Post New Thread Reply   

Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-06-2010 , 11:27   Re: L4D Reloading sounds
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
I request this to be unapproved.
Using PlayerPrethink to cehck weapon and draw some icon is obviously a major erro that should have prevent this plugin from being approved.
I agree. For some reason, I missed that completely when I was looking at this. I actually know first-hand how bad it is to do sprite rendering in PreThink because I did it at one point for one of my plugins. Even with just 3-4 players each with a sprite, it can slow the server down to a crawl. Anyway, thanks for the catch.

Unapproved.
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2010 , 12:06   Re: L4D Reloading sounds [ZP SUPPORTED]
Reply With Quote #32

Ok, how i understood " you just want to unapprove all my plugins. usualy you give other ppl. xx days time to fix this but in this case 'oh its a plugin of One,unapproved without fix time'

and how i can see, there is my freeday manager unaproved too. without any reasons..
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-06-2010 , 12:21   Re: L4D Reloading sounds [ZP SUPPORTED]
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Ok, how i understood " you just want to unapprove all my plugins. usualy you give other ppl. xx days time to fix this but in this case 'oh its a plugin of One,unapproved without fix time'

and how i can see, there is my freeday manager unaproved too. without any reasons..
I give time if I think there's potential in it or I actually like the idea.
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2010 , 12:37   Re: L4D Reloading sounds [ZP SUPPORTED]
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552 View Post
I give time if I think there's potential in it or I actually like the idea.
so you dont like the Idea then you know nothing about potential then its what i must have & you can not know if i want to work @ my plugin or not.

so, this plugin willbe still with or without update unapproved( as u told ).
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-06-2010 , 12:43   Re: L4D Reloading sounds [ZP SUPPORTED]
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
so you dont like the Idea then you know nothing about potential then its what i must have & you can not know if i want to work @ my plugin or not.

AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-06-2010 , 12:48   Re: L4D Reloading sounds [ZP SUPPORTED]
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:

You think too much, stop to try to talk non-sense, fix your plugin and that's all and it will be approved again.
Old 04-06-2010 , 12:54   Re: L4D Reloading sounds [ZP SUPPORTED]
Reply With Quote #37

lol you mean "I give time if I think there's potential in it or I actually like the idea."

there are 2 cases :
1. you give time to update if you think i have the potential to update my plugin
2. you give time to update if you like the Idea

my answer :

case 1 : you can not know if i have the potential to update the plugin. so go to case 2

case 2 : you dont like the Idea.
=
so the plugin will not be approved.
never mind if i update the plugin or not. you just dont like the idea.

i think there is nothing to discuss about!!

edit :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
You think too much, stop to try to talk non-sense, fix your plugin and that's all and it will be approved again.
read please this post.i understood hawk so as i wrote.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-06-2010 , 13:13   Re: L4D Reloading sounds [ZP SUPPORTED]
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
case 1 : you can not know if i have the potential to update the plugin. so go to case 2
Yeah, I can't, but I can make an educated guess. It's not like I permanently deleted it anyway. The temper tantrum you're throwing is just discouraging me from approving this in the future if you actually do update it.

Quote:
case 2 : you dont like the Idea.
=
so the plugin will not be approved.
never mind if i update the plugin or not. you just dont like the idea.

i think there is nothing to discuss about!!

edit :

read please this post.i understood hawk so as i wrote.
That's the attitude!
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2010 , 13:47   Re: L4D Reloading sounds [ZP SUPPORTED]
Reply With Quote #39

Other error in your plugin is that you use set_task for cool down, you should just set a Float per player global variable and set in it the next gametime at which player can send a sound.

To detect weapon reload (you were using prethink), look at this code : http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...540#post777540
Should find something to make it work fine with shotguns.

Other think i think is bad (not the code, but feature), you should use SendAudio message so only teamates would here the reload sound, you could even implement location on cz, you can look at this code for it : http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=573867

Last, i don't think that the woman voice is fine in this plugin, i mean it is randomly played.
Could be used if player choose to be a girl, so that player would always have a woman voice (except for other radios...) and other players would always have men sounds.

As Hawk said, this plugin has nice features, please try to make the code better.

- my plugins -
One
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2010 , 17:34   Re: L4D Reloading sounds [ZP SUPPORTED]
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
Other error in your plugin is that you use set_task for cool down, you should just set a Float per player global variable and set in it the next gametime at which player can send a sound.

To detect weapon reload (you were using prethink), look at this code : http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...540#post777540
Should find something to make it work fine with shotguns.

Other think i think is bad (not the code, but feature), you should use SendAudio message so only teamates would here the reload sound, you could even implement location on cz, you can look at this code for it : http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=573867

Last, i don't think that the woman voice is fine in this plugin, i mean it is randomly played.
Could be used if player choose to be a girl, so that player would always have a woman voice (except for other radios...) and other players would always have men sounds.

As Hawk said, this plugin has nice features, please try to make the code better.
ty. very helpfull post.
i will try to rewrite it in the next days.
but for first : only teammates can hear the reload sound. this works like a normal radio cmd but i willl check it again
and secund thing : i dont own l4d because i dont like the gameplay.could you please upload any sounds which i can precache or attach?

PS. good idea, i will make a menu in sethud event to ask a player for woman or a man!

i just tough this plugin will never be approved again because i wrote 2day that i will update this & i will do it for sure