Thread: Forum mod
View Single Post
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2004 , 03:24  
Reply With Quote #7

Ok thanx a lot, I will look at this.

The reason for it checking if a player is registered "all the time" is because amxmodx re-checks your access every time you change your name or do something else that triggers a "client_infochanged". This means amxmodx wipes all your access flags, and resets them to you by reading the users.ini file again. Which means any other flags set by other plugins will be lost. So I have to check the player's registration status again. I will find out a way around this - likely I'm thinking of changing so that it only does a "checkreg" once when player has authorized. Which means you will have to log off and then on from the game to become registered, if you went to the forum and registered your steamid there. If you really need to get registered on the same map (impatient huh?), there is already a console command for this.

Maybe I could also add a feature to connect your steamid to a forum account while ingame. If your name ingame is "(Pub) Joe" and you can enter amx_regme "mysikritpasswordinforum" it could check if the forum user Joe has the given password and thus register. This of course if the player already has registered an account at the forum.