View Single Post
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2007 , 21:58   [FAKEMETA] unregister_forward can cause runtime errors

The idea is to only have the forward running when you need it. Example code:

Code:
#include <amxmodx>  #include <fakemeta>  new fwdTraceLine;  public plugin_init()  {     register_concmd("register","register");     register_concmd("unregister","unregister");  }  public register(id)  {     fwdTraceLine = register_forward(FM_TraceLine,"fw_traceline",1);     console_print(id,"* Registered FM_TraceLine: %i",fwdTraceLine);     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  public unregister(id)  {     console_print(id,"* Unregistering FM_TraceLine: %i -- Result: %i",fwdTraceLine,unregister_forward(FM_TraceLine,fwdTraceLine,1));     fwdTraceLine = 0;     return PLUGIN_HANDLED;  }  public fw_traceline(Float:start[3],Float:end[3],noMonsters,id,trace)  {     return FMRES_IGNORED;  }

Code:
] register
* Registered FM_TraceLine: 369
] unregister
* Unregistering FM_TraceLine: 369 -- Result: 1
This works alright. But then, once I add a bot:

Code:
] bot_add_ct
"bot_quota" changed to "1"
bot] Alfred connected
bot] Alfred is joining the Counter-Terrorist force
Scoring will not start until both teams have players
L 01/27/2007 - 21:07:31: [AMXX] Forwards with more than 32 parameters are not supported (tried to prepare array # 33).
L 01/27/2007 - 21:07:31: [AMXX] Forwards with more than 32 parameters are not supported (tried to prepare array # 33).
Rinse and repeat the error message. The error stops appearing if I register the forward again, or remove the bot. I'm not sure if this only occurs with bots or with any other clients besides the host.

I'm using AMXX 1.76c on a CZ listen server. I've tried this running only the exampe plugin (not even any of the AMXX base plugins), and it still occurs, albeit the forward index is much lower.

Last edited by XxAvalanchexX; 01-27-2007 at 22:39.