View Single Post
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 04-15-2013 , 07:49   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode
Reply With Quote #40

Changing their mins and maxs will prevent them from being targeted by stuff... Wranglers, sentries, bullets, projectiles will go through them. Making them unsolid will, for the most part, allow projectiles to pass through them.. However hitscan weapons will still hit them and stop (i think).. Uless you change their collision type to something strange, but then they most likely wont be able to activate triggers, so doors won't work. I could be wrong. If you find collision properties that let them be targeted by mousever, but not wrangler, sentry, bullets, projectiles, while also allowing triggers to activate, let me know. It would be better than messing with the mins and maxs because it makes the player harder to target or makes it harder for them to activate triggers, since triggers have to touch the mins or maxs to activate.

Perspective is set by eye position attachment point on the model... I think, or it is calculated some other way. The mins and maxs is not exactly the hitbox.. It is used for simpler calculations. Changing the players mins and maxs will not alter perspective like changing model scale with the resize plugin. Hitboxes for player models are actually many, and follow bone movement to detect location damage. Sorry for confusion.

Inventory application happens every time a player is given items... On spawn or cabinet touch, or by the sourcemod function regenerateplayer.