View Single Post
djromero
Old 01-30-2009 , 15:26   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Reaper View Post
The first thing you can improve :

Sometimes the survivors HUD is... I don't know the verb, it does the same thing when a player joins to the survivors team. So survivors can know when a bot appears.

EDIT :

Few minutes ago, I was alone in the infected team, in ghost mod with the Hunter, I was suddenly switched to a boomer in the " real " phase, what happened ?

EDIT 2 : Other improvement you can make :

Put the bots in the infected HUD, so we'll able to see life etc...
Didn't get the first part .... are you saying that survivors can see when a bot appears or you wish for they to know when a bot is spawned???

About the "suddenly switched to a boomer", well, yes, i wrote that one down on the first post. The problem is that dead/spawning infected players will automatically take over infected bots when they're spawned. I really can't do much about this one, but don't worry, my plugin will automatically queue a new bot with the time you had left to enter ghost mode, so the survivors won't notice the difference. It's true that real infected players will have a bit more advantage, but lacking a real player on infected is a bigger disadvantage.

About making the bots show up on the infected HUD, well, that would be more like a client-sided plugin, since that's where the HUD is controlled. I'll try to look a bit more into that.

Last edited by djromero; 01-30-2009 at 15:56.