View Single Post
WoZeR
Donor
Old 07-09-2008 , 16:21   Re: TF2 Fast Respawn
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
Well, as I explained WoZeR's plugin manually respawns people, therefore it has to notify people when they respawn through a hint message, and the time shown at the top of the screen won't be entirely accurate. My plugin just uses TF2's built in respawn waves (meaning the time you set will be the max time it'll take for you to respawn, it can be shorter), so it doesn't have to manually respawn people. The drawback of that of course is that people won't respawn exactly x seconds after they die.
My plugin actually doesn't need to use a hint message. The spawntimer in the hud is closely accurate to spawn time. I placed the hint message there to let players know that there is a custom spawn time being applied on the map.

However, You are going to have some problems with your plugin.

1) You will not be able to have instant respawn since the in game spawn system doesn't allow you to spawn until about 6 seconds have passed.

2) You will never have 100% accurate respawn times. For an example, if you decide you want the blue team to spawn at exactly 10 seconds it will not work. The in game spawn engine tacks on a couple of seconds about 6 to 7 to the current set spawn time. So if you set a 10 second spawn it will be 16 seconds.

3) Also, the tf_gamerules respawn wave values will get reset randomly during a match. So, if the server cvar for mp_respawnwavetimes is set to 10 it will default tf_gamerules back to 10 seconds breaking the spawn time.

Next, my plugin works perfectly fine. The reason the plugin breaks is when a TF2 update comes out and you are using an outdated version of sourcemod that doesn't support that release of TF2. In other words, if the plugin doesn't work go update your sourcemod before posting it's broke. Updating SM has been the fix every single time.

Since my plugin can support instant spawn you will not have a kill cam if spawn time is lower than 4 to 6 seconds. Kill cams work perfectly fine if you set the respawn time higher than that. That is by design of the plugin to force you to spawn at the exact time the server admin wants their players spawning.

Also, I really doub't my plugin is CPU intensive since it is based on events and is not polling anything. So technically if you have 32 players on your server and no one has died then the plugin should be barely using any cpu usage. The only time the plugin does anything is when a player dies.

WITHOUT RESPAWN PLUGIN RUNNING

WITH RESPAWN PLUGIN RUNNING

Last edited by WoZeR; 07-09-2008 at 16:40.