View Single Post
|GsX| GrimReaper
Old 02-20-2009 , 18:07   Re: TeamBets 2.0 (Mani Conversion)
Reply With Quote #10

As the previous version's thread says over and over, we couldn't get it to work with binds. You could type the bet fine, but if you used aliases and binds, or even just manual binds, it wouldn't function. It would output to the text chat area, without going to the plugin.

I messed with it until I got it to work, by reading the scripting tutorials and making a bunch of changes.

I then contacted the original author via PM, and got no response. Then I posted my altered version to share with the world, and asked the original author to take a look and update the plugin. Still no response. So, in order to provide a searchable thread that was active and supported (although I'm a n00b at SM coding), I reposted my altered version as it's own new plugin, and clearly stated that ferret was the original author.

I would suggest that if the old version is working for you, use it. It makes me no difference, but the problem was well documented and you never posted any assistance, so I don't understand why you are posting now. You come across as rather argumentative, when I am simply trying to provide something useful to the community with my limited coding skills.

Can you successfully use binds on your server, because it seems all other comments suggest it is in fact broken, and not a figment of my warped imagination.