View Single Post
Marcus_Brown001
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-15-2013 , 07:41   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #777

I do not believe this plugin is supported widely anymore, however, I do have an update for it. I wanted to use this on a Classic HL2DM server, but it just kinda refused to work correctly. The first problem, one many people have, is that the 'teamkill' sound plays all the time even if you are not playing teamplay.

I simply added a check for the 'mp_teamplay' cvar before it checked the clients' teams and played the sound. The other thing that was fixed was the 'headshot' sound; originally, the HL2DM Quake plugin did not have headshot support, now it does. The thanks for that should go to psychonic, I got the code needed from his SuperLogs plugin! This version of the plugin is '3.0', however, it is ONLY FOR HL2DM! I removed all support for other games ( it annoyed me to have it there ); if you want to fix the 'teamkill' glitch in the other version, simply copy the needed portions and put them in the other one ( very easy ).

Hope this helps someone!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (quake_sounds.sp - 619 views - 18.7 KB)
File Type: smx quake_sounds.smx (15.6 KB, 311 views)

Last edited by Marcus_Brown001; 03-15-2013 at 07:42.