Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    An attempt to revert weapon functionality to how they were pre-Gun Mettle, as accurately as possible.
    Old 03-26-2022 , 10:34   [TF2] NotnHeavy's pre-Gun Mettle reverts
    Reply With Quote #1

NotnHeavy's pre-Gun Mettle Reverts

Note (31.01.2022): I will re-write this plugin in another form within the coming months.

Hey, have you missed playing with the ridiculously fast Degreaser? Have you missed gardening 7 out of 9 classes with ease with the Caber? What about Tide Turner crits, or Baby Face's Blaster with little to no boost loss, or the Sandman and Flying Guillotine combo, or the Beggar's Bazooka shotgun that is the Panic Attack, etc etc. If so, you have come to the right place!

This is a SourceMod plugin that reverts weapon attributes to just before Gun Mettle (July 2 2015), as accurately as possible. This is my first SM plugin as well, so it may not be perfect, but I worked up to my hardest!

You may always look up the attributes of weapons before Gun Mettle, but just a brief analysis: The TF2 Gun Mettle update was the first major update that marked a significant turn in weapon functionality. Some weapons got nerfs, some weapons got buffs, etc etc. Tough Break also brought a lot of changes to weapons, mostly nerfs instead however. This is the main reason why I picked before Gun Mettle as the timestamp of this project, so you could get a proper taste of old TF2, while also being able to experience nearly every weapon that TF2 still has (only the Dragon's Fury, Second Banana, Thermal Thruster and Gas Passer didn't exist before Gun Mettle).

Installation.
    Head over to the GitHub page (https://github.com/NotnHeavy/TF2-Pre-Gun-Mettle-Reverts) releases tab and download the most recent version. This plugin has been developed with SourceMod 1.10, for what it's worth. Once you have downloaded your ZIP, what you'll need to do first is move everything in "NotnHeavy's pre-Gun Mettle reverts\tf" to your server's \tf\ directory. Then, if your server also uses FastDL, move everything in "NotnHeavy's pre-Gun Mettle reverts\fastdl" to your server's FastDL directory. That's pretty much it!

Things that have not been reverted.

Airblast mechanics are mostly reverted (tf_airblast_cray 0), however the hitboxes and target auto-aim (the direction your projectiles went used to be influenced by which opponent you were looking at as well) have not been reverted either since I'm not sure what to do about those either. I'll look into it though.

I haven't reverted weapon models/weapon sounds at the moment either. The Rocket Jumper/Sticky Jumper are both an exception, however, since as of v1.2 I have fully reverted those weapons.

Influences

This plugin has been influenced not only by my somehow massive interest in TF2's old mechanics, but also by a plugin called Weapon Reverts by bakugo (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2717299). I really enjoyed playing on servers with this plugin, and I thought about writing my own historically-accurate plugin with as many reverts as possible. Thank you bakugo .

Dependencies:
    Cvars:
    • notnheavy_gunmettle_reverts_reject_newitems 0-1 (defaults to 1) - block weapons that were not present before Gun Mettle.

Credits.
    Thank you to nosoop for providing samples of code (functions used for memory management in this case) with your stocksoup plugin (https://github.com/nosoop/stocksoup)!

Releases
    Source code

Trailer on Youtube:

Last edited by NotnHeavy; 01-31-2023 at 16:00.
    305like
    Old 08-07-2023 , 23:34   Re: [TF2] NotnHeavy's pre-Gun Mettle reverts
    Reply With Quote #2

It's a good plugin
    I have a question
    I want to enable a HUD that shows how much health is recovered when using health packs.
    Where is it?