amx_speed by Petey B

Post New Thread Reply   

GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-10-2005 , 03:02  
Reply With Quote #21

twistedeuphoria wrote:
Quote:
@GHW_Chronic: Figure out how to keep a players speed past when they respawn or switch weapons.

Right now we have at least 3 speed plugins. I suggest finding a feature that sets your respective plugins apart. In this matter it seems Chronic has the advantage with the +button, however as I said above he needs to update to work around weapon switches and respawns.

A little healthy competition
check out my plugin now I just updated it so it does not turn off when the round restarts or the player changes weapon.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=64730

I hate redundancy, and you are right twistedeuphoria, mine does have the advantage (not to diss the other ones) so the others should be trashed (no offense)
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
pizzahut
Old 05-10-2005 , 09:51  
Reply With Quote #22

I usually don't play ESF, but anyway:

1) For ESF you need to additionally set cl_forwardspeed. Simply setting the user max speed doesn't do anything in this mod until you change cl_forwardspeed, too.

2) ESF sometimes resets the cl_forwardspeed. So you would need either a timer that keeps setting this cvar to the desired value, or do it via client_PreThink.

The same is probably valid for TFC. The default cl_forwardspeed in TFC is 400, so you won't go any faster until you change this value. Unlike ESF, TFC doesn't reset the cl_forwardspeed though.
ChaosPriest
Old 05-11-2005 , 04:24  
Reply With Quote #23

never heard of preThink. could u elaborate a little more or where i could get something like that for esf?
Old 05-11-2005 , 04:40  
Reply With Quote #24

It's a function that can be used when writing an AMXX script. The comments were directed to the plugin author, he should add the cl_forwardspeed command to the plugin. (And possibly side/back speed.)
ChaosPriest
Old 05-11-2005 , 04:48  
Reply With Quote #25

PETEY B?
hey could u read the post above this so u can add in the cl_forwardspeed to teh amx_speed plugin? something like cl_forwardspeed 5000 and side and backspeeds as well?
Old 05-11-2005 , 12:09  
Reply With Quote #26

This plugin sets the speed every 0.1 seconds.

A better way would be to catch when a player uses movement keys (+forward etc), but this isn't covered by the client_command() function and I'm not aware of a suitable event either.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_speed.sma - 1127 views - 2.8 KB)

Plugins for the Royston Vasey TFC server - These are UNSUPPORTED, except those which have been published at AMX Mod X.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-11-2005 , 17:29  
Reply With Quote #27

well I don't know about this cl_forwardspeed stuff, I'll look into it, but for CS this plugin Legal Speed Hacks is definately going to work the best for you.
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
ChaosPriest
Old 05-11-2005 , 19:10  
Reply With Quote #28

ok for the 5th time, I AM NOT PLAYING COUNTER-STRIKE. i am playing earths special forces or ESF
Old 05-11-2005 , 20:24  
Reply With Quote #29

ChaosPriest, let me know if you can get the plugin I posted to work. I just posted the source code, and the forum compiled it. I'm not certain though if the web/forum compiler is reliable.
ChaosPriest
Old 05-12-2005 , 05:45  
Reply With Quote #30

yeah it works. was wondering if u could double the cl_forwardspeed to about 10,000 and im not too sure how familiar u are to esf but there is a thing called swooping. basically when u double tap forward it does a charging fly where u fly 5 times faster for about 4 seconds. it doesnt work with that but if u can get that to have the speed increase as well that would be awesome