Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CS_Jetpack 1.6983421

Post New Thread Reply   

WhightKnight
Old 01-04-2009 , 00:37   Re: TS_Jetpack
Reply With Quote #31

Hey Bad_Bud I'm sure you might not have intended for this when you came up with the plugin but:

Do you think everything would work out well if I used your modle for a jetpack as an extra option for the /hats plugin? I am 99.9% sure it should work fine, but I just wanted to secure my theory by your confirmation as the creator of this plugin before I add it.

Thanks!
WK
Old 01-04-2009 , 06:23   Re: TS_Jetpack
Reply With Quote #32

New version.

Tomorrow night, after I get back from my crappy retail job, I'll start working on the CS version if I don't get distracted by something. I'm not going to be adding a jetpack model to the players, though. It would probably look corny or not stay on the player very well (or it might, but I have no experience putting models on things). Not having a model is the main reason why I added the smoke and spark effects when you fly or have your jetpack on.

Last edited by Bad_Bud; 01-07-2009 at 18:56.
`666
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-04-2009 , 15:24   Re: TS_Jetpack
Reply With Quote #33

thanks for fakemeta version!
Bad_Bud
Old 01-05-2009 , 04:37   Re: TS_Jetpack
Reply With Quote #34

New version.

I was attempting to add all of the features I planned to include in the CS version before trying to port it over.

Edit: Counter-Strike version now available.

Please help test this plugin! I would love to find and obliterate any and all bugs.

Post your sever's IP if you intend to host and test this plugin. Thanks!

And a big thanks to everyone over in the scripting help forum.

Last edited by Bad_Bud; 01-05-2009 at 23:43.
cs1.7
Old 01-06-2009 , 08:43   Re: TS_Jetpack 3.0 / CS_Jetpack 1.1
Reply With Quote #35

cool jetpack. hint: find another solution, so that players have not to bind anything. for example: catch IN_JUMP and execute plusjetpack. u have to jump anyway if u wanna fly. i gonna change it for myself but u'll get ur plugin more popular if u get rid of the whole binding story

PHP Code:
public plusjetpack(id)
    if((
get_user_button(id) & IN_JUMP) && is_user_alive(id) && JetpackBools[id][0]&&!Disabled))
    {

JetpackBools[id][2]=true

else

JetpackBools[id][2]=false

return PLUGIN_HANDLED

`666
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-06-2009 , 16:00   Re: TS_Jetpack 3.0 / CS_Jetpack 1.1
Reply With Quote #36

Tested on condition zero with bots... when i kill one bot i get maximum fuel (1000) that set by "cs_jetpack_maxfuel", but "cs_jetpack_fuelmatch" set to 10 !
Bad_Bud
Old 01-06-2009 , 16:42   Re: TS_Jetpack 3.0 / CS_Jetpack 1.1
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs1.7 View Post
cool jetpack. hint: find another solution, so that players have not to bind anything. for example: catch IN_JUMP and execute plusjetpack. u have to jump anyway if u wanna fly. i gonna change it for myself but u'll get ur plugin more popular if u get rid of the whole binding story

PHP Code:
public plusjetpack(id)
    if((
get_user_button(id) & IN_JUMP) && is_user_alive(id) && JetpackBools[id][0]&&!Disabled))
    {

JetpackBools[id][2]=true

else

JetpackBools[id][2]=false

return PLUGIN_HANDLED

That sucks if you're not looking to actually fly, but you still want to jump. I'll put in another cvar for it.

------------------------------------------------

New version.

Added the jump to fly thing, and fixed that one bug. If either of you have a server running this, please give me the IP. I would love to test the new explosion code with people on the other team (that aren't bots).

Last edited by Bad_Bud; 01-06-2009 at 23:20.
`666
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-07-2009 , 10:59   Re: TS_Jetpack 3.0 / CS_Jetpack 1.2
Reply With Quote #38

I can host dedicated server for you and we can test it together, if you interested pm me and i pm my steam name and you can add me.

btw, you forgot to edit plugin version in .sma for cs.

Last edited by `666; 01-07-2009 at 11:02.
Bad_Bud
Old 01-09-2009 , 05:03   Re: CS_Jetpack 1.5
Reply With Quote #39

I have dropped TS support (unless requested) and updated the plugin to hopefully the final version, unless features are requested (if reasonable).
Old 01-09-2009 , 15:08   Re: CS_Jetpack 1.5
Reply With Quote #40

thanks for updates.

Maybe you could add auto responder when player types jetpack word eg "how do i get jetpack?" and it will auto respond with message like "To get jetpack type /jetpack To fly jetpack press jump or bind key +jetpack"... For example code look at parachute plugin http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...ight=parachute

Also I had problem with fuel hud information, it overwrite amxx admin hud messages (found out when was trying to explain to players how to use jetpack lol), don't know if this can be fixed or not, but would be nice

Some players complained what it is hard to fly forwards, so have to use strafe methods like on surf servers to get somewhere (if you know what I mean)