Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Sourcerev

Post New Thread Reply   

medic917
Old 11-08-2014 , 21:01   Sourcerev
Reply With Quote #1

Anyone use sourcerev for advertisements? They offer nonintrusive ads where the sounds are not LOUD like pinion and motdgd usually are.

So far they are not even working correctly, but it seems like csgoshop/tf2shop.com uses it.

The impressions are working fine, but most of their websites are not working (like earnings are not increasing and stays at zero), and there is no contact info (support tickets don't even load).

Was wondering if the owner of this new service was around allied modders as well.

http://sourcerev.com/

Last edited by medic917; 11-08-2014 at 21:02.
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 11-09-2014 , 05:27   Re: Sourcerev
Reply With Quote #2

To be honest i prefer MotdGD than that.
SourceRev Tier 1 eCPM is 3.20$ while eCPM on MotdGD is mostly 3.20$+
United Kingdom has 6.50$ CPM currently

Last edited by Oshizu; 11-09-2014 at 05:28.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 11-09-2014 , 05:50   Re: Sourcerev
Reply With Quote #3

not sure why you would use a random non-company with such a shady site for anything though. as far as i know they have been reported for faking ad clicks and they only use one adnetwork as their ad source, while motdgd uses 12 sources

edit: heres the owner: https://steamcommunity.com/id/PlayboyTF2 https://steamcommunity.com/id/PBplayboy

edit2: th2shop and csgoshop dont even have servers. so fake reviews lol.

Last edited by Zephyrus; 11-09-2014 at 10:59.
medic917
Old 11-10-2014 , 00:29   Re: Sourcerev
Reply With Quote #4

ahhh ty, i'll stay away from them unless they can prove otherwise.

Idk why that vatican city uses them, maybe they are just friends.
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-10-2014 , 22:02   Re: Sourcerev
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic917 View Post
ahhh ty, i'll stay away from them unless they can prove otherwise.

Idk why that vatican city uses them, maybe they are just friends.
Why the hell am I being brought up? I didn't even chime in!

Edit: Now that I have thought about it, since I was brought into the conversation, Sourcerev.com has some damn good CPM. It also looks nicer in-game than MOTDGD. The ads even look nicer and from a player perspective its so clean looking and short it almost isn't even annoying like most ads plugins.

Last edited by Dr_Knuckles; 11-10-2014 at 22:55.
medic917
Old 11-13-2014 , 22:08   Re: Sourcerev
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Knuckles View Post
Why the hell am I being brought up? I didn't even chime in!

Edit: Now that I have thought about it, since I was brought into the conversation, Sourcerev.com has some damn good CPM. It also looks nicer in-game than MOTDGD. The ads even look nicer and from a player perspective its so clean looking and short it almost isn't even annoying like most ads plugins.

You were one of the groups listed on their homepage saying positive reviews.

Did you contact the owner? Do they actually pay? I prefer them due to the reasonable audio levels on the ads, unlike the other companys that blast full volume to my players and piss them off

I stopped using sourcerev, because I saw that they deleted a post in this thread, and kind of worries me that they don't even have a contact in their website (their ticket system is broken, at least when I used them).

Don't get me wrong, I hope they do grow, and become a valuable competitor in this market. We could use a company that can fix two of the biggest issues (volume noise, and forced ads [still able to on some mods])
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 11-10-2014 , 01:12   Re: Sourcerev
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic917 View Post
They offer nonintrusive ads where the sounds are not LOUD like pinion and motdgd usually are.
The steam web browser has it's own volume slider you can set under the Windows Volume Mixer.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2014 , 01:36   Re: Sourcerev
Reply With Quote #8

It was designed to run after (or insted of) the normal motd. The idea was that you could keep your normal community motd (welcome message, rules, etc), and then have a full screen message afterward, that's less limited than the normal motd. I suppose, if you wanted to, you could run it along side another ad provider, since again, it runs after the normal motd. I think it's still being tested though.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 11-10-2014 , 04:16   Re: Sourcerev
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
It was designed to run after (or insted of) the normal motd. The idea was that you could keep your normal community motd (welcome message, rules, etc), and then have a full screen message afterward, that's less limited than the normal motd. I suppose, if you wanted to, you could run it along side another ad provider, since again, it runs after the normal motd. I think it's still being tested though.
you are still better off showing another motdgd/pinion ad then lol. btw both adnetwork's plugin let you show another ad later on after the original motd
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2014 , 15:52   Re: Sourcerev
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
you are still better off showing another motdgd/pinion ad then lol. btw both adnetwork's plugin let you show another ad later on after the original motd
You may be right. I know from past experience with pinion though, that if you make too much $$ in one cycle they will just 'decide' not to pay you, and say you were faking clicks or something, even if your traffic was 100% legitimate. I have seen this happen multiple times with 1,000$+ payouts. I don't know how a company can just say, hey, "we're not going to pay you even though you clearly served tons of ads to your clients. And followed all of our rules." I mean, parsing the server logs would show you some hundreds of thousands of clients. Were I'm from we call this fraud, and it's a crime. Guess it's not down there at Pinion. Should note that this was back when they had a monopoly on the advertising game and their cpm was real bad. Now that there are more competitors, and they have had to raise it.. People might just find better alternatives.