the L4D hunter and the L4D2 hunter, based on my experience doing so, are the look and sound of the hunters- it's just as easy (or hard) to get through the Challenges in L4D2 as it is in L4D.

Last edited by eyeonus; 04-16-2010 at 11:45.
    thejuice027
    Old 04-16-2010 , 14:48   Re: [L4D2 & L4D] Hunter Training Map Multiplayer Enabler
    Reply With Quote #4

I swear, It is WAY harder to wall jump in L4D2 than it is in L4D.
    Old 04-16-2010 , 16:22   Re: [L4D2 & L4D] Hunter Training Map Multiplayer Enabler
    Reply With Quote #5

good plugins
    Elektramode
    Old 04-16-2010 , 17:06   Re: [L4D2 & L4D] Hunter Training Map Multiplayer Enabler
    Reply With Quote #6

hey i have a problem... i mean i dont run a server but when i click multiplayer and make a server the hunter training map wont show up... i mean it works if iacces it by cheat console... but thats only single player
    eyeonus
    Old 04-16-2010 , 18:12   Re: [L4D2 & L4D] Hunter Training Map Multiplayer Enabler
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elektramode View Post
    hey i have a problem... i mean i dont run a server but when i click multiplayer and make a server the hunter training map wont show up... i mean it works if iacces it by cheat console... but thats only single player
    You have to wait for me to release v3.1 to be able to select HTM in a versus lobby in L4D2. Give me about a day.
    eyeonus
    Old 04-17-2010 , 16:36   Re: [L4D2 & L4D] Hunter Training Map Multiplayer Enabler
    Reply With Quote #8

HTMv.3.5 has been released. (Yes, I know I had said 3.1, but I made so many changes, I decided to skip a few numbers.)

All version of HTM from current on will be compatible with this plugin.
    eyeonus
    Old 05-12-2010 , 12:54   Re: [L4D2 & L4D] Hunter Training Map Multiplayer Enabler
    Reply With Quote #9

I noticed some problems with the plugin, notably that the cvars nb_stop, sb_all_bot_team, and god do not reset when the cheat flag is removed (,that is, they stay enabled even though they are set to 0), so I fixed the plugin to cause them to reset.

While I was at it, I also added the kill command to the list, made noclip act like it does when sv_cheats is enabled, restricted the z_spawn command to exclude witches and tanks, and restricted the give command to only be enabled for "give health"- all other give options (such as "give pistol", "give gascan", etc.) will no longer work.

Last edited by eyeonus; 05-12-2010 at 13:23.
    l4d2fan
    Old 05-14-2010 , 13:59   Re: [L4D2 & L4D] Hunter Training Map Multiplayer Enabler
    Reply With Quote #10

Hi guys, i downloaded the plugin today and i went to open the file in WinRAR and it said it was unknown format or damaged. Can someone please tell me whats wrong plz.

Thanks.