View Single Post
KrankFL
Old 05-13-2009 , 18:10   Re: [EXTENSION] L4DToolZ
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivailosp View Post
you make a lobby and then join the server or join direct your server, but he don't have sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0
so the problem is the lobby and matchmaking system - just don't use them and you will be fine
I had the same problem, but I contacted you on garena on how to enforce "survivor_limit" to 8 and "z_max_player_zombies" to 8, because without these cvars enforced, they will keep reverting to 4.0000 and only allow 4 players per team in versus mode.

So you gave me that tiny bit of code to put inside a plugin script, had to compile it myself with a crash course "how to compile my own plugin" .
And surprise it worked! it now has 8 players per team, the attached plugin/script works best in combination with ivailosp's L4DToolZ.

For those that need this little sourceplugin, I will attach the sp file.

EDIT: it seems the forums make the sp file an smx automatically, how handy, no need to compile it yourself then! if you want to edit or cimpile it yourself follow instructions below.

Place the "maxplayersaddon.sp" for example in "left 4 dead server\left4dead\addons\sourcemod\scripting" and run the compile.exe it will be output in "left 4 dead server\left4dead\addons\sourcemod\scripting\c ompiled" then copy the "maxplayersaddon.smx" to your sourcemod plugins folder. voila, you now have 8 players max per team when you restart your server with this plugin.

I take no credit for the code given in the script, it was provided to me by ivailosp.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (maxplayersaddon.sp - 3178 views - 805 Bytes)

Last edited by KrankFL; 05-13-2009 at 18:14.