Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2][REQ] Ready Up (using pause functionality)

Post New Thread Reply   

ChillyWI
Old 12-08-2009 , 15:02   [L4D2][REQ] Ready Up (using pause functionality)
Reply With Quote #1

I think the pause plugin shows more promise for Ready Up than the L4D plugin did. On map load it should pause the server and display the ready up menu. On Ready, it should count down from 10 before unpausing.

It should take !ready triggers just like the other plugin, so copied binds/scripts would still work. A cvar that requires all players to ready up or just one per team would be great as well.

Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2009 , 15:49   Re: [L4D2][REQ] Ready Up (using pause functionality)
Reply With Quote #2

I am already porting my plugin to l4d2
ChillyWI
Old 12-09-2009 , 18:12   Re: [L4D2][REQ] Ready Up (using pause functionality)
Reply With Quote #3

That's good news. Was just hoping it'd use the pause functionality from the other plugin, since then there would be no need to restart twice.

Also, a chance of making it auto ready after a certain amount of time, like 30 seconds? cvar, of course.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2009 , 13:22   Re: [L4D2][REQ] Ready Up (using pause functionality)
Reply With Quote #4

There will be a pause functionality but it's separate from the ready-up. I don't know if you have realized this yet but when a server is paused clients trying to connect get stuck at 99% at the loading screen. So it's not a terribly good idea to pause servers when people are trying to connect.

That being said, there will be a feature at making the ready up part more amenable. Not an auto-ready after a timer yet. If you want that I suggest posting a full feature request on my RUP thread (after the L4D2 port is released in the next few days) with exact details as to how it would interact with existing CVARs.