Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[HL2DM] RolePlay Fully Customized Master(D) Dev (v3.6.3.0i)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Master53
Veteran Member
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
All
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    script was removed from OP by author
    Old 09-03-2010 , 08:59   [HL2DM] RolePlay Fully Customized Master(D) Dev (v3.6.3.0i)
    Reply With Quote #1

HL2DM RolePlay Custom MOD.
    Please Post Back Your Edits And Changes.
    A taster of Sammys Server Plugin Collection
    Created By Master(D) AKA MasterDJ

License
    The script is licensed under an extended GPLv3

Last edited by Master53; 08-09-2011 at 13:43. Reason: not needed
    Monkeys
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-03-2010 , 09:21   Re: [HL2DM] RolePlay Fully Customized Master(D) Dev
    Reply With Quote #2

What advantage does this mod have over the two others?
    Other than more bugs, ofcourse.
    or he's gonna feed all night.
    Master53
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-03-2010 , 09:35   Re: [HL2DM] RolePlay Fully Customized Master(D) Dev
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Monkeys View Post
    What advantage does this mod have over the two others?
    Other than more bugs, ofcourse.
    maybe more bugs, iv removed all the older bugs from the rp mod but there maybe new ones which need to be found out.

it may have some advantages because its got more stuff than the other mods combind. and i do have a todo list, like get my car mod stable and jobs that actually do something...

Last edited by Master53; 09-03-2010 at 09:42.
    Monkeys
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-03-2010 , 09:41   Re: [HL2DM] RolePlay Fully Customized Master(D) Dev
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Master53 View Post
    its got more stuff than the other mods combind.
    I hope you're kidding.

And please, don't call it a complete recode if it isn't completely recoded.
    Master53
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-03-2010 , 09:45   Re: [HL2DM] RolePlay Fully Customized Master(D) Dev
    Reply With Quote #5

well atleast its about 80% recoded then. and i dont want to see any of my code in any other released plugins to make them better...

Monkeys
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-03-2010 , 09:53   Re: [HL2DM] RolePlay Fully Customized Master(D) Dev
    Reply With Quote #6

I've done a quick comparison.
    Nowhere near 80%.

You removed whitespace charactres and variables have different names, but it's all there.
    The difference is the readability.

I do see a few features that I don't see in Krim's/Nicks, but I do believe Bennie added those already.

And don't worry, nobody will use your code to improve.
    wmchris
    Old 09-03-2010 , 11:50   Re: [HL2DM] RolePlay Fully Customized Master(D) Dev
    Reply With Quote #7

it's good to see that you published the code, but you have to fix the same things nick has to fix, otherwise this code allows the full takeover of the gameserver.

However, the most features you praise are default funcs in the 2.41, and nearly all the other things you praise are from the 3.0 version.

and 70% better hud? sorry but what can make a hud percentage better than another? ;)

btw you cant stop people using your code (or copying parts of it into other "collections") because you published it under the GPL. So if anyone want he can implement parts of it in nicks mod or create extensions for the 3.0.

The "Growing Drugs" and "Money Print machine" sounds very much like my idea i posted in the HL2RP Forum. ;)

However thanks for helping the community by releasing the code. Hope someone can use it.
    Master53
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-03-2010 , 12:04   Re: [HL2DM] RolePlay Fully Customized Master(D) Dev
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wmchris View Post
    The "Growing Drugs" and "Money Print machine" sounds very much like my idea i posted in the HL2RP Forum. ;)

However thanks for helping the community by releasing the code. Hope someone can use it.
    really seem as tho i havnt been on your fourms for weeks how can i possable know they where posted there or perhaps i made them long before and otehrs got ideas while everyone steals ideas from others idc. i just want to help the community with helpfull stuff. your write some of the implants come from bennis which benni only cops other peoples work so where do you think it came from? but i will get around to fix them bugs.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wmchris View Post
    and 70% better hud? sorry but what can make a hud percentage better than another? ;)
    i just thought that having all the hud processing in stages is better than all at the same time. but i have edited and recoded a huge amount of code in the this mod.

also sry for what i said about that above. i read the GPL licence ... and id have to stick to it i gess. could you also pm me the bugs that was in nicks mod.

Last edited by Master53; 09-03-2010 at 12:09.
    psychonic

BAFFLED
    Old 09-03-2010 , 13:25   Re: [HL2DM] RolePlay Fully Customized Master(D) Dev
    Reply With Quote #9

Why don't you guys combine your efforts rather than creating four RP plugin threads full of flames?
    Monkeys
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-03-2010 , 13:33   Re: [HL2DM] RolePlay Fully Customized Master(D) Dev
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
    Why don't you guys combine your efforts rather than creating four RP plugin threads full of flames?
    Only Nick and Master are not combining efforts with us right now.
    I asked Nick, but he seems to be ignoring me.
    Master pretended to be sharing for a while, but all he did was post "Should I release it?" and posts "I am way better than you" (in horrific English, no less).
    When we called him out on it, he all of a sudden didn't want to release.

But hey, all the other developers have been working together writing new stuff. We've been writing extensions to work with any rp plugin that wants them to work and it's been going nice.
    We're even thinking about starting a little contest to promote compatibility between us all.

I would like to note that there won't be one big RP plugin we'll all work together on, though. I prefer it that way, as it leaves the choice with the user as to what he wants to use. Same reason we're working with extensions rather than hardcoded features.

Sorry for going a tad offtopic, just wanted to let the people here know that you're always welcome to help us as we will help you.