Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Single class vs. single class battles determined by a random player on each team
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Author not active, possibly bugged.
    Old 04-11-2010 , 20:48   [TF2] Class War Party (v.0.5.0)
    Reply With Quote #1

Description:
    Single class vs. single class battles determined by a random player on each team.

At the beginning of every round, a random scoreboard slot is chosen and each team will be forced to that player's class after an initial ready time.

Currently, it *should* work for Koth, Arena, cp, and plr maps. I haven't tried it with others, but it should also work for them.

Let me know any bugs you may find, features you'd like added, and server IPs if you find this plugin useful. I also know the code isn't the best and I'll work on making it better.

===============
    Admin Commands:
    cwp_enable - Enables Class War Party immediately
    cwp_disable - Disables Class War Party immediately
    cwp_reloadweapons - Reload weapons from file at beginning of next round (weapons file is automatically added at the plugin start, this is just to reload it)

cwp_force red_class blu_class - Forces red and blu to be their respective classes and immediately respawns them
    where class: Scout = 1, Sniper = 2, Soldier = 3, Demo = 4, Medic = 5, Heavy = 6, Pyro = 7, Spy = 8, Engi = 9

cwp_force random - Randomly choose next class for each team and immediately respawns them

cwp_force clear - Clears any force previously set, either through random or red_class blu_class to begin next round

===============
    cwp_weapons.txt:
    This file belongs in the sourcemod directory. If it doesn't exist or is invalid, a server message will display saying such and a default (all weapons allowed) will be enforced.

Its syntax goes: the client's class is in the first column. Going to the right, find the column with the opponent's class and that represents the bitstring of enabled weapons. Suppose I'm a Scout and my opponent is a Sniper. I'd want the bitstring which looks like:
    _____Sniper
    Scout -101
    Where _ represents a space and the - is necessary right before the bitstring.

This means my 2nd slot weapon would be disabled. Engineers and spies have 5 slots.

===============
    Demo Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inI74vYG_ks

===============
    Changelog in second post
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip classwarparty-0.5.0.zip (7.8 KB, 470 views)
    File Type: zip classwarparty-0.5.0-compiled.zip (16.6 KB, 503 views)

Last edited by joeblow1102; 07-07-2010 at 01:58. Reason: 0.5.0 Release
    joeblow1102
    Old 04-12-2010 , 22:46   Re: [TF2] Class War Party
    Reply With Quote #2

Changelog:
    0.5.2 - Ensure we start check from root of Key-Value tree.

0.5.1 - Disallowing certain players from being included in captain choice (0).

*0.5.0 - When the plugin gets enabled, make sure all engineer buildings are destroyed. (Code taken from Destroy Engineer Buildings by bl4nk)

*0.4.9b - If a player is the team captain, display a hint text and display the class selection screen (65, wow!)

0.4.9a - Instead of printing to hud, print to panel.
    Display (almost) useful message for the team captain ( 9 )

0.4.3 - Stop Hud text showing after the round is over (players won't be able to change classes until the next round begins) ( 9 )

*0.4.2 - In the creation of an array for clients, use MAXPLAYERS + 1 ( 22 )

*0.4.1 - cwp_reloadweapons should work on round begin
    Compiled re-released for new MM:S and SM
    Source ( 14 )
    New Compiled ( 8 )
    Old Compiled ( 9 )

• If there is a setup round (cp_dustbowl, pl_*, etc.), Blue should have the HUD text until they're unfrozen. Hopefully this will clear up confusion with blue players noticing they can't move.
    • Resupplies will be enabled if neither class is limited in weapons in the match-up. In games with a setup round (cp_dustbowl, pl_*, etc.), Red won't have resupplies until the round starts and Blue is unfrozen.
    • cwp_enable, cwp_force random work immediately and players are immediately respawned
    • Only update the HUD with team captain info, etc., when the team captain changes classes.
    ( 33 )
    Thank you CnB Community for all of the testing and feedback to make this release possible!

