Thread: Model Menu
View Single Post
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2008 , 23:58   Re: Model Menu
Reply With Quote #232

UPDATE 1
I have commented the entire plugin and modified my GetModelAccess function.

UPDATE 2
I found a bug where team 2 players were unable to select a stock model. That bug has now been fixed.

After playing with the model menu for a few hours, I found a serious bug (both admin groups (T and CT) were both being stored as 1 instead of 1 and 2) and I made a change to the plugin.

The attached version lets you specify admin flags instead of groups, and uses proper menu titles. I also included the no model selection from post #227.

UPDATE 3 10-24-08
I found a bug where Steam IDs were being retrieved in a forward where it is possible to not yet have a Steam ID for the player. A fixed version is now attached.

UPDATE 4 9-17-09
The plugin now supports any flag for model access, and performance has been improved in the GetUserModelAccess function.

UPDATE 5 9-17-09
I fixed a really silly error in the plugin. Thanks John Shandy.

UPDATE 6 10-27-09
The plugin works correctly now (around 8 bugs have been fixed). Don't use / in key names (especially in sections), it seems to mess up the KV parser.

Future updates will be available through SVN on my plugin tracker.

UPDATE 7 10-27-09
Fixed more bugs.

I also created a CS:S admin model / plugin package (models from ICS-Base.Net) with my version of the plugin included (currently out of date, grab the version from this post and replace the one in the package with it) and all of the necessary configuration files. Simple upload all of the directories to your game server, the materials and models directories to your FastDL if you have one, load the ModelMenu plugin from rcon and you're good to go. You can download the package from here.

Some notes:
  • If you run your FastDL on an IIS server, and aren't able to get certain model files to download, check this out.
  • If the models show up as ERROR, make sure the files downloaded to your client directory properly and if they did, restart your game. That fixed it for me.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ModelMenu.sp - 1982 views - 13.3 KB)

Last edited by recon0; 10-27-2009 at 16:40.