Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)

Post New Thread Reply   

ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-08-2008 , 01:51   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #11

Actually, I built a sentry on the train, and not only did it not blow up, but it came back on the next train! I'm not making this up! I do have the trains slowed down on my server, that might be why.

Also, how do you do 100% crits? tftrue?
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 04-08-2008 , 03:38   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
Actually, I built a sentry on the train, and not only did it not blow up, but it came back on the next train! I'm not making this up! I do have the trains slowed down on my server, that might be why.

Also, how do you do 100% crits? tftrue?

And the Chaos spreads ;). That will be nice to read about on the steam community forums when some tit dodges a train at the last second and then gets taken out by a train with a few SG's on top. Should make for a fun read.

I use tftrue on my hosts for the crit changes. 2x, 3x, 5x and 10x depending on the mods. 10x is deadly since it makes all weapons single shot kill. Also how did you slow down the trains? Would love to do that with ctf_quarry.

Thanks,

-Teddy
ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-08-2008 , 05:33   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #13

Bah, I don't want to completely make this off topic, but here's the answer to your question.

I use stripper source.
Just an example part of the config for cp_well.cfg that I use:

Code:
modify:
{
        match:
        {
        "classname" "logic_timer"
        }
        replace:
        {
        "UpperRandomBound" "10"
        "LowerRandomBound" "1"
        }
}

modify:
{
        match:
        {
        "classname" "func_tracktrain"
        "target" "train1_path_a"
        "startspeed" "1024"
        }
        replace:
        {
        "startspeed" "100"
        }
}
First the logic_timer to make the trains spawn one after the other, then the other part to slow down one of them. Duplicate it for train2_path_a through train4. You can also change the hight, I use "100" to make them way above the tracks and can kill people on the platform.
ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-08-2008 , 06:37   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #14

Thanks to this addon, and the edit to objects.txt explained in this thread, and my slow trains modifiction, I was able to do this.

http://gamedownloads.rat.org/images/armedtrain.jpg
Small_Sumo
Old 04-08-2008 , 11:22   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #15

I might be way off base but can u make driveable vehicles with turrets n stuff for tf2? If so u need a modeler to make tanks and whatnot for you, might even need mapsmade that would suit. Most maps could handle motor bikes that would be lol.
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 04-09-2008 , 20:53   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_Sumo View Post
I might be way off base but can u make driveable vehicles with turrets n stuff for tf2? If so u need a modeler to make tanks and whatnot for you, might even need mapsmade that would suit. Most maps could handle motor bikes that would be lol.

Look at the Mario_Kart and Mario_Kart_CP maps. Both have 'vehicles' of sorts that allow you to basically control the speed and the direction (forward and back). Depending on the tracktrain object built you can mount 1 or more SG's on them. For the MK_CP map for instance I added additional cars and also made 2 large floating tanks for the players to trick out with 10-30 SG's. There is also various clouds and other stuff you can build on and cause utter chaos with and also on any prop_physics object that is metal and allows to be built on.

-Teddy
JDoc0512
Old 04-09-2008 , 23:09   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #17

I used

Code:
modify:
{
        match:
        {
        "classname" "logic_timer"
        }
        replace:
        {
        "UpperRandomBound" "10"
        "LowerRandomBound" "1"
        }
}

modify:
{
        match:
        {
        "classname" "func_tracktrain"
        "target" "train1_path_a"
        "startspeed" "1024"
        }
        replace:
        {
        "startspeed" "100"
        }
}
but it took about 20 seconds before the next train was spawned
is there a way to make trains come one after another immediately?

(sorry off topic)
Tournevis_man
Old 04-14-2008 , 15:16   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #18

I use TFtrue and I have set 120 % chance to do a critical hit.
It's very funny but the engie have no more occupations so I thinks multiples Sentries is a good idea
Spikeectf2
Old 05-03-2008 , 18:18   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #19

i dunno about any of your servers but it seems the last update has blocked changes to the object.txt
lemme know if you find the same
FunTF2Server
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2008 , 18:24   Re: TF2: Parent Buildables To Moving Entities (Elevators, Cars etc)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikeectf2 View Post
i dunno about any of your servers but it seems the last update has blocked changes to the object.txt
lemme know if you find the same
lies