Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Statistical
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Uses HintText to show player velocity, acceleration and average speed with user command for max speed, max acceleration and distance
    Old 03-23-2010 , 08:05   [CSS] Player Telemetry
    Reply With Quote #1

What is it?

Essentially an overgrown speedometer which now has a G meter and tripmeter. Useful for bhop/surf/slide or any server that enjoys letting players go faster than run speed.

Features
    • Uses ShowHintText box to show speed in MPH and/or KPH, acceleration in Gs and average speed in MPH and/or KPH
    • "speedstats" chat command (public or private via CVAR) allows client(s) to see their max speed/acceleration and distance traveled
    • "speedreset" chat command allows players to reset their stats
    • Advertisement can be deactivated with a CVAR
    • Easily switch between metric and standard units

Console Variables
    • sm_telemetry_enabled - set to 0 to disable and 1 to enable showing telemetry
    • sm_telemetry_pollrate - time in seconds between calculating each player's telemetry [default: 0.4]
    • sm_telemetry_factor - denominator used to convert source units into MPH. In CSS by default running speed is 250 Units so with the a default sm_telemetry_factor of 37 it is about (250/37)=7MPH
    • sm_telemetry_announce - when client types "speedstats" print to all users with 2, print just to client with 1 and disable with 0
    • sm_telemetry_allowspecs - 1 allows spectators to view telemetry data and 0 disables it (saves some performance)
    • sm_telemetry_advert - 1 to enable advertising the "speedstats" command to each player 30 seconds after activating, 0 to disable any advertisements
    • sm_telemetry_units - 2 is standard units only, 1 is metric units only, and 0 is both (which takes a mild performance hit because of more array re-indexing)

Installation
    1. Compile (or download smx) and drop it in your plugins directory.
    2. No config is generated so you may want to add to your server.cfg or individual map config. (If people request it I'll add a config file.)

Future Improvements

-Adding SQL support so speedstats aren't lost when the player leaves
    -Adding "jump" detection so distance between players contacting surfaces can be measured for extra fun

Thanks for letting me use your code, tools, and just being bloody awesome!

Bailopan, Soccerdude, ]SoD[ Frostbyte, Nican132, DJTSUNAMI, and more . . .

Notes

-My code contains several commented lines with script on them. If you uncomment them and change the path of the sound file you can add a trigger for an emitsound on a player when they exceed a certain speed.
    -I'm sure someone made a plugin like this one but I couldn't find it and I'm sure I'd end up modifying it anyway.

Changelog
    Quote:
    3/23/2010:
    -fixed sm_telemetry_enabled 0 not disabling adverts
    -added sm_telemetry_announce value/behavior "disabled"
    -fixed tabbed/spaced script formatting problem
    3/26/2010
    -new version 1.1!
    -added chat command "speedreset"
    -added sm_telemetry_units
    -fixed some array re-indexing for minor performance boost
    -fixed some unclear or incorrect comments
    -added advert behavior when sm_telemetry_announce=0
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (telemetry_public.sp - 1773 views - 12.6 KB)

Last edited by STREETFIGHTER 2; 03-26-2010 at 09:02.
    DrLee
    Old 05-10-2014 , 16:34   Re: [CSS] Player Telemetry
    Reply With Quote #2

I realize this is an old plugin, but would their be anyway for the 'stats' to be displayed on the side of the screen instead of the center.