*0.3.2 - MaxClients is an inclusive variable and my for loops should go from 1 <= x <= MaxClients ( 19 )

*0.3.1 - Make cwp_force work across map changes, and display helpful messages when trying admin commands if the mod is not enabled / disabled, already enabled / disabled ( 3 )

*0.3 - More bug fixing, fixed cwp_force not working, added Random classes gametype ( 8 )

0.2.2 - Bug fixing, (hopefully) making the HUD text update and stop updating correctly ( 3 )

0.2 - Check if the captains are in the game when printing and use IsClientInGame instead of IsClientConnected in some places (duh!) ( 4 )

0.1.1a - Added ability to remove player's weapon slots depending on class battle. This is done via cwp_weapons.txt. Explanation of this file above. A consequence of this is the disabling of resupply (code taken from Melee mode by chundo ([email protected])) ( 8 )

*0.1.1 - Previously, when nobody was on the server, the mod would disable itself. Now, if nobody is on the server, the mod will continue the current class war and start a new one on the next round if people join the server ( 22 )

*0.1 - Initial Release (9 downloads)

Last edited by joeblow1102; 07-11-2010 at 14:07.
    Drixevel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-13-2010 , 11:25   Re: [TF2] Class War Party
    Reply With Quote #3

yay another plugin i can use for fun events. :] thanks man ill test it.
    flubber
    Old 04-13-2010 , 13:56   Re: [TF2] Class War Party
    Reply With Quote #4

Will be testing that soon, you should add a weapons slot blocking, heavy with natasha vs spy with knife will be fun.
    joeblow1102
    Old 04-13-2010 , 21:08   Re: [TF2] Class War Party
    Reply With Quote #5

Changes integrated into 0.3 release.
    ===============

I have just attached version 0.1.1a to this post. I'm not adding it to the original post just yet because I want some testing done with this. I'm also not sure if this is what you or I want.

Admin Command:
    cwp_reloadweapons - Reload weapons from file at beginning of next round (weapons file is automatically added at the plugin start, this is just to reload it)

cwp_weapons.txt:
    This file belongs in the sourcemod directory. If it doesn't exist or is invalid, a server message will display saying such and a default (all weapons allowed) will be enforced.

Its syntax goes: the client's class is in the first column. Going to the right, find the column with the opponent's class and that represents the bitstring of enabled weapons. Suppose I'm a Scout and my opponent is a Sniper. I'd want the bitstring which looks like:
    _____Sniper
    Scout -101
    Where _ represents a space and the - is necessary right before the bitstring.

This means my 2nd slot weapon would be disabled. Engineers and spies have 5 slots.

Changelog:
    0.1.1a - Added ability to remove player's weapon slots depending on class battle. This is done via cwp_weapons.txt. Explanation of this file above. A consequence of this is the disabling of resupply (code taken from Melee mode by chundo ([email protected])).

Last edited by joeblow1102; 04-17-2010 at 12:15.
    Newf
    Old 04-14-2010 , 13:33   Re: [TF2] Class War Party
    Reply With Quote #6

anyone able to give some servers that run this? i'd love to play this. sounds like a blast.

only issue i can see is engi vs engi.
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-15-2010 , 05:26   Re: [TF2] Class War Party
    Reply With Quote #7

steam://connect/s.lua.kr:27016
    SmackDaddy
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-15-2010 , 13:15   Re: [TF2] Class War Party
    Reply With Quote #8

Where is the compiled plugin? (I try and run it through the compiler and it speaks of missing the includes -- if I have to compile this myself, can someone tell me exactly how to do so?)

Also, does this run where each round beginning is a new random class or does an admin need to run a command to make this all happen every round?

Last edited by SmackDaddy; 04-15-2010 at 13:21.
    Drixevel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-15-2010 , 14:12   Re: [TF2] Class War Party
    Reply With Quote #9

To Compile this plugin, Drag the files from the ZIP file in download into your scripts folder in your sourcemod directory in addons then click on compile.exe to compile all the scripts into one folder. Just go into that folder, take the .smx file and add it to plugins then delete the folder. Simple as that. :]
    joeblow1102
    Old 04-15-2010 , 14:36   Re: [TF2] Class War Party
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    Where is the compiled plugin? (I try and run it through the compiler and it speaks of missing the includes -- if I have to compile this myself, can someone tell me exactly how to do so?)

Also, does this run where each round beginning is a new random class or does an admin need to run a command to make this all happen every round?

r3dw3r3w0lf is correct. The reason there's no compiled plugin is because I split the code into many different files (it's my Computer Science education showing). When you unzip the zip archive to your scripting folder, you should have classwarparty.sp in scripting and a new folder classwarparty containing 3 .sp files. I can, beginning with the next release, build a compiled version and attach it to the original post.

Once the mod is enabled, it's enabled (until server shutdown, manually disabling it, etc.) If, at the beginning of a round, one team doesn't have at least one player, the mod will be disabled for that round. At the beginning of the next round, if there is a sufficient amount of players, the mod will run.