View Single Post
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Location: The Cookie Jar... or Pullman, WA (Washington State University)
Old 10-01-2007 , 16:10   Re: Hard Drive BAD after dual-boot
Reply With Quote #4

I have been wanting to replace my SATA I Maxtor hard drive with a SATA II Seagate or Western Digital but since I already have 2 hard drives I have been hesitant... I don't know what to do; I did have XP Pro 64-bit installed first then Vista 64 and everything was going fine until I shut down Vista after I think I may have incorrectly set settings in the EASYBCD (Vista bootloader modifying program). So I may have actually messed it up myself so I will probably delete the vista partition and see if I can somehow repair XP bootloader and the installation preserving all my data and such. Then once everything is repaired, I will try to follow the directions perfectly so no problems arise.

Maybe someone has specific idea of how to perform such a repair because programs like Partition Magic and GParted won't do anything to my computer because they don't view the hard drive as there.

Thanks guys.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!